Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India_Rain wrote: »
    I think that's incredibly unfair to single out someone on here. It takes a lot for people to put their experiences on here, especially ones which don't fit in with how other people can comprehend reality. I know Doll Feet and I know how much it took for her to share some of her experiences (and, by the way, she is one of the most genuine, honest people I know). Just because they don't fit in on your spectrum of what could happen - you don't have to mock them, or make someone out to be story telling. It seems that only certain "creepiest things" are accepted in your mind. Everyone on this thread has a right to post their own experiences - from things which can be explained, to things which can't. It is that person's personal truth.

If you don't believe in something, someone has written here, then just ignore it. To open others to ridicule, on a thread where people have very bravely written their truth (even if they don't understand what it is that has happened), is the reason why a lot don't bother sharing their own experiences (myself included). If I told everyone certain things I had experienced, you would also label me as being "outlandish" and "ludicrous". I don't have the courage to do so, but please respect those who do. If you can't comprehend a certain experience, that's fine - but I know that Doll Feet's posts have had meaning for a few people, who have had similar things happen to them - but are too scared to speak out, because they feel isolated and that nobody will believe them.

All posts on this thread are worthy of being here and none are "undermining" anyone else's. The only "undermining" I see is from you, ironically. And, whilst the mocking of some goes on - fewer people will want to post their experiences, for fear of being accused of making things up, just because their reality doesn't match someone else's. And I think that is such a shame.

Incidentally, people who write stories that read more like a supernatural fan fiction, are outlandish and are immensely unlikely to be true, put me off posting any weird things that I can't quite explain (but most likely have a logical explanation).

It does devalue the thread and I don't think there is anything wrong with someone basically saying "hey, if you're going to use the thread as amateur fiction fodder, at least make it in some way believable".

Some of the stuff *is* outlandish, especially when they have had more experiences than a season of XFiles... So while he maybe shouldn't have named who he was thinking about, the statement is still true; and talking about "other people's realities" doesn't help your argument. Language like that devalues everything you've said in your post.
  • Options
    India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Incidentally, people who write stories that read more like a supernatural fan fiction, are outlandish and are immensely unlikely to be true, put me off posting any weird things that I can't quite explain (but most likely have a logical explanation).

It does devalue the thread and I don't think there is anything wrong with someone basically saying "hey, if you're going to use the thread as amateur fiction fodder, at least make it in some way believable".

Some of the stuff *is* outlandish, especially when they have had more experiences than a season of XFiles... So while he maybe shouldn't have named who he was thinking about, the statement is still true; and talking about "other people's realities" doesn't help your argument. Language like that devalues everything you've said in your post.

You assume it's story telling. I keep an open mind and don't judge people, or assume they are making things up. I've had enough weird stuff happen in my life, which I can't explain (not for want of trying), so I tend to take people at face value if they say things have happened to them also.
    What I'm saying is, that if it has happened to someone - that is their reality. It may not be someone else's, or something someone else can comprehend, if it hasn't happened to them. I don't see how that devalues everything I've said.

I also don't see how someone's experiences devalue the thread. Everyone can write about things that have happened to them - whether it's about some creepy guy, or something that none of us are capable of understanding. They are all valid and should be treated as such.

And no, he shouldn't have named someone. That's really unfair to get personal.

Anyway, back to the thread .......
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facepalm wrote: »
    I've enjoyed this thread (both parts) and have probably spent hours reading its creepy posts in the early hours of the morning. The creepiness factor defintely came from the fact these posts felt real and sometimes had a logical and scientific explanation, and sometimes didn't. Some were just weird coincidences, some were just strange encounters with people, some were ghostly encounters that can't be explained...whatever it was, it felt like real stories by real people.

