Helicopter crashes into pub in Glasgow

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Isn't it time this woman was sacked from her job? Insensitive cow. :mad:

Sadly the broadcasters give her air time because she is controversial.

She was on The Wright Stuff last week spouting her rubbish.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the problem... It seems that going on TV to say deliberately "controversial" things is her job these days.

The more rude and ridiculous she gets, the more shows want her on for an appearance :mad:
  • Options
    Sirius CSirius C Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    I have just been watching the news on BBC and it basically just took up a 10 minute segment?

I mean surely it was a horrific incident but does it really deserve that much "airtime"? Slightly surprised as (i hope this doesn't come across as insensitive) the casualty list wasn't as big as some other national and international aviation disasters that have barely made the news the last few months (two spring to mind; the Kazan aircraft tragedy last month that killed 65 and wasn't even mentioned on daily news and the military helicopter that crashed in the Middle East that killed British and American soldiers)

RIP to all those involved :(

I'm from Glasgow, occasionally drink there, had a friend there last night (thankfully, she was unhurt), but I'm inclined to agree that national (UK) media coverage has been over the top. I watched from around 2300-0030 last night and learned more from twitter and Facebook.

The news outlets just hashed out cliches and speculation. At one point they speculated if hospitals would be prepared and such like. In Scotland's biggest city I am pretty sure NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde have contingencies for much larger incidents than this. Then the politicians waded in for their condolences.

Note as I'm criticising politicians I'm not referring to Jim Murphy, who seemingly went into the pub to help out. Twitter responses are just fake PR driven garbage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Lol oh dear. :D

Looks like you are the only person here tonight who found it funny. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear - those lunatics of Westboro Baptist Church have blamed it on gay marriage:
    http://www.newnownext.com/westboro-baptist-church-blames-gay-marriage-for-scotland-helicopter-crash/11/2013/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Does she have a job? I thought she just got aired on This Morning every couple of months to shout her fat gob off.

Bring her up here, her life expectancy would be far shorter than the average punter walking down Sauchiehall Street
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear - those lunatics of Westboro Baptist Church have blamed it on gay marriage:
    http://www.newnownext.com/westboro-baptist-church-blames-gay-marriage-for-scotland-helicopter-crash/11/2013/

They blame everything on gay marriage though. :o
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please lets not turn this into a gay thread there's enough of that boring rubbish on this site.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    :eek:

She's got a death wish.

Not to mention she is also incapable of actually reading, the link posted seems to say 76.3 years not 59.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Looks like you are the only person here tonight who found it funny. :confused:

So sue me.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? There are jokes on this thread?
  • Options
    Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed there are, they get outraged by what some posh bint says on a social website, can you believe that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

I wasn't really making a joke, just what Id like to see happen to Katie Hopkins

But Im assuming you weren't talking about me. Ive seen a few people trying to be funny on here, theyre obviously slightly ignorant of the situation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morven McPherson ‏@MorvenMcPherson 3m
    Police confirm body of a 48yo man has been recovered from #helicopter crash scene at #Clutha Vaults Pub, named as Gary Arthur from Paisley.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morven McPherson ‏@MorvenMcPherson 3m
    Police confirm body of a 48yo man has been recovered from #helicopter crash scene at #Clutha Vaults Pub, named as Gary Arthur from Paisley.

SFA tweeting that he is the dad of one of the Celtic ladies team. Very sad.
  • Options
    mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daily mail naming one of the officers killed as PC Kirsty Nelis. Apparently her brother is in the fire service and was one of the first on scene
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/406866559681167360

Not a direct comment about what happened, but distasteful and ill-timed none the less.

She just signed off the end of her TV career with that one.Good stuff.
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    I have just been watching the news on BBC and it basically just took up a 10 minute segment?

I mean surely it was a horrific incident but does it really deserve that much "airtime"? Slightly surprised as (i hope this doesn't come across as insensitive) the casualty list wasn't as big as some other national and international aviation disasters that have barely made the news the last few months (two spring to mind; the Kazan aircraft tragedy last month that killed 65 and wasn't even mentioned on daily news and the military helicopter that crashed in the Middle East that killed British and American soldiers)

RIP to all those involved :(

I'm not from Scotland (although my best mate is from Glasgow), but I expect the reason why it's struck such a chord with so many people (and so why the media think it's 'worthy' of extra attention) is because most of us can imagine how easily it could have been one of us. I have never flown before and have certainly never been aboard a military helicopter, but I can readily relate to the idea of sitting around in a pub listening to a band.

The night before last, the police helicopter was right above our house in Bristol. I always feel uncomfortable when these things are overhead and am used to my lot laughingly treating these feelings as paranoia, but the copter did not sound at all right to me that night and so I was even more unnerved when I realised the entire family downstairs had gone out into the garden and was looking up to see why this copter sounded so strange. It flew off around that time, but I think more people are unsettled by police helicopters overhead than they let on most of the time. I was stunned when I saw what had happened in Scotland to people just out for a beer, and I think 'There but for the grace of God...' is definitely driving much of the interest in this tragedy.

I hope those who made it heal quickly, and that the end was quick for those who didn't. I also hope that the people calling for the immediate release of fatality numbers to the general public are never in the position of those who did have to be informed first, and are now wishing with all their hearts that they did not have to be in this 'privileged' position.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly the broadcasters give her air time because she is controversial.

She was on The Wright Stuff last week spouting her rubbish.

Argh, the Hopkins woman? I said this last night she's non-marmite, you either hate her or hate her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drinker cheated death when he popped out for a cigarette

William Bell, 52, saw the helicopter plunge into the Clutha bar - but fears his pal Mark is dead

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/glasgow-helicopter-crash-drinker-cheated-2871020#ixzz2mAogbFMc
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Argh, the Hopkins woman? I said this last night she's non-marmite, you either hate her or hate her.

I try not to give her any 'mind time' by not recognising her existence in the first place.

As soon as I see her on a TV show I turn over.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try not to give her any 'mind time' by not recognising her existence in the first place.

As soon as I see her on a TV show I turn over.

I know, I missed the whole of the Wright Stuff last week when I saw she was on.

Some of the posts in here are truly humbling, I feel dreadful for all those close to it.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    these police helicopters they're around here as well but they track problems from the air- so it would make sense it would be around a pub monitoring. Wonder how it crashed though.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/406866559681167360

Not a direct comment about what happened, but distasteful and ill-timed none the less.

Not defending her (I can;t stnad the woman) but is it really her as she doesn't have the blue twitter tick?:confused: