Options

Am i the only one that thinks......(EastEnders) *May Contain Spoiler*

dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
Forum Member
David should die?

I love David Wicks to bits and Michael is a fantastic actor. During last years crap he was one of few that made the show exciting but I feel death is the only way he would leave Carol or carol would leave him.

I think it would be fitting to the character and we could possibly have a small scene of Pat while he passes away.

If DTC does kill him off I for one will see why and think it was the right choice.

Should David Die? 119 votes

Yes
26%
olivejJamieHTmarius1[Deleted User]dan2008Lizzie Brookes[Deleted User]cat's whiskasdoormouse1jimbo23demented yoyoKmc1978Dan-BevisICON111[Deleted User][Deleted User]JustAruntiggy123Kenkennedykennedeco96 32 votes
No
65%
Pete CallanjeanojLennieHit Em Up StyleB*witchedhaphashvaldsajanKarri_elly001Digital SidSunny Blloys-strachanSara Webboleary_91lotty27[Deleted User]Yoshi FanStranded1012345rikstan87 78 votes
Unsure
7%
[Deleted User][Deleted User]ArthurJBear[Deleted User]BenllechLiquidizer[Deleted User]guestofseth[Deleted User] 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed or fake it and catch up with Janine off screen
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No! Obviously they can't continue the Carol/David merry go round but after Pat I'd be well pissed and I'm not even that fond of him!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    No
    Yes :(>:(:cry:
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What???? He's off again (Michael French) - ffs!! >:( so hot for an older man, will miss seeing his face ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Leeah wrote: »
    What???? He's off again (Michael French) - ffs!! >:( so hot for an older man, will miss seeing his face ;-)
    Is he? :o:p
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It would be tragic; David's finally become the best person he could be and was about to wed his childhood sweetheart, and then he dies.

Poor Carol - she'd have expected to be the one who could die first too.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    No
    I don't think David should die, he's a great character even if he is a cad!

I think the door should be left open for a return.

Hopefully if he does survive he will revise his diet and stop stuffing his face all the time!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I see what you mean OP but I just don't think they should kill him off! :(
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think carol will leave with David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I see what you mean OP but I just don't think they should kill him off! :(
    I do but I don't.
    I am thinking more about How would he leave Carol. Why would he leave Carol with everything she has been through.

Why would Carol leave David after he's had an Heart attack and will Michael want to return again.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure
    Quite unsure when I think about it.

Because if he did run off again, it would be a waste of his integration back into the square and a future return would just see a repeat.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nope, it's not just you. I think they should kill him off too.

We already know Michael French is leaving again and with everything Carol & David have been through to have him just walk out on her again would be stupid. The only way I can see their relationship ending now is if one of them dies.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't want David to die, also I don't think dtc will kill him off.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    No
    No. I'd understand why they did it dramatically speaking (especially if French has said this is it for sure) and maybe wonder if originally he was slated to die when Janine ran him over at Christmas. But I really don't want David to die. Although I know his running away from family (esp Carol) when it gets tough is getting old it is part of his character so realistic and he is a character that can always come back and has a life even away from Albert Square. Just knowing he is out there somewhere. French may say no now but he could live and be working for another 30 years and change his mind.

Some characters the only believable way out is death but that isn't the case with David.

I do get why they'd kill him off unexpectedly though and a huge shock and I increasingly think that is what is going to happen. It might also explain Ian being pushed even closer to the edge over the next week.

I still think it would be a longterm mistaks though.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    No I dont want David to die but it is looking increasingly likely unless him and Carol go away together, lets be honest she has had a lot of screen time and must be due a break, or David leaves to go and spend time with Janine. Surely DTC wouldnt kill him off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure
    Love David Wicks, a classic Eastenders character, gutted he is leaving again. Not sure about killing him off, I suppose it would a cruel twist of faith he dies just as he has become a family man about to marry his childhood sweetheart. His constant eating in every scene was obviously a red flag to the heart attack. Whatever happens David Wicks is a legend !
  • Options
    swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Maybe he will die and we will get to see him going off with Pat's ghost?
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    No. David shouldn't die for the sake of a retconned romance that was anything but when described in the 90's. I seriously doubt David will die and I look forward to his next stint whenever that is, hopefully with Carol nowhere to be seen. She ruined this stint and the last one. I'd love to have seen more scenes with other characters besides Carol and her family.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    I don't think he will die but I wouldn't be angry if he did, it would have been a decision Michael French and DTC made together, he wouldn't do what Kirkwood did to Pat. I think either him dying or him and Carol both realising it can't work between them would be a good exit for him.

One problem with him dying though is Janine, she would not miss his funeral not after what happened before she left, so they would have had to get Charlie Brooks back for an episode or two which might not have been possible.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I said no purely because the mortality rate of Eastenders is getting a bit ridiculous as of late.

I would HATE it if he left Carol again, that would just ruin any chance of them as a couple being in any way remotely redeemable. So if Michael French is going to leave, I would say kill him off for the sake of him leaving Carol again being utterly ridiculous.

While Michael French is pretty amazing, it isn't like David is an EE legend. The show can afford to kill him off and it wouldn't really be a waste like it was with Pat.

I am sort of conflicted with the situation, I would like him and Carol to live happily ever after but obviously Michael French doesn't want to stay in EE so that isn't possible. On the other hand, ridiculous mortality rate on the square and Ian Beales family as well.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore David Wicks and love Michael French as an actor, but I don't think there is much keeping him on the show at the moment. However, I don't think he should die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think he's gonna slip into a coma until French decides he wants to return. I don't think he'll run out on Carol again, and I don't think we'll get another death so soon after Lucy.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    No
    I think it's highly unlikely that we will die. Absolutely nothing in next week's spoilers even implies that he may die.
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's going to be that Carol and him decide it can't work. She will have thought about some things whilst waiting in the car eg she will never trust him. Bianca might now tell her about Nicki before they find him, was he just going to get the record to do anything to subconsciously miss the wedding? All that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    No
    I don't want him to die but I don't want him to keep running off then coming back again either.