What do you all think so far?

Comments

• Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    It's Ok so far, I've seen worse!!
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shite, as with everything MissFrench has been in.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like it - makes me pleased to see that other people have a "big drawer" full of stuff...
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it too. Two people just talking shit, reminds me of my husband and me. :D
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Sheer utter crud. :(
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should be on BBC3.......................:yawn:
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what utter crap, 2 boring people talking shit.. who wrote this shit needs a reality check..:yawn::yawn:
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    should be on BBC3.......................:yawn:

should be left in the cutting room, never to be seen ever again
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    I like it too. Two people just talking shit, reminds me of my husband and me. :D

I said the same about me and my fella...i always say...what did you have for lunch..lol
  • Over By Yer!Over By Yer! Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful! ... A big disappointment!
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I laughed at a few bits, but only because they reminded me of my life, I think.

Was shocked at the end when I realised it was Alfred Molina, i thought it was that bloke out of the Bill, he played Don Beech?
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% shite!
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was very disappointed tbh. Some of it was well observed (e.g. the panic about being put on the phone without warning) but I'd be hard pushed to remember anything that was actually funny. Doubt I'll watch again.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    oldhag wrote: »
    100% shite!

Was it ever going to be anything else though? I mean the trailer hardly filled me with excitement: "Put some glasses on. Oh, you look Norwegian..."

Oh my aching sides...
  • OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Dreadful. What the hell was a good actor like Alfred Molina thinking of when he took this gig on?? Also the picture quality was as dull as dishwater, which at least matched the standard of the script. After a tedious Jo Brand hospital comedy last night, we can go for a trifecta of trash on Monday with Simon Amstell's new programme. Who is commissioning all this rubbish? At least Mongrels on BBC3 is funny but has had little publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Oakwood wrote: »
    Dreadful. What the hell was a good actor like Alfred Molina thinking of when he took this gig on??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dqm3WNB4b4:rolleyes:
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with this is mainly the format itself. If you're gonna restrict yourself to just two characters talking to each other in (more or less) the same location for a whole half hour then you're setting yourself a steep challenge to keep the audience amused without getting bored. Alan Bennett can pull off this kind of thing, but I'd say he's in the minority.

Somethng like, say, Rev isn't exactly packed with laugh-out-loud moments either, but it still works because there's enough variety in the characters and situations to keep it moving along anyway. The Royle Family is fixed to one location too, but at least they keep moving people in and out of it. This has nothing like that to fall back on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Very Disappointed! Turned it off just 6 minutes into the show! Never done that before...oh..yes I did..with ITVs Demons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    Very Disappointed! Turned it off just 6 minutes into the show! Never done that before...oh..yes I did..with ITVs Demons

I liked demons! but this., well. I lasted about the same amount of time but I may have another go at it, just to be charitable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oakwood wrote: »
    Also the picture quality was as dull as dishwater, which at least matched the standard of the script. After a tedious Jo Brand hospital comedy last night, .
    Seriously?! Getting On was pretty much perfect-I certainly laughed as much on a second viewing as when it was first shown last year.
    Still you'll be pleased to know that My Family is still on: apparently it's a laugh a minute ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Liked the idea of this but the script just wasn't funny enough. Some of it was nicely observed, and it was well-acted by French and Molina, but I doubt I'll be tuning in again.
  • StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    So disappointed in this, was really looking forward to it. Stuck it out for the whole episode but wont be watching it again.
    It should have been better, with Alfred Molina and even Dawn French who is usually good in things that don't involve Jennifer Saunder imo.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it.

Not exactly laugh out loud but I found myself giggling in quite a few places - mostly when I was reminded of my o/h and I (The big drawer, smell the hall, Val looking on horrified as Roger makes an arse of himself on the phone :o)

Also, I might be looking into it too much, but Roger and Val have no children, just a niece and nephew - so why did they have that little wooden chair in the garage? Was it left over from when their niece/nephew was young or is it something that will be explored in later episodes?

Oh, and the scene where Val described her colleague's collection of 'lovely coats' to a bemused Roger reminded me of some of the nonsense my o/h comes out with. :D
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it.
    Also, I might be looking into it too much, but Roger and Val have no children, just a niece and nephew - so why did they have that little wooden chair in the garage? Was it left over from when their niece/nephew was young or is it something that will be explored in later episodes?

I was wandering that as well. Like many other posters I thought it was well observed in places, but just not funny. I also think Molina and French overplayed it a bit at points. I think I'll tune in again, but I can see why BBC2 have delayed this from its original transmission date in January.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit hit and miss but in the main quite enjoyed it ....might be a grower...