Options

"I Love My Country" BBC1, Saturday

Comments

• Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    It's like they are just making it up as they go along. Like joeys game show on friends.
  • Options
    ukcarterukcarter Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Is the covert purpose of this programme to make the one that follow it look good?

To be fair, even in the 70s this Summer slot was dire - "Seaside Special" and so on. All the TV companies saved up their quality programming for the Autumn schedule. At least then the BBC will get better; obviously ITV will stay the same.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wheel of bloody Fortune? Really?

Avalon compiling a skip of the worst ITV formats?
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Honestly. Gabby Logan I had an ounce of respect for previously as a decent football presenter. I didnt watch that abortion Splash so I cant judge her on that. But seriously she is acting like a Cbeebies presenter tonight with the pitch of her voice, the dancing, the smiles dripping with cheese.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3AoyyeEWOo for wrestling fans and the spinning wheel part.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever watched in my life.

I am totally dumbfounded that Saturday night TV has sunk this low.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear bbc , thank you for using my tv license money on this load of poop! (Insert swear word)

Dear itv , thank you for not having not much better whilst bbd shows this poop! (Insert swear word)
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might like them, hence why I fail to see how you can enjoy them making fools of themselves.

I don't think they're making fools of themselves. You may. What you see, and what I see are different. That's how "interpretation" works. Also, you don't understand how "hence" works. I appreciate the effort, but it was in vain. There's a fairly strict hence usage, which you ignored, so it's not like I'm just pointing and laughing at you for one stupid mistake. Obviously I am, but with good reason and because you abused a word you did not understand.

I expect you will defend your use of the word. And by expect, I mean hope. You will still get it wrong.

I get no pleasure from doing this to you. I derive all my pleasure from the confusion you feel, because hey, you were so confident, right?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    It really annoys me that in this time of austerity the BBC is wasting money on such complete and total ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly. Gabby Logan I had an ounce of respect for previously as a decent football presenter. I didnt watch that abortion Splash so I cant judge her on that. But seriously she is acting like a Cbeebies presenter tonight with the pitch of her voice, the dancing, the smiles dripping with cheese.

Splash! Was good viewing compared to this!
  • Options
    WmsheepWmsheep Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    guess that with this, and that Puppet show the beeb have planned for next week, there is going to be a massive gap in the schedule in a fortnights time.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever watched in my life.

I am totally dumbfounded that Saturday night TV has sunk this low.

Is this really worse than Take Me Out?!
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really annoys me that in this time of austerity the BBC is wasting money on such complete and total ****.
    TBF it looks pretty budget ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People live with their parents because of the lack of housing and the ******* ridiculous house prices. I bet none of them mention that.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon this is just to soften people up for that puppet thing next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vixyvic wrote: »
    TBF it looks pretty budget ;)

Yes, I think that's probably right. :D
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,495
    Forum Member
    I Love My Country? Like the German guy on Fawlty Towers said, "However did zey vin?"
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    starsailor wrote: »
    This is the BBC´s attempt to get the Scots to vote for independence, cos it's surely working

BIB: You say that like we aren't here :rolleyes::p

Sorry, but that really bugs me...
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes by a mile.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse than Don't Scare the Hare.

And with that - I'm out. Going over to Music and Monarchy..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's like some hideous South American gameshow without the cruelty and violence (alas).
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure this was quite cheap to make. I don't mind it. The ratings will decide if it gets another series
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It still isn't worse than Don't Scare the Hare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prime time Tv and both channels are sowing what I can only describe as Sh..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh shut up you old fool!