But I feel posters (such as Doll Feet) are undermining this thread. He/she has apparently travelled back in time to visit a cafe; saw a creature randomly in the street on another dimensional plane and another incident I cannot remember. There was a mention of Satanist boyfriend in another post too. All of these events are extraordinary events that defy the laws of physics and the universe as we know them- how likely is it that all of them are true? I don't mean to offend, but I just find it ludicrous to believe. His/her stories are too perfect, too creepy, too extraordinary compared to the other posts on this thread. I feel like those type of posts undermine other posts on the thread- ones that are small, slightly unusual and odd stories that are believable, and therefore creepier. Posts about time travelling and dimensional plains are crossing into horror story/conspiracy theories territory. I've seen a couple of Doll Feet's posts, where there's references to Shadow People and such- which can be considered as some "out there" beliefs. This is just my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

As for my creepy experiences? Like many others, I've had that thing of sensing someone was going to die before it happened- most notably, my father's death. On the drive to the hospital where I'd found out he was dead, I saw a father and his young son in the street and began crying for some reason. Other people I know have had a similar experience, in that they sense someone is going to die just before they do. And I once saw a white, bright tornado like...thing in a field when I was kid during the drive home from a restaurant at night. That was odd. But that's about it. I'm afraid my stories don't include time travel or creatures from a science-fiction novel, and are explainable to a certain degree.

But I find the seemingly common phenomenon of sensing someone's death much more interesting, creepy and strange than some of the more outlandish stories...

The whole point of this thread is that people can post their experiences without being ridiculed, and for the large part that's what happened. It's always a shame when posters such as yourself single out those people who've been brave enough to share their experiences and accuse them of making it up. Doll Feet has never claimed to have gone back in time, and actually the experience she had of the cafe that wasn't actually there is a fairly common one and there are many people who've experienced something similar. Indeed I have myself, there may be a scientific explanation for this that we don't yet know about but I can well believe what happened to her did happen.

Singling one person out smacks of bullying to me. What's so say anyone in this thread is telling the truth, we could all be making this stuff up but I prefer to keep an open mind and trust that people are being honest.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I don't want to derail the thread any further, but we are all capable of deciding for ourselves whether an anecdote posted here is unbelievable. Singling out one person and stating they're fabricating everything isn't very helpful.

That's why the various experiences are creepy, because there IS no rational explanation for certain happenings. It doesn't mean it's all the result of an overactive imagination and a work of fiction.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, the inexplicable both fascinates and frightens me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Pay no notice Doll Feet, I like reading your posts, whether true or not, and Im not one to judge either way. It beats the other BS on many other threads anyway
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Exactly, HW, a good tale is intriguing whether true or not, beats the living daylights out of the garden trolls stirring up rubbish to wind folk up!
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll cut to the bottom line - I don't have a problem with anybody choosing to put me on ignore in order to avoid reading further posts. Just so you know.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    India_Rain wrote: »
    I think that's incredibly unfair to single out someone on here. It takes a lot for people to put their experiences on here, especially ones which don't fit in with how other people can comprehend reality. I know Doll Feet and I know how much it took for her to share some of her experiences (and, by the way, she is one of the most genuine, honest people I know). Just because they don't fit in on your spectrum of what could happen - you don't have to mock them, or make someone out to be story telling. It seems that only certain "creepiest things" are accepted in your mind. Everyone on this thread has a right to post their own experiences - from things which can be explained, to things which can't. It is that person's personal truth.

If you don't believe in something, someone has written here, then just ignore it. For some, it may be the first time they have ever shared with anyone else, something that they don't understand. To open others to ridicule, on a thread where people have very bravely written their truth (even if they don't understand what it is that has happened), is the reason why a lot don't bother sharing their own experiences (myself included). If I told everyone certain things I had experienced, you would also label me as being "outlandish" and "ludicrous". I don't have the courage to do so, but please respect those who do. If you can't comprehend a certain experience, that's fine - but I know that Doll Feet's posts have had meaning for a few people, who have had similar things happen to them - but are too scared to speak out, because they feel isolated and that nobody will believe them.

All posts on this thread are worthy of being here and none are "undermining" anyone else's. The only "undermining" I see is from you, ironically. And, whilst the mocking of some goes on - fewer people will want to post their experiences, for fear of being accused of making things up, just because their reality doesn't match someone else's. And I think that is such a shame.

