Options

Alfie Moon

LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
Forum Member
✭✭✭
[Is it me or does Shane Ritchie deserve an award for "The Most Overacting In a Soap ?
He should go & join Sam in Ibeefa !!
I think Phil & Shirley should get married & run the Vic::D
B][/B]

Comments

• Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    disagree with the first comment

agreed with the last one :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love Alfie and Shane Ritchie playing him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Er, no.... I'm sick to bloody death of the Mitchells in the Vic. The pub belongs to the Watts, first and foremost, but after them Kat should run it....

With or without Alfie doesn't really bother me.

Richie isn't the most subtle of actors, but these are his early eps, it can take a bit of time to get in the groove. But he isn't Sir Ian McKellan, so don't expect great performances any time soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    Er, no.... I'm sick to bloody death of the Mitchells in the Vic. The pub belongs to the Watts, first and foremost, but after them Kat should run it....

With or without Alfie doesn't really bother me.

Richie isn't the most subtle of actors, but these are his early eps, it can take a bit of time to get in the groove. But he isn't Sir Ian McKellan, so don't expect great performances any time soon.

Agreed!:)
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »

n.

it would have been different with phil & shirley as a couple running it. besides its still phil's pub
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I met Alfie in real life I would be cautious of him because of the way he trys to become your best mate in the space of a few moments!
  • Options
    Mr TateMr Tate Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    So The Mitchells still own the Pub, what is the point paying a grand (every month)?
    Surely Phil has ripped off Alfie because he didn't even bother to fix it!

I thought it was a new ERA, why couldn't Kat and Alfie just buy the Pub... fed up also of The Mitchells having a hold on the place.

Shane Ritchie reminds me of Bradley Walsh (Danny Baldwin from Coronation Street)... over confident and a poor actor who is tolereated and liked due to good writing.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie is amazing. He's actually becoming one of my favourite characters. He really makes the show fun to watch and lights up every scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Tate wrote: »
    So The Mitchells still own the Pub, what is the point paying a grand (every month)?

I thought it was a new ERA, why couldn't Kat and Alfie just buy the Pub... fed up also of The Mitchells having a hold on the place.

Shane Ritchie reminds me of Bradley Walsh (Danny Baldwin from Coronation Street)... over confident and a poor actor who is tolereated and liked due to good writing.

My thoughts exactly. I actually really like the Mitchells I'm just confused as to why BK's made such a huge deal over it being a new era when nothing has actually changed, the Vic is still the Mitchells. Just seems like a bit of a cop out. They should have either; not made such a big deal over the new "era" and left it with the Mitchells OR just break the ties with the Mitchells and Vic for abit
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. I actually really like the Mitchells I'm just confused as to why BK's made such a huge deal over it being a new era when nothing has actually changed, the Vic is still the Mitchells. Just seems like a bit of a cop out. They should have either; not made such a big deal over the new "era" and left it with the Mitchells OR just break the ties with the Mitchells and Vic for abit

Peggy Mitchell
    Phil Mitchell
    Grant Mitchell
    Roxy Mitchell
    Archie Mitchell

Even Dan Sullivan (a fave of mine) and Steve Owen shared ownership of The Vic. Kat and ALfie once again run it FOR the Mitchells, The Watts will always have the edge though!

Thank God Eddie Royal broke the Mitchell trend before it was just Mitchell/Watts HAHA!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the Vic will end up in the Moon's hands soon enough. The fact Alfie has a seemly wealthy slimeball of a second cousin in Michael will come into play at some point
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Alfie is amazing. He's actually becoming one of my favourite characters. He really makes the show fun to watch and lights up every scene.

ditto
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member

They should break their ties with it for good. The Mitchells have had it long enough. They're not defined by that pub. Kat and Alfie work much better behind the bar than any of the Mitchells now left on the Square and they will be running it so why not just let them buy the Vic and finish with the Mitchell reign altogether. This leasing thing doesn't sit well with me.
  • Options
    Ederrin gracieEderrin gracie Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    could some1 tell me why alfie is renting the vic from phil when roxy sold it to peggy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    could some1 tell me why alfie is renting the vic from phil when roxy sold it to peggy?

Peggy Mitchell GAVE the Pub back to Phil Mitchell when she left and gave nothing to Sam Mitchell, then Roxy Mitchell gave Shirley Carter money so that Phil could buy The Arches back of Pat Evans.

So now he is LEASEING the pub to Kat and Alfie Moon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peggy Mitchell GAVE the Pub back to Phil Mitchell when she left and gave nothing to Sam Mitchell, then Roxy Mitchell gave Shirley Carter money so that Phil could buy The Arches back of Pat Evans.

:Dmeee maaawwww im the sam police.... LOL peggy actually gave sam her jewellery and told her to do what she liked with it.... pawn it or whatever. LOL sorry felt the need to pitch that in there:D
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good post...especialy regarding the damn Mitchells still owning the Vic outright:yawn:

Can't stand Alfie though; but he and Kat come as a pair, sadly
  • Options
    Ederrin gracieEderrin gracie Posts: 433
    Forum Member

Oh thanks so let me get this straight, peggy gave her alcoholic son who had just had a stint with crack the pub before parting the square? kirkwood needs to sack who ever the head writer is WOW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :Dmeee maaawwww im the sam police.... LOL peggy actually gave sam her jewellery and told her to do what she liked with it.... pawn it or whatever. LOL sorry felt the need to pitch that in there:D

Sorry I should have explained myself, I meant something in the BUSSNIESS sense :D But yes your correct :p
    Good post...especialy regarding the damn Mitchells still owning the Vic outright:yawn:

Can't stand Alfie though; but he and Kat come as a pair, sadly

I just hope Michael Moon is good as the actor is meant to be very good, if they can also lure back Jake Moon then I will give that family a good chance!
    Oh thanks so let me get this straight, peggy gave her alcoholic son who had just had a stint with crack the pub before parting the square? kirkwood needs to sack who ever the head writer is WOW

Exactly, it is just another excuse to give Phil someting to do.