Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    SoapyMcSoapSoapyMcSoap Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    Well, whaddya know? We have a chef just arrived on the Street and (I just can't believe the guy's luck!) The Bistro is looking for a new chef! What are the chances?

Also, who in their right mind would carry on down the street with a big, drunk, abusive, violent and vengeful man in close pursuit, right up to their front door and then open it, expecting the harasser to just stand back and let them enter alone? Why didn't Leanne, the silly cow, go to the pub or shop or knock on someone else's door? Or shout?

Exactly. I kept thinking wouldn't you walk into somewhere where you would get help!
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Is Dan a man with a plan? What does he think will happen at the end of the siege? He hasn't said anything about what he wants out of it.

I kept wondering that. He repeated I'm going to ruin you life, bla bla, then sat on a chair behind the door. What now.. :D
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ivory Lace wrote: »
    Has Beth had Botox? I thought her face looked different last night.

She could have done with some to smooth out her beer belly - she looked a real porker for the side.

Or spend some money on a gym membership.:)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Dan a man with a plan? What does he think will happen at the end of the siege? He hasn't said anything about what he wants out of it.

No. He's gone all Jim McDonald and will be in the big house with him shortly. So he will. ;-)
    She could have done with some to smooth out her beer belly - she looked a real porker for the side.

Or spend some money on a gym membership.:)

So did Liz McDonald. Suppose that's why she had that big shirt on to cover up!
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the Gail scene ...

Apart from the embarrassingly bad "I am woman" acting ... why would you hit a tap with a hammer - and how badly did she act that?:(

Her acting gets worse by the minute.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been really funny if curly simon and told dan not to call his mam a prozzy and nutted him in the nads

Does dan know simon is Leanne's step son. Finding out your step mum was on the game is a bit different to finding out your biological mum was, even worse that your the result of the prostitution. It should make little difference to Simon.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »

Apart from the embarrassingly bad "I am woman" acting ... why would you hit a tap with a hammer - and how badly did she act that?:(

Yep, the "simpering Gail" routine is becoming very annoying. They've effectively ruined the character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'll notice that they had him as drunk throughout the scene. It's the only way they could explain him behaving so erratically.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Michael came round to fix the tap, Gail then goes upstairs to have a bath. Why? Surely just putting on some dry clothes would have been enough, and she must've been away for ages, as her hair was all blow dryed when she came downstairs:confused:
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    No. He's gone all Jim McDonald and will be in the big house with him shortly. So he will. ;-)

So did Liz McDonald. Suppose that's why she had that big shirt on to cover up!

I thought that Michelle looked a bit tubby from the same angle and I wondered if she was pregnant. Age seems to be the only way you can tell who is preggers or not - but then that old dear was supposed to have had a miscarriage. All very confusing for mere males.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Michelle looked a bit tubby from the same angle and I wondered if she was pregnant. Age seems to be the only way you can tell who is preggers or not - but then that old dear was supposed to have had a miscarriage. All very confusing for mere males.

Didn't notice Michelle but on Corrie only Beth Tinker can be seen to be tubby as Michelle and Liz are fabulous, shaggable, feisty woman. Hence the comment last week about something being opened or the light comes on more times than Beth Tinker's fridge. Corrie would never take the pee out of their golden girls. For example we'd never hear a comment about something being up and down more than Liz McDonald's knickers. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »

Wasn't that meant to be the comic relief and a contrast to the riveting, high drama in Leanne's flat? :o

Anyway, whatever it was, it was pitiful. Helen Worth must wonder what on earth has happened to Corrie and must yearn for the days of Ivy and the Tilsley family when she actually did some proper acting.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that meant to be the comic relief and a contrast to the riveting, high drama in Leanne's flat? :o

Anyway, whatever it was, it was pitiful. Helen Worth must wonder what on earth has happened to Corrie and must yearn for the days of Ivy and the Tilsley family when she actually did some proper acting.

