Samsung SMT S7800 Freesat+ PVR and ITV Player

Well, I've waited over a year so far since buying this box for ITV Player to become available. I have queried Samsung a number of times and they told me last week to look out for an imminent Firmware update. In fact this new firmware became available on 5 Sept (v6.0.376). I have installed this, but still no ITV Player !!!!
I am really annoyed about this because the promise of "ITV Player coming soon" was one of my buying criteria over a year ago.
I think Samsung are out of order with this, especially as the device is still advertised as "Internet Access BBC iPlayer, iTV Player, YouTube " on their website.
In my view a year is an unreasonable length of time to have to wait for such a promise; this box does not do what it says on the tin and I really feel that Samsung are in breach of Trade Descriptions with this.
Has anyone got ITV Player to work ? It would be interesting to know before I start pursuing Samsung for a refund on the above grounds.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    No ITV Player is available on this machine yet. It's not just your machine but all of these Samsungs. Other than that the firmware update has made this a cracking box (so far). Be interesting to see how to get on persuing this. Keep us posted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I`ve been on at Samsung for the past year also about this. It was one of my buying criteria as well and feel that they totally stretching the word "COMING SOON".

I get different responses from Samsung, ranging from saying it`ll be coming along in the next month (3 month ago) to saying it`ll never have ITV Player support.

I tried to return the box back to Pixmania (where it came from) but they refused as they don`t list the fact that it will or won`t support ITV Player on their own website. In fact they list very little specification about it leading you to rely/trust on the manufacturers spec.

So I tried to return it back to Samsung but they won`t accept it back because they don`t class it as a technical fault.

So I`m stuck with a box that Samsung will probably never provide ITV Player on event though it has a stickers referencing it and it's on their website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung still say on the page for the product "Coming Soon".

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/set-top-box/set-top-box/SMT-S7800/XEU-features

I guess this is a bit of a grey area when it comes to a refund.

Automan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    Samsung still say on the page for the product "Coming Soon".

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/set-top-box/set-top-box/SMT-S7800/XEU-features

I guess this is a bit of a grey area when it comes to a refund.

Automan.

Pity samsung do not sell them all on Ebay, we could all then raise a dispute claim for "item not as described".
    Apart from this though I do like the box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Does anybody remember the secret code for ITV player beta?