✭✭✭
    yes my older self would obliterate wolvereine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    superboy wrote: »
    yes my older self would obliterate wolvereine

As would you! Connor Kent is still considerably faster and stronger than Wolverine could hope to be. Add in the tactike TK and Wolverine dies. Again.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As other people have said wolverine could win with kryptonite weapons, or perhaps kryptonite coated claws. I guess he could find someone clever enough to make these kryptonite coated claws/ weapons. Then if he could get the drop on Superman first.....but if Superman was to face off against him?

Wolverine would go down like a sack of sh!t, not that that would be my preffered outcome in this fictional world of mine :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seaborn wrote: »
    Wow.

OK, I'm a huge comic book fan, and have been since I could understand the basic shapes that made up the drawing of a human. Even before i could read, loved comics and the characters.

So please believe me when I say that this isn't even a fight. Superman annihilates Wolverine in 0.0000000009 of a second.

Wolverine isn't that much faster or stronger than your average human. Superman is splitting moons in half and travelling at or around lightspeed.

Some scale - the speed of thought is about the speed of sound, roughly. Superman, moving at or around lightspeed, is literally thousands of times faster than even Wolverine's thoughts. That means that before Wolverine has had the thought "I should pop my claws" he's been thrown into space where he'll float about forever, or in the sun, where he'd be incinerated to the point of no return.

The Marvel Vs DC comic people are referring to was decided by fans, not writers, so the results where essentially a popularity contest. Hence Wolverine taking Lobo, Storm beating Wonder Woman (similar reaction/strength defecit as Superman and Wolverine) and other such things.

I promise, guys, straight up fight and Wolverine is a small pile of dust and adamantium shavings.

It will depend upon how the fight is started and where the first blow is laid. Adamantium is a pretty strong substance so I'm unsure how Superman will cope with this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    It will depend upon how the fight is started and where the first blow is laid. Adamantium is a pretty strong substance so I'm unsure how Superman will cope with this.

The strength of adamantium is irrelevant. Wolverine does not posses the physical strength to push the adamantium hard enough to pierce Superman's skin. Bullets can't pierce his skin, a punch from Wolverine certainly wouldn't. It's not a matter of the strength of material - although that would play into it if Wolvie were strong enough - or even how sharp the claws are, Wolverine simply cant supply enough force to break the skin of a guy who can walk through nukes.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.

OK, I'm a huge comic book fan, and have been since I could understand the basic shapes that made up the drawing of a human. Even before i could read, loved comics and the characters.

So please believe me when I say that this isn't even a fight. Superman annihilates Wolverine in 0.0000000009 of a second.

Thing is, it's established that Batman can defeat Superman.

Whilst Bruce Wayne is probably smarter than Logan, he doesn't have the heightened senses, strength, indestructable skeleton or willingness to kill.

If a powerless playboy can take down Supes, so can Wolverine.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Brigon wrote: »
    SIf you want a closer match up between Marvel and DC, pit Superman against Hulk, Thor or Sentry

No need. Posters seem to be forgetting that Superman has another weakness; magic. As magic definitely exists in the Marvel universe, all Wolverine needs to do is get himself tooled up - enchanted claws, or something - via any one of the magic practitioners. Then in the DC universe, stand behind Shazam... until he's close enough, then none of Superman's powers would matter. ;)
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Wolverine simply cant supply enough force to break the skin of a guy who can walk through nukes.

Again, if the claws are enchanted, then penetrating Superman's skin would be as easy as cutting through any other substance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst Bruce Wayne is probably smarter than Logan, he doesn't have the heightened senses, strength, indestructable skeleton or willingness to kill.

That's what people are forgetting Superman's moral code, he wouldn't throw wolverine into the sun or any other morally objectionable way to kill him.
    While Superman would be trying to persuade wolvy on the error of his ways wolverine would be decapitating supes with kryptonite/magic laced claws.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, if the claws are enchanted, then penetrating Superman's skin would be as easy as cutting through any other substance.

Oh cool, i didn't realise calling in your allies was allowed.

In which case, Superman calls up the Phantom Stranger, who enchants him to be immune to magic. Phantom Stranger did this at the end of Kurt Buseik's Camelot Falls arc, so there is precedent for it happening in the comics. Now the enchanted claws don't matter.

Seriously, your answer to Superman Vs Wolverine was "Well, if we say that before it wolverine goes and gets one of his mates to give him Superman's weakness, THEN he could win!" Give ME magic claws and I'd stand a fighting chance.