Very well said, India, I agree with every word. I feel the same as you in that I admire people's courage in opening up on this forum about their many strange experiences, I posted a couple of mine and thankfully I didn't get much of a reaction to them, but if I were to really tell all the weird and "creepy" things I have experienced I know for certain I would be called similar things as ludicrous and untruthful. Because i like to post on many different threads on these boards I just don't have the courage to do it for fear of ridicule, and that is why I admire Doll Feet and a few others so much for their openness and strength to be honest despite being, for want of a better word, scorned for their stories. Like you, I don't understand why if people don't believe or care for a story on this forum they just can't ignore it and move on, but singling out one poster is imo way out of order and really shouldn't be done.

I look forward to reading more of people's experiences as I have loved this thread since I first discovered it and have really appreciated the contributors' stories, whether I believe them or not :)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very well said, India, I agree with every word. I feel the same as you in that I admire people's courage in opening up on this forum about their many strange experiences, I posted a couple of mine and thankfully I didn't get much of a reaction to them, but if I were to really tell all the weird and "creepy" things I have experienced I know for certain I would be called similar things as ludicrous and untruthful. Because i like to post on many different threads on these boards I just don't have the courage to do it for fear of ridicule, and that is why I admire Doll Feet and a few others so much for their openness and strength to be honest despite being, for want of a better word, scorned for their stories. Like you, I don't understand why if people don't believe or care for a story on this forum they just can't ignore it and move on, but singling out one poster is imo way out of order and really shouldn't be done.

I look forward to reading more of people's experiences as I have loved this thread since I first discovered it and have really appreciated the contributors' stories, whether I believe them or not :)

Well said. I don't contribute to this thread for the same reasons as you. Ridicule is not necessary. I was subject to beatings and ridicule from being a small child, by my vicious mother, if I dared to talk about my "paranormal experiences". I learned to keep quiet and deal with the overwhelming fear they engendered at times, alone. I overheard my Granny talking one day about her experiences, so I took the plunge and told her. That was a turning point thank goodness. She helped me handle it from then on. It is still difficult for me to trust anyone on that level. Good luck to all on the thread. I do enjoy lurking.:)
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an out and out sceptic I would just like to say, can we get back to the stories please and save the discussion for another thread?

It worked well on part one of the thread and it would be a shame to have this one closed.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pay no notice Doll Feet, I like reading your posts, whether true or not, and Im not one to judge either way. It beats the other BS on many other threads anyway

Lol that was rather a back handed compliment.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »
    Lol that was rather a back handed compliment.:D

