Options

Freeview picture breaking up

lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
Forum Member
I bought a new Freeview box last weekend (Bush STB202X12) and the picture on some of the channels breaks up (The ITV ones, Dave ones, Sky News, Pick TV, Bid Up, Price Drop and the Five ones).
I had bought another Bush box 2 days previous to that and I had to send it back as it was breaking up on most channels.
My last box worked fine before I changed over (the only reason I bought a new one was because a few of the remote control buttons weren't working)
Any idea how to solve the problem?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I bought a new Freeview box last weekend (Bush STB202X12) and the picture on some of the channels breaks up (The ITV ones, Dave ones, Sky News, Pick TV, Bid Up, Price Drop and the Five ones).
    I had bought another Bush box 2 days previous to that and I had to send it back as it was breaking up on most channels.
    My last box worked fine before I changed over (the only reason I bought a new one was because a few of the remote control buttons weren't working)
    Any idea how to solve the problem?

You can usually open up a remote control, dismantle the two or three component parts, wash each under a running cold tap, dry off with paper towels, leave to dry in a warm place for 6 hours and then reassemble.

Your new boxes may have more sensitive tuners or they may be less sensitive so:
    Too much signal? Fit an in-line attenuator
    Too little signal? Fit a signal booster
    Your box should have a signal strength and signal quality indicator. What are the values of these indicators when you have signal breakup?

Other suggestions:
    You have tuned into the wrong transmitter. You may need to manually tune for the correct MUX channels.
    The connecting leads (aerial leads) are picking up electrical interference.