Of course! Silly me. Trouble was. yes. the Gail scene was pitiful and the "high drama" had more comedy content.
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big SOR with Leanne acting like she just discovered that Si has school holidays. And whoops, she's got a full time job at the Bistro that seems to open at 8am, with people wanting glasses of wine for breakfast.
    Si is right about her somewhat. She is his sole carer, yet chooses a job as a manager in a Bistro where she is required to work most afternoons and evenings late into the night.
    Also, she came back to The Bistro as the all powerful, oh so capable manageress...changing the decor drastically, deciding on new menus etc. However, now we see her wobbling her bottom lip terrified to ask if Nick will give her some time off to spend with Si, because oops he's on his school holidays, AND as manageress she has 'forgotten' that they needed to hire a new chef and she was doing the interviews. Simon's Gran has just died and his dad has pissed off to Antigua having had everyone pat on him the back and said that's great news Peter off you go, leave your unfortunate brat here to be brought up by Emily and Liz in their spare time. At this point Zeedan is the only decent role model Simon has.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't notice Michelle but on Corrie only Beth Tinker can be seen to be tubby as Michelle and Liz are fabulous, shaggable, feisty woman. Hence the comment last week about something being opened or the light comes on more times than Beth Tinker's fridge. Corrie would never take the pee out of their golden girls. For example we'd never hear a comment about something being up and down more than Liz McDonald's knickers. :o:D

So true, and furthermore we get cringe comments from the likes of Lloyd about how any man "would be crazy not to go to bed with Liz McDonald" *barf*
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was that rubbish phone scene about last night. Dan asks Simon for his phone, he says he doesn't have it and then one second later it falls out of his pocket.... Who leaves their phone hanging out of their pocket? Almost as bad as a couple of weeks ago when Michelle dropped that key in the builder's yard. Does anyone in corrie think that this is convincing believable stuff?
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz complaining that she didn't expect to be single again so soon.

Those five minutes between sharing a bed with Tony to Dan must have been really lonely for poor Liz.
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liz is 'fabulous, shaggable and feisty' - surely not - 'pantomime dame' more like.
  • Options
    Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    What was that rubbish phone scene about last night. Dan asks Simon for his phone, he says he doesn't have it and then one second later it falls out of his pocket.... Who leaves their phone hanging out of their pocket? Almost as bad as a couple of weeks ago when Michelle dropped that key in the builder's yard. Does anyone in corrie think that this is convincing believable stuff?

I think Simon was trying to put the phone into his pocket when he dropped it.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Michael came round to fix the tap, Gail then goes upstairs to have a bath. Why? Surely just putting on some dry clothes would have been enough, and she must've been away for ages, as her hair was all blow dryed when she came downstairs:confused:

And logically, if Michael had been fixing the kitchen tap properly, then he would have had to turn the water off at the mains (in fact he did this when he came in) which would have meant Gail wouldn’t have been able to run a bath! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Liz complaining that she didn't expect to be single again so soon.

Those five minutes between sharing a bed with Tony to Dan must have been really lonely for poor Liz.

Indeed. Poor Liz. How long has she been without a man now and how long before she's embarrassing herself by dragging her next victim through the bar and up the stairs? :o

kikka wrote: »
    Liz is 'fabulous, shaggable and feisty' - surely not - 'pantomime dame' more like.

How dare you sully the name of the goddess that is Elizabeth McDonald. Liz McDonald, along with Michelle Connor are THE fabulous, shaggable and feisty women of the Rovers Return. Men are lusting and salivating for miles in and around Weatherfield and any man would be lucky to have them! ;-)
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: Noticed this at the time and wondered why they'd singled her out for this quip?
    Then we see the slightly porky profile when she was talking to Tracey, so I'm wondering if, just possibly, they might be working up to an amazing storyline where Beth is expecting but doesn't realise....? (NB: Not a spoiler, as I am making this up! But putting as a spoiler just in case! ;) )
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And logically, if Michael had been fixing the kitchen tap properly, then he would have had to turn the water off at the mains (in fact he did this when he came in) which would have meant Gail wouldn’t have been able to run a bath! :D

That's right, never thought of that:D She never said she was going for a bath when she was grinning like an idiot at the bottom of the stairs, it was him who said that he'd tidied up while she was in was in the bath.:confused: Honestly, it just keep getting sillier and sillier.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that Liz and Simon managed to escape so quickly out the flat.

From memory, Dan locked the door and put the key on the kitchen worktop. They just seemed to run at the door, open it and escape!!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    You'll notice that they had him as drunk throughout the scene. It's the only way they could explain him behaving so erratically.

I didn't see him as being drunk, just a bit deranged. Also, didn't he drive up just as he saw Leanne?
    Makson wrote: »
    So true, and furthermore we get cringe comments from the likes of Lloyd about how any man "would be crazy not to go to bed with Liz McDonald" *barf*

Well, Lloyd's in a position to know. Or has that been completely forgotten?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see him as being drunk, just a bit deranged. Also, didn't he drive up just as he saw Leanne?

He was definitely drunk. In his first encounter with Leanne on the street, he was slightly unsteady on his feet and slurring his words (the implication must be that he drove the car while drunk).
This discussion has been closed.