You can take it that way if you want, it was meant as a compliment. Im sure Doll Feet knows that, as I enjoy this thread and enjoy her posts, and up until now this post has been free from haters. I myself have added to this, whether people believe me or not doesn't bother me none, Im contributing what has happened to me as are many others.
  • Options
    SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Goodness me! We have prided ourselves on this thread for a few years on accepting what posters tell us as here own "What's the creepiest thing that's happened to you?"
    I saw a Detective the other day on the television, and he said if people are telling the truth then they cannot change their story as it is the truth. But, if people are lying, then they will change their story every time as they are trying to convince you that it is the truth.
    I think that Fixiz is mischief making, as we all came on this thread with our own experiences, without predjudice, and just wanted them taking at face value.
    That is one reason why I havn't posted all of my experiences.
    I do hope that Doll feet, and any one else for that matter, will continue with there experiences for us that bear no malice, and just accept what the other person is saying as genuine.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Doubters will be doubters . Such is life .
    This is more odd than creepy per se .Around 19/20 years ago a family friend asked me to keep tabs on her son & daughter in law & more importantly her little grand daughter, because they had moved in near me and both parents had 'issues' that made them irresponsible parents.So I'd pop in daily to keep tabs on the child . Some days I couldn't get access so I'd call the granny & she'd come along and go in & check on things because she had a key. One day I called & there was no response ,so I looked through the front window and saw little K (not yet 2 years old) toddling around naked in the most ridiculous scene imaginable . I called granny and we went in . The parents were passed out upstairs and little K had accessed the kitchen cupboards and taken a pk of flour and a pk of porridge and had thrown it all absolutely everywhere . Plus she had ripped a loaf of white bread apart . Probably ate some, but mostly it was in bits all over the place.The front room looked like a white winter wonderland . I took charge of K and granny cleared up .Just another incident soon forgotten and one of many around that time regarding little K. Sadly both parents died within months of each other not too long after that .
    K now lives with someone not of that family. Complicated stuff and irrelevant .Totally no contact over the years with any of them . But we are close still .About 6 months ago K and I were chatting about her Uni projects and she was creating a scene for a Christmas Art project and she showed me a cartoon style video she had done of a little naked child throwing flour & bread etc around a room and laughing while two horrified faces watched her through a really high window in the background . I was a bit :o since it looked SO familiar even to the distinctive arched window, and I asked where she got the idea from . She said it was a dream she'd had a few times but the child in her dream was very sad but she'd decided to make her a happy child in the video . I never told her that the child was most likely herself because I was afraid it might freak her out, and anyway K seemed content that she had made the little child happy in her video. Seems little kiddies really do store up memories . Or it might just be coincidence again .
  • Options
    FrankieThePandaFrankieThePanda Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One summer night me and my dad were walking are dog up a very old path which used to be a railroad near are house, now we did this walk every night and I loved it because it was generally creepy, dark and overgrown with the only light coming from the houses that where built around it but in the summer this light was usually blocked by the trees, anywho on this night we were walking up and I just looked behind me for some reason and when I did at the bottom of the path were we had just walked up from I saw the perfect outline of a young girl no older than 5 in what appeared to be a christening or bridesmaid outfit the crazy thing was the outline was bright white almost like it was made of light, I jokingly said to my dad (who is a non believer of ghost) 'doesn't that look like a young girl' knowing he wouldn't believe me I turned back just as he was turning around to look, the next thing I know my dad yells 'it's moving!' Then runs straight past me! I obviously turned back to see what was happening and it had gone! When my dad had calmed down I asked him what happened and he said 'yes it defiantly looked like a young girl and it zipped towards us! Not just moved, zipped!' To this day me and my dad don't know what we saw but I really wish I hadn't turned around as I would have loved to have seen how this object had moved so fast that it freaked out my dad.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    bump because i love this thread.....

My favorite stories are the real life encounters(for want of a better phrase.) flashers/stalkers/intruders/wannabe kidnappers/encounters with unsavory groups or/and individuals/future murderers etc you get the point. These stories just really creep me out,hence I love them:D
  • Options
    itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had quite a few creepy, ghostly, inexplicable things happen to me, but this creepy episode definitely involved a real person.

I was a young mum at the time and was at home one morning busying about when my doorbell went. There, on my doorstep, was a man who looked just like a grey-faced sullen undertaker character from a Charles Dickens novel. He looked me straight in the eye and said he was there for the funeral. I told him he was mistaken and that he must have the wrong house. But he just stood there and continued staring at me. 'No, ' he said, 'this is No 22 , it's definitely the right house. I'm here for the funeral.' Well that was my house number so to say I was freaked out would be a massive understatement. Thankfully it wasn't too long before I realised that several cars seemed to be coming to a halt at the house next door. So I quickly pointed it out to him and said that maybe he was meant to be there. He just turned and walked off without another word. I knew my neighbours hadn't died so assumed they must have arranged for a relative's funeral to leave from theirs. So it just turned out to be a mistake, but the fact the undertaker looked so zombie-like, kept staring at me, and insisted he was at the right place haunted me for days after.
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happened in September 1994. It was the first Saturday of the month (the 3rd IIRC - I'm good at remembering dates) and I was working my first overtime shift for the company I had started at in the April of 1993. My supervisor asked me to take the company van and pick up some brackets (or something like that) from a local engineering company which he had asked to fabricate.

It was a rather damp and drizzly day, as Autumn days tend to be, when I set off for the engineering firm which was about 4 miles away. I collected the parts and on my way back, about 2 miles from work I remember thinking to myself for no apparent reason "I wonder what they (my employer) would do if I wrote this van off?". Then I heard a voice say to me "if I was you I would put your seatbelt on" which I did immediately (I was never in the habit of putting it on I'll admit).

