Options

ANTM 18 - speculation/spoilers

javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone else heard about cycle 18? I've only seen this mentioned on this site.

Basically apparently the next cycle will be
a US vs UK
cycle.

The little article linked above says that guests were invited to attend the opening thingy for it.
My thoughts are it'll be very weird... and I mean from all to choose from, the Aus girls would be a better shout compared to the UK girls. I take it it will also be new people and not another AS type cast with previous contestants. Although it says some past runner ups were involved?

So yeah, I'm not sure if its totally true, but why would someone go to the hassle to create the 'event' if its false... Anyone elses thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    it's true and it's girls that have featured on the UK show in the past.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Now that cycle 18 is on the horizon, I can't help but think that I can hardly ever stand most of the UK girls. :o I sometimes end up hoping no-one wins.

The last couple of cycles have been a major improvement though, but before that - YEEEEEEESH!!!

I'd feel embarrassed with them representing the UK to our US counterparts.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A while ago, I saw the list of the girls, and it's not looking pretty. I can't remember which ones exactly but:
    Ashley and Sophie from Cycle 5 are back, as is Louise from Cycle 3, one of the Stefanie's and maybe Annaleese?
  • Options
    Aatif1992Aatif1992 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    A while ago, I saw the list of the girls, and it's not looking pretty. I can't remember which ones exactly but:
    Ashley and Sophie from Cycle 5 are back, as is Louise from Cycle 3, one of the Stefanie's and maybe Annaleese?

No way. Seriously? They could have some of the strongest girls from BNTM but Tyra went for them? I think its more for entertainment value to be honest.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I don't get why it's previous UK girls competing against new, fresh US girls. Hardly seems fair, to both sides - the UK girls have gone through the stress before but are going to be slightly older, while the US girls will be new to the experience but will have much more enthusiasm.
    Like a UK girl will really win this thing. :rolleyes:

Not to get all glum, but I feel that my ANTM obsession is coming to an end, prompted by the rather poor All-Stars season. The line-up was unimpressive, each episode was an unfocussed mess, and the final was a confusing farce where we might not have got the intended winner.

For the first time I'm feeling very disinterested in any future cycles, especially since Tyra said that there won't be any more 'normal' cycles. Meaning there's always going to be some agenda in mind, especially when it comes to the winner (I don't think I can stand it coming across as MORE biased than it already does).

At least if I set my expectations at rock bottom then I won't be disappointed. ;)
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how you feel! It's really frustrating, because the show seemed to be raising it's game so much in Cycle 15 and even 16 to a point, but since then it's fallen back into the mess it was. Though hit or miss, the Allstar season was fun enough, but I really wish they had pulled out all the stops for Cycle 18.

Doing this season now is just illogical anyway. They could have capitalized on casting this season so much more than they have. Instead of finding potential contestants for two cycles to air in 2011, they only had to find one and could have created an absolutely bitching cast, but instead, they haven't and have pulled together half a cast of new girls.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I don't know if we should just start a US pace cycle 18 thread or just continue here.

But the start date is the 29th Feb and the British girls are:

Name: Louise [Watts, of cycle 3]
    Name: Jasmia [Robinson, of cycle 2]
    Name: Annaliese [Dayes, of cycle 5]
    Name: Catherine [Thomas, of cycle 4]
    Name: Sophie [Sumner, of cycle 5]
    Name: Ashley [Brown of cycle 5]
    Name: Alisha [White, of cycle 6]

I've generally strayed away from BNTM since after cycle 4 and giving up on new cycles after a episode or two so don't really have much of an idea on these girls.

But it seems a bit pointless to have older girls vs younger US girls :rolleyes: Knowing Tyra she'll make it a competition between the two with the obvious side likely to win.

This link has the US girls aswell. No individual photos yet that I've came across.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I didn't know there was a spoiler thread
    Louise quits in episode 3 after drama goes down at panel

Episode 3 photoshoot - http://www.rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=2711077&postcount=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 4 Photoshoot - Couture Hats + Vintage Cars
    http://rtvgames.com/showpost.php?p=2726335&postcount=1

I definitely think Call-Out should be
    1) Catherine
    2) Sophie
    3) Laura
    4) Eboni
    5) Annaleise
    6) Kyle (She looks like Dominique wtf :eek:)
    7) AzMarie
    8) Alisha
    9) Ashley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 5 - Maple Syrup
    http://rtvgames.com/showthread.php?p=2740819#post2740819
    Alisha, Eboni, Laura look fantastic! Bottom 2 looks like Ashley & Seymone/Kyle
  • Options
    Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen some spoilers online for the next episode and I have to say I was like :eek: at who is going home.

How do you put up spoilers so I can say who it is.