Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
Forum Member
✭✭
finally, he made an announcement for his first solo album and single to be released soon.

will it be successful? i think still depends on the quality of the album and single.

http://shanefilan.com/

Comments

• farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose he could suprise us but I'm guessing it'll probably be a rather subdued release along the lines of Ronan Keating's last album and probably achieve similar sales.

A good first single and performances of it could elevate it a bit but that's more or less what I'd expect they are aiming for.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it all really does depend on the quality AND a good promotion. I mean, if he for example, appears with Walsh during bootcamp of The X Factor and then sings a song on the show, that would be a great start. Not to mention doing various radio and tv shows.

I really hope London Records treat him right because Syco truly ignored Westlife in the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure he will also release 2nd single before the album comes, that would be a great move.

Also, it seems that people are interested in his solo stuff as he was trending worldwide on Twitter on the day his website launched - so hopefully, he will have more success that Ronan had with his last album.
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Yes, it all really does depend on the quality AND a good promotion. I mean, if he for example, appears with Walsh during bootcamp of The X Factor and then sings a song on the show, that would be a great start. Not to mention doing various radio and tv shows.

I really hope London Records treat him right because Syco truly ignored Westlife in the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure he will also release 2nd single before the album comes, that would be a great move.

Also, it seems that people are interested in his solo stuff as he was trending worldwide on Twitter on the day his website launched - so hopefully, he will have more success that Ronan had with his last album.

really! i missed a lot on twitter... i havent known about the trending topic... it's been a while since i visited twitter then..

what is the trending hashtag?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trending was FilanFriday. It was no. 1 worldwide for a while and it was still at no. 4 two hours later :)
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Objectively, I can't see it doing brilliantly - the comparison with Ronan Keating above sounds about right to me.

But I love his voice ridiculously much, and I am ridiculously excited to hear his solo music, and looking forward to any future tours! So I hope he gets success, he has a brilliant pop voice, he's so good at what he does, just flawless.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The days of boyband members going solo and being more successful as a result are long gone. He'll flop. Which is a shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's too soon to tell Nobby,

me too, i am a fan of his voice, one of the best male singing voice i must say, the only key for me is the BEST CHOICE OF SINGLE TO BE RELEASED.

i am wondering what kind of first single is he going to release, slow-love song (common-but his best genrefor his voice) or upbeat (trendy today, also fits to his voice)
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he does well, like people have said he's got a great voice, one of the best in pop. He is also a great performer and a pretty good dancer too. I also think he has a very likable personality! He will be compared to Ronan for sure, the same way as Westlife were compared to Boyzone, but I personally believe Ronan may have done better with his latest albums if the cheating scandal and break up of his marriage hadn't happened, it sort of broke his image.

Anyways for Shane it will completely be down to the song. There's a loyal fanbase anticipating it so I think tour sales and album sales will be decent, but singles could be a struggle. Radio weren't supportive to Westlife, he really needs to get them on side for a proper hit. It's too hard to judge without hearing anything it literally could go anyway.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great voice- just needs the right material. I hope he does well with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will announce another update on his website in about 25 minutes - I hope it is something to do with his debut single :) It will be also interesting to see whether he will be trending again. I will let you know coun3spice ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will announce another update on his website in about 25 minutes - I hope it is something to do with his debut single :) It will be also interesting to see whether he will be trending again. I will let you know coun3spice ;)

• Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be looking forward to some live shows. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »

You're welcome. It was mentioned on Twitter that Shane was trending again in the UK, but I don't think he did worldwide.

You can read about his first newsletter here:

http://www.shanefilan-solo.net/#/news/4559360579

I'm glad he keeps mentioning how he is writing his own songs - that gives me more and more hope that his album will be completely original, if not even completely written/co-written b Shane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're welcome. It was mentioned on Twitter that Shane was trending again in the UK, but I don't think he did worldwide.

You can read about his first newsletter here:

http://www.shanefilan-solo.net/#/news/4559360579

I'm glad he keeps mentioning how he is writing his own songs - that gives me more and more hope that his album will be completely original, if not even completely written/co-written b Shane.

wow.. it is giving me high hope that he will be successful with his first solo album, i really do hope he gets to sing and release very good singles for it will certainly make or break him, i do hope he collaborates with other great songwriter and be able to create a song that fits his voice, fits his personality and all.

he also gets to perform in x factor wow! that's a great promo too.

by the way what's the trending topic in uk?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I have just seen a comment that he is trending from one fan on Twitter.

I hope he will have a X Factor slot even though he isn't with Syco anymore - since Walsh is still his manager and a mentor on the show, I think he could pull some strings to get him there. I remember him saying last year how Shane will appear on X Factor bootcamp and that he will sing on the show. Hopefully, this is still in the cards as this would be a great opportunity for nice promotion.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the point since he sang all the leads in westlife with mark anyway the material would have to be very different,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I don't see the point since he sang all the leads in westlife with mark anyway the material would have to be very different,

I'm sorry, I don't understand - you don't see the point in what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know, I have just seen a comment that he is trending from one fan on Twitter.

I hope he will have a X Factor slot even though he isn't with Syco anymore - since Walsh is still his manager and a mentor on the show, I think he could pull some strings to get him there. I remember him saying last year how Shane will appear on X Factor bootcamp and that he will sing on the show. Hopefully, this is still in the cards as this would be a great opportunity for nice promotion.

i believe he will?? based on the website you posted, it was posted there that he will have a performance in x factor 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is still based on Walsh's comment from last year - nothing is confirmed yet:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is still based on Walsh's comment from last year - nothing is confirmed yet:)

oh i see... i thought it is confirmed

cant wait to hear shane, hearing him making me feel westlife once again
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he always seemed like a nice bloke and it was a bit sad to hear of his bankruptcy so i hope he does well with his single and albums
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he always seemed like a nice bloke and it was a bit sad to hear of his bankruptcy so i hope he does well with his single and albums

yes, I also fell bad for him. I find it sad that some people slag him saying he deserved it and whatnot - .he just tried to invest with his brother, but it all backfired. He isn't the first or the last man who tried something that failed in the end. It is not like he bankrupted because he spent too much money on luxurious things.

I hope he does well with his solo career, but it is a fickle business so who knows.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I'm no fan of Westlife but I felt sorry for him when I heard about his bankruptcy. Hopefully his solo career will take off. What kind of music is he going to be dong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indeed he is a very talented man, and once you have that talent, big things can happen.. really hoping for the best material for him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of Westlife but I felt sorry for him when I heard about his bankruptcy. Hopefully his solo career will take off. What kind of music is he going to be dong?

Nobody knows that for now - I find it ridiculous that it was reported how he would go country just because he is recording the album in Tennessee:rolleyes:

Personally, I think he will go pop/rock route. but we will have to wait and see.