Literally about 20 seconds later as I approached a bend on the damp road, an Astra mark 2 come zooming towards me on the wrong side of the road and ploughed into the Maestro van I was driving.

The van was a write off despite being only 2 years old and the cockpit was really caved in, when the people at work saw it in the compound it was towed to they were amazed I'd walked away. The 3 guys in the other car were ok too, they had been to the barber in the town for haircuts as they were going out in the night.

I often think what might have been if I hadn't put my seatbelt on moments before, also about the thought I had about writing the van off not long before it happened!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    itsy bitsy wrote: »
    I've had quite a few creepy, ghostly, inexplicable things happen to me, but this creepy episode definitely involved a real person.

I was a young mum at the time and was at home one morning busying about when my doorbell went. There, on my doorstep, was a man who looked just like a grey-faced sullen undertaker character from a Charles Dickens novel. He looked me straight in the eye and said he was there for the funeral. I told him he was mistaken and that he must have the wrong house. But he just stood there and continued staring at me. 'No, ' he said, 'this is No 22 , it's definitely the right house. I'm here for the funeral.' Well that was my house number so to say I was freaked out would be a massive understatement. Thankfully it wasn't too long before I realised that several cars seemed to be coming to a halt at the house next door. So I quickly pointed it out to him and said that maybe he was meant to be there. He just turned and walked off without another word. I knew my neighbours hadn't died so assumed they must have arranged for a relative's funeral to leave from theirs. So it just turned out to be a mistake, but the fact the undertaker looked so zombie-like, kept staring at me, and insisted he was at the right place haunted me for days after.

This has really put the wind up me! How very creepy! bet you were glad it was daylight! :D
  • Options
    skinniribskinnirib Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    This experience was more unsettling at the time than creepy, but I wanted to share it.

When I was a child I slept in a bedroom facing the street. One morning, must have been in the early morning at about 4/5am, I woke up to the distant sound of stilettoed feet walking down the street towards my house. The sound got closer and closer, passed my house and continued onwards.

The weird thing was that for the next few days I would wake up at around the same time each morning and hear the same sound of stilettoed feet in the distance, walking closer, passing the house and carrying on down the street. After a couple of days I managed to freak myself out by wondering if the sound would stop outside my house, and what would I do if this happened? Therefore, for the next two or three mornings I would wake up, hear the sound of stillettos coming down the street, closer and closer, and hold my breath as they got outside my house where time seemed to stand still until the sound passed my house and carried on, and I could breathe again!
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinnirib wrote: »
    This experience was more unsettling at the time than creepy, but I wanted to share it.

When I was a child I slept in a bedroom facing the street. One morning, must have been in the early morning at about 4/5am, I woke up to the distant sound of stilettoed feet walking down the street towards my house. The sound got closer and closer, passed my house and continued onwards.

The weird thing was that for the next few days I would wake up at around the same time each morning and hear the same sound of stilettoed feet in the distance, walking closer, passing the house and carrying on down the street. After a couple of days I managed to freak myself out by wondering if the sound would stop outside my house, and what would I do if this happened? Therefore, for the next two or three mornings I would wake up, hear the sound of stillettos coming down the street, closer and closer, and hold my breath as they got outside my house where time seemed to stand still until the sound passed my house and carried on, and I could breathe again!

My god. I had the same thing outside my bedroom as a kid where I stayed until around 20. Was always around 10pm- 11pm. Every night. Used to look out but could never see anyone. This was in South London and we lived on a very quiet street.
  • Options
    skinniribskinnirib Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Picklebum wrote: »
    My god. I had the same thing outside my bedroom as a kid where I stayed until around 20. Was always around 10pm- 11pm. Every night. Used to look out but could never see anyone. This was in South London and we lived on a very quiet street.

Weird. I used to live in South London but this was in a house we moved to on the South Coast. Quiet street too, but I wasn't as brave as you, I was too scared to look out of the window!
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was 19 I was minding my business in a local branch of wh smiths, when a man can in wearing a puppet on his hand and asked me what porn I thought he and his puppet would like......