Wolverine isn't anywhere near Superman's weight class. And for the record, even if the claws were enchanted, Superman is literally about a million times faster than Logan. Logan is defeated faster than the thought that tells his claws to pop has crossed from one side of his brain to the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In all Superman/Batman fights, batman has had two things going for him - Kryptonite and Superman holding back. The fight in the Hush, Bruce's internal monologue reads "Clark is holding back, if he weren't i'd be crushed into the sidewalk."

Dark Knight Returns, Bruce had to hit him with a nuke, then body armour powered by the city and had Green Arrow firing Kryptonite arrows from the roof.

Wolverine has none of this. And I say again - Wolverine is so slow compared to Superman's galaxy-crossing speeds that the fight is over before the sound of the bell ringing has reached Wolverine's ears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wolverine is so slow compared to Superman's galaxy-crossing speeds that the fight is over before the sound of the bell ringing has reached Wolverine's ears.

You could say that about 90% of superman's villains but it has been shown time and time again superman is too dimwitted to use his powers effectively.
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superman picks him up, flies him into the void of outer space and Wolverine implodes.

End of fight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Superman picks him up, flies him into the void of outer space and Wolverine implodes.

End of fight.

Apart from the fact Superman wouldn't do that, if he would Lex Luthor would be long gone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    The reality is they would be allies : Batman only fought him as a last resort and still didnt really eliminate Superman .. because they are on the same side. Wolverine would have to have a really good reason to kill superman and he really doesnt.

..But imagine a wolverine with light speed and nuclear magic krypton blades vs. first appearance Superman!
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oxus wrote: »
    The reality is they would be allies : Batman only fought him as a last resort and still didnt really eliminate Superman .. because they are on the same side. Wolverine would have to have a really good reason to kill superman and he really doesnt.

..But imagine a wolverine with light speed and nuclear magic krypton blades vs. first appearance Superman!

The reality is that Wolverine has an Adaminium skeleton and Superman has developed a resistance against Kryptonite.
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    The reality is that Wolverine has an Adaminium skeleton and Superman has developed a resistance against Kryptonite.
    Actually, the reality is that these are fictional characters, and that very little reality is involved at all. :)

As for these pointless superhero vs superhero threads, the simple answer is that Superman wins every time. Winning a battle doesn't have to result in death. There are more ways than I could be bothered to count for Superman to incapacitate and neutralize Wolverine.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the reality is that these are fictional characters, and that very little reality is involved at all. :)

As for these pointless superhero vs superhero threads, the simple answer is that Superman wins every time. Winning a battle doesn't have to result in death. There are more ways than I could be bothered to count for Superman to incapacitate and neutralize Wolverine.

I know but imagination is a good thing but I don't want anyone to die.

I cannot imagine Superman winning over The Silver Surfer or The Vision

Superman and Spiderman did battle though in a comic released in 1976
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    If it were my story. ..Action Comics #1 Superman vs Weapon X during the early American alcohol prohibition along the Canadian border. Throw The Hulk in there to even them out if you think they need it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    super man
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Apart from the fact Superman wouldn't do that, if he would Lex Luthor would be long gone.

Lex Luthor is a human being.

Wolverine is a mutant who can heal himself time and time again.

Also Superman has killed before when faced with threats he knew would come back and threaten humanity. He killed Doomsday, he finished off Darkseid... so him dumping a guy who has killed thousands in space who he knows will keep healing is not above Superman.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    God thread, makes for a great read ....

I'd have to go with Superman ... It does all depend on circumstances, why and where they are fighting ...

But if this is just a fight to the death for the craic, then Wolverine doesn't stand a chance, Superman could kill him in a million different ways ... It wouldn't even be worth going to see ... kryptonite or no kryptonite ...

If theres actually a genuine reason for this fight, and we're taking morals and everything else into account, then maybe wolverine could outsmart him in some way but I doubt it ...
  • Options
    QuickbloodQuickblood Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In theory anyone can beat Superman if they can get the Kryptonite but really Superman Vs Wolvierine is way too one sided. Even a particularly weak written Superman would surely just kill Wolverine and toss his remains into the sun before he could regenerate.
  • Options
    BaffrobesBaffrobes Posts: 3,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this thread, takes me back. :)

Couldn't Superman just keep his distance and either Freeze and shatter, or heatray and melt Wolverene?
    Then throw the bits into space. :D
    Or turn back time and Kill logan before the Adamantine was ever injected!
    Only one winner in this showdown. :)
  • Options
    OrriOrri Posts: 9,470
    Forum Member
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Muramasa_Blade

Would make it interesting.

Mystic sword with a tendency to send it's wielder nuts and already been in Wolverines possession. Seems like a premise for a fight right there.