Madonna is wrong!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why it may be construed that money talks and I do, to some extent, agree.
    In Madonna's case I do feel, however, that it is a positive move. Little Mercy is in an orphanage in Malawi, with no hopes for an affluent or promising future, no education, a life expectancy of 48 years.
    Yes, she is being taken from her cultural homeland and this may be seen as a negative. But being adopted by Madonna - and what child wouldn't want to be? - will ensure that she has an excellent childhood with the best education money can buy, probably college, a good marriage and a future she could only otherwise dream of, as could many of us and, most importantly, a longer life expectancy.
    She is from the same country as David Banda, and that in itself shows that Madonna is taking steps to ensure that both children are kept in touch with their roots.
    Madonna is using some of her hard earned money to help those worse off than herself. Should this not be admired, whatever her reason for doing it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't just help the families then, so they don't have to give away their kids?!? Heck, she could help an entire village, probably the whole bloody country with the money she has, so leave the kids where they belong and help them that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is interesting because when I began a thread supporting Madonna's decision to adopt, there was tons of negative posts! I am not a fan of hers at all, but I believe she is doing a good thing adopting children wherever she is getting them from, it doesn't matter what country a poor child who needs a home come from, does it?

Having said that, the OP here is right to be critical of someone trying to go around the system. Even Angelina Jolie herself has said, it shouldn't be done like that but we won't get into her on this thread. The money and power trip should not be applied in some cases.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    If Madonna (or any other celebrity for that matter) is so eager to adopt children why does she have to go to Malawi to get one? Surely there are plenty of kids here in the UK or The States that desperately need adoption.

And furthermore, why is it every time she goes 'shopping for a baby' she has to take a plane full of journalist out there with her?
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had Madonna's money, I'd adopt every single child. The looks on their faces seeing this very rich woman plucking another child into a fairy-tale lifestyle is heartbreaking. You would have to have a complete heart of stone not to feel affected by the looks on their faces:cry:
    I have no opinion really of Madonna adopting Mercy.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had Madonna's money, I'd adopt every single child. The looks on their faces seeing this very rich woman plucking another child into a fairy-tale lifestyle is heartbreaking. You would have to have a complete heart of stone not to feel affected by the looks on their faces:cry:
    I have no opinion really of Madonna adopting Mercy.

If you had Madonna's money, you could help all of them without removing a single one from their families and culture. :(
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    If you had Madonna's money, you could help all of them without removing a single one from their families and culture. :(

Gosh, I didn't mean it to sound so bad.
    No, I'd just give that amount of money for all families to live a comfortable and decent way, with prospects and dignity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, I didn't mean it to sound so bad.
    No, I'd just give that amount of money for all families to live a comfortable and decent way, with prospects and dignity.

LOL, I read it like you were Angelina Jolie on acid. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    I think Madonna has been given enough breaks...how do you think she got successful? By being nice and deeply spiritual? Or stepping over everyone to get where she wanted? Now...she's manipulating this adoption because she wants what she wants.....how can you defend her?

There is a Grandmother that wants this child....now would you give your child or Grandchild away that easily? She's not doing it the right way but her fans defend any ego driven things she does...maybe she should reread the Kaballah...I was reading it last night...she needs a refresher course

She also took her other child David from his loving father too. He was simply too poor to care for him, and misses him dearly :( Isn't it enough he lost his wife? :sleep: Sadness.

What is with these celebs, they've got bored at being the first and only ones to snatch at limited edt designer handbags.
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    I think Madonna has been given enough breaks...how do you think she got successful? By being nice and deeply spiritual? Or stepping over everyone to get where she wanted? Now...she's manipulating this adoption because she wants what she wants.....how can you defend her?

There is a Grandmother that wants this child....now would you give your child or Grandchild away that easily? She's not doing it the right way but her fans defend any ego driven things she does...maybe she should reread the Kaballah...I was reading it last night...she needs a refresher course

So why for the love of god is this child in an orphanage if the grandmother wants her???????????

I think the truth will come out once Mercy is at home with Madonna - same as it did when David came home with Madonna!
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getupandgo wrote: »
    She also took her other child David from his loving father too. He was simply too poor to care for him, and misses him dearly :( Isn't it enough he lost his wife? :sleep: Sadness.

What is with these celebs, they've got bored at being the first and only ones to snatch at limited edt designer handbags.

What a load of mince! Davids father has remarried and has another child who is NOT in an orphanage! So why was David?!

