Things forum members do that drive you mental?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that are rude to you because they don't agree with you opinion but then on another thread, the same person is greeing with what you have said. Very annoying!
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who talk in code.

People know you're talking in code - we might not know what about and that's probably why it annoys me ;) - but we know, ok?

Also, I will echo the "I've PM'd you". Grrrr.
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BatPie wrote: »
    DS has so few smileys though and thats nice and general and smug :D
    I'm not a big fan of smileys in general. Humankind has managed to communicate through writing for long enough without them, so why do we suddenly need them now?

Anyway, the odd row because wires have been crossed can be most entertaining.
  • benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    I really hate it, though, when people don't bother to read threads that are only a few pages long before chiming in with their opinion. If they can't be bothered to read anyone else's, then why is theirs so damn special that everyone else needs to be treated to it?

That annoys me intensely.

Baiters.

Self appointed DS members who try and moderate the forum when they have no authority.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    * People who sign all their posts with their name. We can read your username, so why sign it???!
    * People who simply post a link in their original post with NO explanation of what we are going to read or see. A link, in my opinion, should always be given with an extract.
    * When someone makes a post and then changes it to 'Delete' about a minute later. WTF is the point?!
    * The grammar police who pounce on anyone who makes a mistake.
    * People who act as though they are 'un-beatable' and know everything and thus, are better than everyone else.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That gets my goat too, we can see who you are, why remind us at the end of every post?

I'm fairly sure that is the reason they do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ponglie wrote: »
    People that are rude to you because they don't agree with you opinion but then on another thread, the same person is greeing with what you have said. Very annoying!

Do you think people should carry their grudges between threads?

If I have an argument with someone in one thread I try not to let that colour my opinion of what they might be saying in another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get annoyed with posters who seem to have an answer for everything and seem know-it-alls!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

God, how I loathe that smiley. Anyone who uses it goes down a peg or two in my estimation.

OOPS!

ustarion wrote: »
    Aficionados

don't care........... :p
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    The worst thing on DS is the little cliques that have formed.I've never seen it as bad as this on other forums I use.Certain posters seem to have "fans" that wade into a thread to provide back up.

There is no end of these cliques on DS. But I have seen it on many other forums.

Cliqueyness of a chat, daily thread on a TV programme or certain other major threads etc, and any new posters get their posts totally ignored by the cliques and regular posters, yet when you say something they disagree with, they soon reply, but with nastiness and bullying.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    People who talk in code.

Observers know you're talking in code - we might not know what about and that's probably why it annoys me ;) - but we know, ok?

Also, I will echo the "I've PM'd you". Grrrr.

... and " thanks, I've PMd you back :) " :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I hate it when someone is obviously "trolling" and yet so many people reply taking it seriously, which usually ends in an argument between the people who realise it's a joke and the people who don't.:p

And roll-eyes. I despise those roll-eys. I don't speak to people who resort to roll-eyes mid-discussion.
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonJonB wrote: »
    There's one thing I dont so much hate but it creeps me out a little. When people are discussing something in a topic, and one poster starts making references to another's personal life (family/work related matters, stuff like that), from past threads where the person has shared these details. "Aren't you the one who had another dispute with your boss about so-and-so" or "I know you said in another thread your mother is an alcoholic". Just a bit too stalkerish for me.

Yep - I find it a little creepy/stalkerish when I see that happen too, I don't remember who's posted what most of the time, and even if I did I wouldn't see fit to carry things over to a new thread.

Oh - and those who accuse others of being trolls just because they have a different opinion to theirs - that's irritating :( .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »

If I have an argument with someone in one thread I don't let that colour my opinion of what they might be saying in another.

Sorry maybe I didn't explain my self clearly. If I state that I don't like something on a thread then someone starts being rude to me for it...then go on another thread and completely agree with what they have just disagreed with me about.

I know what I mean I just dont know how to explain it.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JonJonB wrote: »
    What things do people on here do that, even though they're competely within the rules, rub you up the wrong way? etc
    I like to short it as demonstrated
    People in religious threads who simply quote the Bible instead of answering specific questions using their own brains - that really annoys me.
    You're annoyed by the Word of the Lord:confused:

I get annoyed when people demonstrate that I'm probably wrong. It's far worse than any abuse:o

I get annoyed by people who insist on their name being in capital letters:mad:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure that is the reason they do it.

Someone overlooked the irony/sarcasm in my post. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ponglie wrote: »
    Sorry maybe I didn't explain my self clearly. If I state that I don't like something on a thread then someone starts being rude to me for it...then go on another thread and completely agree with what they have just disagreed with me about.

I know what I mean I just dont know how to explain it.

Ah right, I think I see what you mean. I thought you meant threads with completely different topics. I didn't realise you meant they were then agreeing with the same thing they'd just disagreed with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    People who seem to think that the longer you've been on DS, the more authority you have to do what you please!!
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

If I have an argument with someone in one thread I try not to let that colour my opinion of what they might be saying in another.

That's relevant sometimes, I confess to having done it today. But generally I'd agree, threads are discrete discussions, rarely a need to carry over from another.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    I hate it when someone is obviously "trolling" and yet so many people reply taking it seriously, which usually ends in an argument between the people who realise it's a joke and the people who don't.:p

Trolls can be funny sometimes, though, or provoke some interesting debates.
    I don't like snipey threads-about-threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone overlooked the irony/sarcasm in my post. :D

:o:o:o:o:o:D
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Trolls usually provide the best laughs, and in any case, where exactly is the line? The LADS, for instance, and his obvious wind ups, yet Biffo the bear declared he'd bought a DIY colonic irrigation kit, did anyone actually believe him? Nobody called him a troll though, cos the joke was good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    You're annoyed by the Word of the Lord:confused:

I'm not annoyed by the word of your lord as such. In fact I couldn't care less about the word of your lord.

What annoys me is when I ask a poster a question and 'the lord' answers me. I wasn't asking 'the lord' I was asking the poster.
    Forum Member
    I hate it when certain members are nasty to you on a thread over difference of opinion yet are nice as pie to you on others.

When a member is really nasty to you and you retaliate or challenge them over their nastiness they deny it or their online "fans" say they are not being nasty.

DS members who are rude under the guise of they are just being straight talking.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Deleted!