Forum Member
✭✭✭
After watching tonights E4 I absolutely despise her. Horrible character>:(

Comments

• Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the show for a good year or so, but before I stopped watching it Frankie was on the verge of going downhill - has she gotten even worse?!
  • Options
    mrchimpmrchimp Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    After watching tonights E4 I absolutely despise her. Horrible character>:(

Her, Nancy, Mercedes...most of them, to be honest. Nasty people doing nasty things for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    mrchimp wrote: »
    Her, Nancy, Mercedes...most of them, to be honest. Nasty people doing nasty things for no apparent reason.

I agree, axe them all.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't watched it, what did she do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Haven't watched it, what did she do!

Completely out of the blue started mouthing at Blessing, reminding her to use the gents loo. This escalated almost immediately (I mean, within seconds) into a cat fight that ended up with Frankie tearing her dress off, presumably exposing Blessing's lunchbox. For some reason everyone was surprised that a transgender male awaiting surgery had a knob.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched it, what did she do?

Deleted.

Above post answered question before me.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for the actors having to perform such dross.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie was absoloutely vile; who does she think she is?
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Yeah she was horrible but we can't have a show that represents all people as open-minded all the time. That would be a disservice to the audience. You need people to say the wrong things in order to know what the right things are.

We might not like it but a lot of people are that stupid. I don't think it will do anyone going through similar things to Blessing any good in the long run to have it portrayed otherwise. We can't keep censoring views and shielding audiences. Fiction is a good place to help you prepare for reality.

I don't know any transgender people, to my knowledge, I want this storyline to be informative. How am I going to be able to properley understand Blessing's struggle with half the picture?

Frankie serves a function. She's there to say ignorant things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was downright rude as opposed to ignorant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    I think she was downright rude as opposed to ignorant.

Absolutely, there's a big difference. She was being deliberately rude rather than being ignorant or lacking in understanding. It was barely removed from the homophobic bullying John Paul was put through.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it completely out of character. Coupled with the dire Ziggy/Ruby storyline they're doing a right hatchet job on Frankie.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I found it completely out of character. Coupled with the dire Ziggy/Ruby storyline they're doing a right hatchet job on Frankie.

Wasn't she homophobic when Craig came out?
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geez, she was top form in the vile bitch stakes tonight.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she homophobic when Craig came out?

She didn't believe he was gay and tried to pressure him into a relationship with Sarah IIRC (a bit like Linda with Whitney in Eastenders) because she said John Paul was coming onto him.

When Craig finally came out to them, she didn't like it but then accepted it. I don't remember anything overtly homophobic.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasn't just ignorant she was darn right rude and it made my blood boil!
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Diane Shutted out weeks back Blessing's secret all because of her being jealous and wondering why Tony was hanging with Blessing, she get the truth out of Tony, shutted out that she didn't believe Blessing secret. Thanks to Dianes big mouth everyone knows Blessing's secret, Sinead the main cause of why this happened to Blessing, putting ideas in Dianes head making her think Tony was cheating all because of Sineads pathutic revenge against her family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

I agree.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely out of the blue started mouthing at Blessing, reminding her to use the gents loo. This escalated almost immediately (I mean, within seconds) into a cat fight that ended up with Frankie tearing her dress off, presumably exposing Blessing's lunchbox. For some reason everyone was surprised that a transgender male awaiting surgery had a knob.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie was initially being ignorant with her references to Blessing confusing transvestite with transexual however her later response was in reaction to Blessing enjoying Marlena's bitchy comments. She clearly realised it had gone too far eventually. The worst person in that episode was in my opinion Sienna, her actions were deliberate and with intent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she was horrible but we can't have a show that represents all people as open-minded all the time. That would be a disservice to the audience. You need people to say the wrong things in order to know what the right things are.

We might not like it but a lot of people are that stupid. I don't think it will do anyone going through similar things to Blessing any good in the long run to have it portrayed otherwise. We can't keep censoring views and shielding audiences. Fiction is a good place to help you prepare for reality.

I don't know any transgender people, to my knowledge, I want this storyline to be informative. How am I going to be able to properley understand Blessing's struggle with half the picture?

Frankie serves a function. She's there to say ignorant things.

exactly, and she is representative of a section of the population
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mercedes has always been a bi**h, but what on earth has Nancy done
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! Frankie is part of the furniture at HO, her and Jack should never leave! If they're going to centre storylines around Darren/Nancy they should be featured more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I found her views and actions completely out of character. OK, she's been a bit of a cow at times, but nothing to suggest she was capable of the downright nastiness she exhibited tonight. It's just bad writing; they needed someone to be horrible to Blessing, and just decided to have Frankie be the one to do it, with no apparent reason.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should hang on the longer standing cast members instead of constant overhauls