HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching this. anybody else?

Comments

• Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    How disgustingly racist and xenophobic they all are.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scum all round, not surprised tbh
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How disgustingly racist and xenophobic they all are.

Yes but there is some truth in recent immigrants getting housing before Brits.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Couldn't this guy could have got a very cheap room for the night, had he not spent his money on cigarettes?
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they understand the concept of workers just having to follow rules, they seem to think the person on the other side of the desk has a lot more power than they have. I used to work in a benefits office and it was hard to have to tell people they weren't entitled to any money, I often felt very sorry for them but in the end rules are rules.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, she can piss right off. Refusing a property because it's on the 2nd floor? Get lost.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Take the flat and then try to exchange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was disgusting they let a 61 yo man continue sleeping on the street. Saying that can't his kids give him their sofa?
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Sorry, she can piss right off. Refusing a property because it's on the 2nd floor? Get lost.

I'm angry watching this. So bloody ungrateful and all that rolling of eyes like society owes her. There are people who would kill for that flat such as poor Gordon.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Yes but there is some truth in recent immigrants getting housing before Brits.

Well the man with the stats who knows more than any of us or the tabloids and their wild exaggerations said from his own mouth that 95% of the houses go to British people.
  • Options
    Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, they're showing bunch of people with very strong sense of entitlement. Frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mybelle wrote: »
    I'm angry watching this. So bloody ungrateful and all that rolling of eyes like society owes her. There are people who would kill for that flat such as poor Gordon.

Yes, I feel sorry for Gordon. I can't imagine not having a home of any kind at all, no matter where it would be or what like. When my husband and I were first married we lived in a pretty grotty furnished house, so damp there was fungus growing inside the windows, and then one day the living room ceiling fell in on top of us! But it was still somewhere to live, we weren't homeless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the man with the stats who knows more than any of us or the tabloids and their wild exaggerations said from his own mouth that 95% of the houses go to British people.

Whilst I'm sure it's nothing like what is reported I doubt it's 95%.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if Emma is using the height thing as an excuse but it is inexcusable for the council to offer her a flat and say if she refuses it she is making her self homeless.

Rolleyes

She's accepting it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an extremely rude woman who doesn't deserve the help she's been given.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna_W wrote: »
    Again, they're showing bunch of people with very strong sense of entitlement. Frustrating.

True. Second series and we are still not getting tips on how to get a council house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    She's an extremely rude woman who doesn't deserve the help she's been given.

Only if she is lying about the height thing.

Other wise the council are bastewards for doing that to her.
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Oh, so she'll now go and view it now she can't get her own way. I'd laugh if they say sorry but the offer is now withdrawn because she's been so rude. Pathetic saying she'll kill herself if she doesn't get what she wants. Such a childish thing to say. I'd be tempted to say "off you go then".
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't fancy yer man serving my fries heheh
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Emma is a disgusting trog who has just thrown a tantrum because she didn't get her own way. She did say earlier 'I'm going to get what I deserve', well she certainly did that.

The homeless Romanian guy has just started work at McDonalds. Thats so nice that he is going to be handling and selling food after a night on the streets, how good is his personal hygiene going to be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if she is lying about the height thing.

Other wise the council are bastewards for doing that to her.

But they weren't doing anything to her other than offering her a flat where she could live with her kids and her dog. If she hadn't been allowed to take the dog, that would've been different, I wouldn't expect anyone to get rid of their pet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    But they weren't doing anything to her other than offering her a flat where she could live with her kids and her dog. If she hadn't been allowed to take the dog, that would've been different, I wouldn't expect anyone to get rid of their pet.

If she was genuinely afraid of heights it would be cruel and unkind to move her to a high rise flat.

I have been in her position and told them I couldn't move but they made me move.

I had a 4 year fight to be moved again and it cost the council more in the end to house me in a B&B and keep my old flat open than it would have done to move me properly.

rolleyes

The place is flea ridden anyway.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Wouldn't fancy yer man serving my fries heheh

Just what I thought. Yuck! I would have thought Macdonalds with all their wealth might have some sort of scheme to assist people who are struggling to find accommodation.
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I am sure the fleas aren't too happy that they are going to have to share that flat with Emma. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stupid couple don't understand what clean is. rolleyes