Options

Interstellar (2014)

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
A new film by Christopher Nolan... still no idea of what the plot about...

teaser trailer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827FNDpQWrQ

Comments

• Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice. Friends and I have been making bets on how the plot might turn out. I've been thinking a hybrid of Frequency, Gattaca, and Voices of a Distant Star. The trailer suggests I may be wrong. Hah. Am looking forward to the film.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how Nolan's gotten away with releasing a teaser trailer that contains only a few seconds of actual footage from the film. So typical of him.

Definitely looking forward to seeing it. Just wish it wasn't such a long wait still.
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see Matt Damon not even being credited! I knew he had a minimal role, but surely he could have been the 'with' to Michael Caine's 'and'?
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    From The Telegraph:
    A sci-fi drama, the plot chronicles the adventures of a group of scientist explorers who use newly discovered wormholes to travel through different dimensions and cover vast distances in order to bring back food to their dying planet.

Nolan extended and edited the screenplay originally written by his brother, Jonathan. It is inspired by the work of theoretical physicist Kip Thorne.

Bit of a cop-out using old footage that way, but a nice mood to it, and I liked the snatch of music.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see Matt Damon not even being credited! I knew he had a minimal role, but surely he could have been the 'with' to Michael Caine's 'and'?

Probably no more than a one scene/cameo role for Matt Damon.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a cop-out using old footage that way, but a nice mood to it, and I liked the snatch of music.

That's because it's a teaser trailer, not a full trailer. Nolan doesn't like giving much away in advance, and it is another year until the film is released...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    That's because it's a teaser trailer, not a full trailer. Nolan doesn't like giving much away in advance, and it is another year until the film is released...
    I am aware of all this, but it's still a cop-out.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It's always interesting seeing Nolan's new stuff. Plus, this has been filmed in proper IMAX film(for some sequences).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how it's a cop out at all...

The trailer is about how we've lost the hunger for exploration and triumph over the odds. Which I presume is what it will essentially be about.
  • Options
    Egg slicerEgg slicer Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait for this, just love a good space/time travel film...

Read one of the original scripts for this last night, this will be a truly epic film, really don't think we have to worry about a Prometheus type flop this time.

If anyone is interested and has a few hours to burn here it is...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/186682938/Interstellar-Script#fullscreen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cannnot wait for this, just love a good time/space travel film.

Read one of the earlier scripts for this last night, this is going to be truly epic, no Prometheus let down this time.

For anyone interested with a few hours to burn...

• Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Egg slicer wrote: »
    Cannnot wait for this, just love a good time/space travel film.

Read one of the earlier scripts for this last night, this is going to be truly epic, no Prometheus let down this time.

For anyone interested with a few hours to burn...

I remember reading this a few years ago when Steven Spielberg was still attached to the project. Even though the scrip will have obviously been drafted and re-drafted, you still get a Spielbergian vibe from the teaser trailer.

Can't wait for the finished product, it's probably my most anticipated film for the rest of the year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember reading this a few years ago when Steven Spielberg was still attached to the project. Even though the scrip will have obviously been drafted and re-drafted, you still get a Spielbergian vibe from the teaser trailer.

Can't wait for the finished product, it's probably my most anticipated film for the rest of the year.

Same here, by a long way, pity we have to wait so long :cry:.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hopefully Nolan will have dropped some of its hokier touches - and that sentimental claptrap with the watch.

Still a very interesting script though, even if I did guess the probe revelation early on. Liked the planet stuff a lot - reminded me of the old BBC radio classic Journey into Space, which was wonderful.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on twotter:
    It's official: The new trailer is attached to GODZILLA and it runs 2 minutes and 54 seconds.