Options

12th Doctor to Be Revealed on Sunday 4th August? (Merged)

1313233343537»

Comments

• Options
    SlugerSluger Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    That is a big risk

Yes because they have done that before.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    'Peter' ecclestone hey?

Is it Capaldi

Rufus the dufus :D
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Good Choice
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Mr H's next door neighbour in the 1960s. Yay, I have a tenuous Dr Who connection.

Enough to impress me. :cool: :D
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I dont care if its a risk. I frankly, dont care about the kids. Im just glad for my own selfish benefit. He doesnt look like he'll be running around jumping like an excitable puppy.
  • Options
    GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    Come to think of it, Capaldi technically played a 'welsh hero' in World War Z, could that be the clue?

I was right...

Capaldi is a very brave and risky piece of casting by Moffat. It will be interesting to see if the younger audience connects with him as well as they did with Tennant and Smith.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GilaGora wrote: »
    I was right...

Capaldi is a very brave and risky piece of casting by Moffat. It will be interesting to see if the younger audience connects with him as well as they did with Tennant and Smith.

from the tweets it seems they are not happy but we all know that can change,
    im really pleased anyway that its Capaldi :)
  • Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Actor is fine if he is to do full seasons and for some years and at the end of the contact go part time like the other have done in they last year....

The Show was a mess with three out five guests having no real reason to be there.
    Liked the 5th Dr Who and B G too, but why did the BBC not make Matt Smith fly to the UK as he is still under contact and being paid by the BBC ?
    I would add also other Dr Who would be nice on top of films of co stars of the show.
    It would have been nice to see some of the public that got dressed up for the show too.
    And the BBC to put out Press that the New Dr Who will be filming soon for next year to bring a full season of 16 shows for 2014 plus xmas show to make up for the two shows ONLY made and shown this year.

Also would like to know how long he has signed up for the part and hope we have no lies like from Matt Smith that he would work for along as BBC would like him.....sick lies.
    DT also said about same too about the part until the last part time year.....

The Writers and studio crews need the BBC to book numbers of show each seasons and timings of broadcastings ahead for about five years, so that BBC world wide can carry on making money to put back into the BBC shows and all viewers to know what is going to be seen each years and get our money back in the building of the new studios in Wales by the BBC for Dr Who and others.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    The Actor is fine if he is to do full seasons and for some years and at the end of the contact go part time like the other have done in they last year....

The Show was a mess with three out five guests having no real reason to be there.
    Liked the 5th Dr Who and B G too, but why did the BBC not make Matt Smith fly to the UK as he is still under contact and being paid by the BBC ?
    I would add also other Dr Who would be nice on top of films of co stars of the show.
    It would have been nice to see some of the public that got dressed up for the show too.
    And the BBC to put out Press that the New Dr Who will be filming soon for next year to bring a full season of 16 shows for 2014 plus xmas show to make up for the two shows ONLY made and shown this year.

Also would like to know how long he has signed up for the part and hope we have no lies like from Matt Smith that he would work for along as BBC would like him.....sick lies.
    DT also said about same too about the part until the last part time year.....

The Writers and studio crews need the BBC to book numbers of show each seasons and timings of broadcastings ahead for about five years, so that BBC world wide can carry on making money to put back into the BBC shows and all viewers to know what is going to be seen each years and get our money back in the building of the new studios in Wales by the BBC for Dr Who and others.

A lot of presumptions here about how things work when in reality you know sod all. :rolleyes:

Yes, it would be great if everything was smooth and the world was perfect. But it isn't.
  • Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Third Peter to play the Doctor and 5th Actor to have name starting with a P.....?
    1. William Hartnell (1963-1966)

2. Patrick Troughton (1966-1969)

3. Jon Pertwee (1970-1974)

4. Tom Baker (1974-1981)

5. Peter Davison - (1982-1984)

6. Colin Baker (1984-1986)

7. Sylvester McCoy (1987-1996)( many years break )

8. Paul McGann (1996)(9 year break)

9. Christopher Eccleston (2005)

10. David Tennant (2005-2010)

11. Matt Smith (2010 - 2013)

12. Peter Capaldi (2013 - ) ( what has signed for ??? )

Peter Cushing, OBE ( two Dr Who Films 1965 & 66 )
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    did they say on sky news that Peter Capaldi would make his first appearance as the doctor in november¿