Options

Lauren and Ladyboys

PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
Forum Member
I'm not sure if anyone on here has seen the programmes about Thai Ladyboys?

They have far more of a struggle than Lauren who seems to be making such a big deal of her sex change.

People may not like Lauren for many different reasons which will have nothing to do with her sexuality.

Lauren is a very damaged individual who needs to settle into a 'normal' life' and by normal I mean a life she can function in rather than using this as a crusade.

I initially supported Lauren I'm now over it.

Anyone who hasn't watched the Ladyboys programme I would recommend it as it's very informative regarding male to female gender reassignment.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you can pass judgement on who has had a 'struggle'. I should think that being a child star who was exposed as a complete fake was a poor start to Lauren's life, and that being a high-profile transgender woman who is widely derided for her appearence and manner has not been easy either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you can pass judgement on who has had a 'struggle'. I should think that being a child star who was exposed as a complete fake was a poor start to Lauren's life, and that being a high-profile transgender woman who is widely derided for her appearence and manner has not been easy either.

I never said it was easy.

Anyone can see that Lauren's issues are far deeper than her sexuality.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean Wonkeydonkey........I have watched Ladyboys and think that some of them look really lovely........and one programme I saw they had a beauty pageant.......I think the surgeons have been very clever and from what we can see of them, you would not believe they were once boys......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lived in Thailand, met loads of Ladyboys, none of whom had a 'struggle'. They call the Ladyboys there the 'thirdsex', they are accepted into society and you'll find them working in all kinds of jobs. I met many ladyboys who worked in retail. they are not, as that rubbish documentary showed, all from the north of Thailand, working as prostitutes etc etc.

Don't believe everything you see on TV.

Any issues or 'struggles' shown on that documentary could relate to any person in Thailand, regardless of gender.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise but I can't help but read the original post and some of those in support...as if they were written by a 9 year old schoolboy!

It's my problem! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Skepticism wrote: »
    I lived in Thailand, met loads of Ladyboys, none of whom had a 'struggle'. They call the Ladyboys there the 'thirdsex', they are accepted into society and you'll find them working in all kinds of jobs. I met many ladyboys who worked in retail. they are not, as that rubbish documentary showed, all from the north of Thailand, working as prostitutes etc etc.

Don't believe everything you see on TV.

Any issues or 'struggles' shown on that documentary could relate to any person in Thailand, regardless of gender.

You are completely right. Obviously different people have different situations but as a whole being transgender is more accepted in society there then here.
    One of my best friends is transgender and you wouldn't believe the abuse she gets on a daily Basis. She can't leave the house without something happening and she lives in London! God knows what it's like for Laura in Wales.
    I went to Thailand with her for surgery and I couldn't believe how welcoming they were. It truly wasnt a big deal to them. She said it was the safest she has ever felt.
    Don't undermine Laura's struggle. She must have such a tough life. I find the way she completely Embraces being a women even on natanal tv inspiring.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure many transgendered people in Thailand struggle, just as I'm sure many don't struggle. I think it depends entirely on the individual. Same would apply throughout the world. It is certain for many reasons Lauren has not found her life very easy or straight forward. Her 2 failed suicide attempts would back this up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if anyone on here has seen the programmes about Thai Ladyboys?

They have far more of a struggle than Lauren who seems to be making such a big deal of her sex change.

People may not like Lauren for many different reasons which will have nothing to do with her sexuality.

Lauren is a very damaged individual who needs to settle into a 'normal' life' and by normal I mean a life she can function in rather than using this as a crusade.

I initially supported Lauren I'm now over it.

Anyone who hasn't watched the Ladyboys programme I would recommend it as it's very informative regarding male to female gender reassignment.

Well I'm sure it's nice you enioy watching ladyboys. You could read the article about people breaking into Lauren's house and attacking her over her sex change and then ask yourself if she's had a hard time or not?
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure many transgendered people in Thailand struggle, just as I'm sure many don't struggle. I think it depends entirely on the individual. Same would apply throughout the world. It is certain for many reasons Lauren has not found her life very easy or straight forward. Her 2 failed suicide attempts would back this up.

Yes indeed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How funny that people post don't believe all you see on TV are doing just that with Lauren.

I will reiterate that her problems are bigger than the sex change and she is very damaged.

I believe that Lauren's finances for gender reassignment was done in associations with Max Clifford.

I doubt that those in Thailand have Max Clifford in their world.

I know several people who have had the operation and don't have the hassle that Lauren has had so I completely stand by my post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How funny that people post don't believe all you see on TV are doing just that with Lauren.

I will reiterate that her problems are bigger than the sex change and she is very damaged.

I believe that Lauren's finances for gender reassignment was done in associations with Max Clifford.

I doubt that those in Thailand have Max Clifford in their world.

I know several people who have had the operation and don't have the hassle that Lauren has had so I completely stand by my post.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Please show us evidence of Max Clifford paying for her surgery.I don't believe this for a moment. Even if true, what difference does it make?

Transgender folk suffer discrimination and ridicule on a daily basis here in the UK. In Thailand it's accepted, despite lame attempts by that ridiculous Sky documentary saying otherwise.

What are Lauren's 'problems' that you describe? That she's not like you doesn't mean she's 'different'. In fact, she's just like you in the sense that we are ALL different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren seems very unhappy and needs to grow up.

