Options

Bradley Walsh/Len Goodman/Farmfoods Ad

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
First off I don't believe either of them shop at Farmfoods. Though of course having Kerry Katona, Katie Price or Kym Marsh wouldn't encourage anyone other than the JK watchers to shop there, and they want to aim "higher" I suppose is the advertisers' thinking.

Did Len Goodman get taken off because Strictly Come Dancing isn't on the telly at the moment and he is not that relevant?

Does Len Goodman and his accent and screwed up smirky face annoy anyone else? Amazing how they picked two celebs both with faces like pickled walnuts to do this advert.

Does anyone actually buy stuff from Farmfoods? I've never been in the same as Iceland. Am I missing out?

Comments

• Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First off I don't believe either of them shop at Farmfoods. Though of course having Kerry Katona, Katie Price or Kym Marsh wouldn't encourage anyone other than the JK watchers to shop there, and they want to aim "higher" I suppose is the advertisers' thinking.

Did Len Goodman get taken off because Strictly Come Dancing isn't on the telly at the moment and he is not that relevant?

Does Len Goodman and his accent and screwed up smirky face annoy anyone else? Amazing how they picked two celebs both with faces like pickled walnuts to do this advert.

Does anyone actually buy stuff from Farmfoods? I've never been in the same as Iceland. Am I missing out?

who cares :cool: ... what % of celebs do you reckon actually use the products/services they promote?

and yes, it appears as though folk do buy stuff from farmfoods which must be doing something right as it's been around for decades.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10884747/Farmfoods-profits-plunge-as-staff-numbers-soar.html
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Never seen these ads even though every now and then there are threads on here complaining about them. Two current ones.

Celebs get paid to advertise products. Don't take them all at face value.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Ricky Tomlinson!
  • Options
    NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Don't forget Ricky Tomlinson!

And Tarby, must be a popular shop with scousers :D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the rules state that if a personality is endorsing a product he/she has to state they use it. Whether they are asked to prove that is another matter.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's Bradley, wheeling out his trolley full of bargains. He doesn't earn very much, so he likes to buy cheap food, don't ya know?
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    There's Bradley, wheeling out his trolley full of bargains. He doesn't earn very much, so he likes to buy cheap food, don't ya know?

Well he did give up Law and Order for Suntrap. The guy might need to reduce his food budget. ;-)
  • Options
    Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never even heard of Farmfoods! Maybe their ad isn't shown in the London TV area?

I feel out of the loop :(
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who cares :cool: ... what % of celebs do you reckon actually use the products/services they promote?

I know. :D
    As if Holly Willoughby and Davina McCall and Claudia Schiffer buy a box of hair dye at the supermarket like the rest of us and dye their own hair.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never even heard of Farmfoods! Maybe their ad isn't shown in the London TV area?

I feel out of the loop :(

Maybe they can't afford premises in London. :)
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I believe the rules state that if a personality is endorsing a product he/she has to state they use it. Whether they are asked to prove that is another matter.

Which rules ? :confused:
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

even 'if' such rules exist, what form do they take? no more than a tick box on a form i'd bet. or are we saying a private investigator is hired to follow the celeb over x weeks/months to ensure they actually go in to the shop and/or use the product they've been paid to promote.

aye RIGHT :cool:
  • Options
    jalfrezijalfrezi Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who have never seen the ad ..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjX3A4xBPg
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Which rules ? :confused:

I think some people get confused and think that any celebrity in an advert must use the product/store/service they are advertsing in. This is Bulls**t and no rule exists.

However there are rules to stop deception, so a celebrity cannot say they use a product/store/service unless they actually do, however the advert can be filmed in such a way to heavily suggest that the celebrity does use what they are advertising.

Too be honest I can't think of any advert in the last 15 years or so that has a celebrity verbally state they use the product they are advertsing so this deception rule doesn't crop up. The closest I can think of is the old Davina McCall hair dye ads, but I reckon these were on the very edge of being acceptable as in these adverts McCall was 'acting' (usually a call to her mother or friends) so didn't actually make a statement directly claiming she did use the hair dye.
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the big question is who is going to take over from bradley walsh when he has finished his run,my money is on paddy mcguinness.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Never seen these ads even though every now and then there are threads on here complaining about them. Two current ones.

Celebs get paid to advertise products. Don't take them all at face value.

What amuses me is when a 'celeb' whose voice I recognise is advertising some insurance firm, and they say 'we;' as in 'we can help sort it out' kind of thing.

As if they work for the insurance company.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Farmfoods is ok for some things. Branded products mostly. I'd be wary of their own stuff though.

I'm a bit of a food snob. Sainsburys do lovely cheese and onion crispbakes. Farmfoods do their own so I got some.

They were crap! So regardless of who is bigging it up I think I'll pass on that shop thanks!
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Bradley does shop in Farmfoods, I saw him in there the other night.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »

was he buying six packs of bacon for a tenner?
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »

I've seen Lenny Henry in a Premier Inn - well, to be honest, it was a life-size cardboard cut-out of him.
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Are you sure it wasn't really him acting?
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Vorderman did a Farmfoods ad back in 2007. I think it was their first 'celeb' advert and was very low budget.
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Vorderman did a Farmfoods ad back in 2007. I think it was their first 'celeb' advert and was very low budget.

I can beat that. Back in the mid and late 1990's Farmfoods had Rangers player Ally McCoist as their celebrity star. Although I think this was before Farmfoods went nation, back then they were mostly based in Scotland and throughout the north of England.
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the big question is who is going to take over from bradley walsh when he has finished his run,my money is on paddy mcguinness.

Well he was the face of greggs for a while so he fits the bill. My money's on an ex benidorm actor.