Davids father has said publicly that he glad David has been adopted by Madonna! Jeez - look at the photos and reports today of David being reunited with his biological Dad!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats wrong with giving a future to some kid who currently has none, its only a shame that more people who has the ability to do this wont.

I agree with what she is doing as long as the kid has no relatives, a 100% orphan ( I know its not nice to say )

If I had the cash, I would be the first in the queue

g
    yes i agree, if she can give an orphan that has no loved ones who can care for them abetter life then whats wrong with that? But its when shes taking kids that arent orphans away that i dont think its right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madwumin wrote: »
    What a load of mince! Davids father has remarried and has another child who is NOT in an orphanage! So why was David?!

Davids father has said publicly that he glad David has been adopted by Madonna! Jeez - look at the photos and reports today of David being reunited with his biological Dad!!!!!!!!!!!

Because his mother had died? Because two of his brothers had already died and his father didn't feel he could keep him alive and healthy on his own?

In Malawi a child who has lost just one parent is called an orphan because it is so difficult for a single parent to earn enough money to feed their children alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2353025.ece

There's the story...she got her new kid and though I don't approve of Angelina's child collecting....the kids she adopts have no siblings or living relatives that are known....so there is a difference..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I also think you need to take a step back and ask yourself, how many people have the money to go donating large amounts to build schools and healthy care facilities. It's not that we aren't bothering, just that we haven't got the money to do the same.

To be honest with you I think that that is Bull Sh**. Anyone one of us could help make other peoples lives better regardless of whether we donate 1.00 or 1 Mil on a regular basis, let alone all that people could do for free, i.e. volunteering (and I mean on a regular basis).

Listen regardless of what she was trying to do she is never going to win as she is Madonna. She has never tried to get the public to generally accept her.

All I would say to everyone is...before you make a post critiscing her ask what you have done yourself to make a positive change to strangers lives?
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting thread.

Seems that the focus on 'mothering' is to do with money, providing a luxurious lifestyle, private education etc - which no doubt Madonna can offer in abundance. But IMHO that does not necessarily make her an 'ideal' adoptive mother.

Just wonder how much actual 'mothering' Madonna actually does do? No doubt she has a barrage of excellently trained nannies who do a good percentage of the day to day mothering (e.g. wiping snotty noses, making lunch, cuddling, comforting after bad dreams, taking and collecting from school etc.) - so to praise Madonna as being a "brilliant mother" is slightly insulting to the millions of ordinary women who actually are brilliant mothers and do the lot every day - 24 hours a day.

Surely a perfect adoptive mother would be one who provides a totally stable environment for the child - and is the one absolute constant in their life - is always there and does the mundane stuff in the child's life as well as the exotic and exciting?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Adopting a couple of children from Malawi is not the way to solve the problem that she seems to be trying to address - but who am I (and we, in my opinion) to question a mother who wants to provide a stable environment for a child who may otherwise die in poverty?

It's ludicrous to assume that we know anything about the way Madonna mothers her children. All we see is what we're shown. We can guess based on what we see as her lifestyle, sure, but that's tailored by the media surely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    amytonight wrote: »
    Adopting a couple of children from Malawi is not the way to solve the problem that she seems to be trying to address - but who am I (and we, in my opinion) to question a mother who wants to provide a stable environment for a child who may otherwise die in poverty?

It's ludicrous to assume that we know anything about the way Madonna mothers her children. All we see is what we're shown. We can guess based on what we see as her lifestyle, sure, but that's tailored by the media surely.

And surely that is a full stop in this!!! A brilliant thought out and intelligient point of view :)
  • max_dbmax_db Posts: 3,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why she doesn't just have kids of her own before its too late and granny pants can't have them any more. Make alot more sense!!!
  • EMLEML Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    If Madonna (or any other celebrity for that matter) is so eager to adopt children why does she have to go to Malawi to get one? Surely there are plenty of kids here in the UK or The States that desperately need adoption.

Do you know anyone who has adopted children in the UK? It is the most long-winded, intrusive and soul-destroying exercise. We first applied to adopt over 3 years ago and have only just been matched with a child... only for the legal system to kick-in and delay everything by at least another 5 months because the birth mother has caused a fuss! Yes, there are children in the UK who need adopting, and I understand the need to be thorough, but the 'system' makes it almost impossible to actually find 'forever families' for these children. If I had Madonna's money and resources, I'd go ANYWHERE that I thought there was a child who needed us.

I'm not a particular Madonna fan, I neither like or loathe the woman, but on a personal level I can understand her motives ... good luck to her and I wish her expanding family well.