In Thailand, the culture is very different. Ladyboys have more status and it is more socially acceptable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tegan1973 wrote: »
    Lauren seems very unhappy and needs to grow up.

In Thailand, the culture is very different. Ladyboys have more status and it is more socially acceptable.

I find the whole concept of ladyboys fascinating I can see what they mean when they talk about it being the 3rd sex.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are Lauren's 'problems' that you describe? That she's not like you doesn't mean she's 'different'. In fact, she's just like you in the sense that we are ALL different.
    A grown woman who lives with a mother and father who make a living based upon false diplomas and credentials, as does Lauren herself;
    A mother who was Lauren's psych during her gender reassignment, a mother who isn't even qualified.
    A family who all live together and exclude everybody else from their lives - Lauren hasn't any friends, she says so herself.
    A desperate desire to be liked and accepted - which she thinks will come from acceptance within the media, when really she needs acceptance within her life. A pushy family who have made plenty a penny from Lauren's story - pre- and post-gender reassignment.
    A belief that she deserves and has the the talent to be a success within the media, firmly upheld and encouraged by her delusional family.
    A complete lack of any life beyond the four walls in which she lives with her family.

My own opinions and observations, obviously, from watching YouTubes not just of her and her family in Little Lady Fauntleroy, but other interviews, articles, and information available to read and watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Please show us evidence of Max Clifford paying for her surgery.I don't believe this for a moment. Even if true, what difference does it make?

Transgender folk suffer discrimination and ridicule on a daily basis here in the UK. In Thailand it's accepted, despite lame attempts by that ridiculous Sky documentary saying otherwise.

I did not say he paid for it please read what I wrote.

The fact his job is publicity is what makes the difference.

Of course this is my opinion as always!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the whole concept of ladyboys fascinating I can see what they mean when they talk about it being the 3rd sex.

Me too. Ladyboys look so comfortable in their own skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    A grown woman who lives with a mother and father who make a living based upon false diplomas and credentials, as does Lauren herself;
    A mother who was Lauren's psych during her gender reassignment, a mother who isn't even qualified.
    A family who all live together and exclude everybody else from their lives - Lauren hasn't any friends, she says so herself.
    A desperate desire to be liked and accepted - which she thinks will come from acceptance within the media, when really she needs acceptance within her life. A pushy family who have made plenty a penny from Lauren's story - pre- and post-gender reassignment.
    A belief that she deserves and has the the talent to be a success within the media, firmly upheld and encouraged by her delusional family.
    A complete lack of any life beyond the four walls in which she lives with her family.

My own opinions and observations, obviously, from watching YouTubes not just of her and her family in Little Lady Fauntleroy, but other interviews, articles, and information available to read and watch.

I agree. The best thing that Lauren could do is to move away from home, open up her life to other people and get a job. She is doing herself no favours wrapped in cotton wool, living with mum and dad like a child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title of this thread sounds like a film.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a very good summary. But I wonder about a couple of the things you listed.

(1) How much money would they have made (net) from Lauren's story? She isn't in the media all that often, and there must be expenses as well, at least ordinary life things such as food and clothing.

(2) I don't think it's just her family that upholds and encourages the belief that she deserves and has the the talent to be a success within the media: parts of the media do it to, not least the parts that make Big Brother.

I thought it was a positive development when they stopped having her on BOTS (or whatever the show was called when she was last on) and didn't select her as a housemate when she was campaigning to be picked.

But now I wonder whether BB was just waiting until opposition faded. If so, the tactic seems to have worked: she's one of the most popular HMs this series. But whether it's good for Lauren in the longer term is not so clear. It's unlikely to lead to the sort of opportunities she seems to want so much.

But isn't Lauren 'high profile' largely by choice?
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said it was easy.

Anyone can see that Lauren's issues are far deeper than her sexuality.

Lauren doesn't have problems with her sexuality. You are confusing sexuality with gender which is very ignorant.
  • Options
    Mrs MouseMrs Mouse Posts: 30
    Forum Member

A complete lack of any life beyond the four walls in which she lives with her family......

According to Lauren's facebook page she has been attending college,so not a complete lack of life outside the home.

Lauren Harries
    9 April
    Hi, hope you are all well. I am working hard studying for my art exam in June. That swine Cameron put all exams forward. What are we going to do about him. He will enjoy the pompous funeral Thatcher the milk snathcher will get. Next time there is an election please vote for anyone except him, he is an idiot, worse ever. Could Adam adzfactor please message me on FB I am having trouble signing in to my twitter account. Love you Lauren Harries xxxxx

Lauren Harries
    11 April via Twitter
    I mis with people in dire straits at college, Cameron is destroying them.

Lauren Harries
    2 January via Twitter
    Preparing for night out lauren Harries http://t.co/l9GWWFmh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Lauren doesn't have problems with her sexuality. You are confusing sexuality with gender which is very ignorant.

Back to personal attacks! :yawn:

Is there no way some people can't point out an error without name calling or is that to much to ask? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to personal attacks! :yawn:

Is there no way some people can't point out an error without name calling or is that to much to ask? :rolleyes:

There's no personal attacks I was just pointing out Lauren doesn't have a problem with her sexuality and its her gender witch was the problem.