Would you want to live in this flat?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might take a chance on it if it was very very very cheap because of what it was.

But no way would I pay that price to live in a place where 12 corpses used to be buried beneath the floorboards, after being murdered and sexually molested after death! I bet however much they've cleaned it up and even if there's been new floorboards put in, there's still DNA around and - believing in those kind of things - an unhealthy or/and evil atmosphere and possibly ghosts.

That property should have it's price much reduced in my opinion. After all how much is it going to cost to get the ghostbusters and exorsists in?
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one here that doesn't care about the history, but the price is outrageous.

My parents own a house of roughly the same value in Buckinghamshire but it has 4 bedrooms, a garage, front garden and a back garden 4 times the size

They're only about 45 minutes from central London by train.

Who buys these places?!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Who amongst us can say we haven't?

Shipman.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    I might take a chance on it if it was very very very cheap because of what it was.

But no way would I pay that price to live in a place where 12 corpses used to be buried beneath the floorboards, after being murdered and sexually molested after death! I bet however much they've cleaned it up and even if there's been new floorboards put in, there's still DNA around and - believing in those kind of things - an unhealthy or/and evil atmosphere and possibly ghosts.

That property should have it's price much reduced in my opinion. After all how much is it going to cost to get the ghostbusters and exorsists in?

Tom Hanks ain't cheap.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all how much is it going to cost to get the ghostbusters and exorcists in?

Why waste money on those ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Cranley Gardne flat is for sle at a substantially cheaper price thsn you would usually pay for a flat in that road.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would they be haunted? :(
  • RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised at how little I would want to live there. I'm sure it's safe and prostitute giblet-free now, but bleugh.
    Someone was murdered in my childhood home. After I left but it changed my feelings about the place.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    it wouldn't bother me as long as i knew for sure there wasn't any dna left over from the victims in the way of skin or blood on the walls etc.

horrendously overpriced though. i thought at first that you got the whole house for that price.

That's London for you!
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's London for you!

Oh shit, I only just realised that it's only for one floor of that house :eek:

That is London, but it isn't right, at all. I mean that's even more hopelessly priced than I already thought.

And they want prices to rise?! :confused:

Clearly they only want the elite to be homeowners
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new owners will probably hear terrible screams at night in their heads :cry:
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it wasn`t built on a Native American burial site, which let`s face it is pretty likely.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Oh shit, I only just realised that it's only for one floor of that house :eek:

That is London, but it isn't right, at all. I mean that's even more hopelessly priced than I already thought.

And they want prices to rise?! :confused:

Clearly they only want the elite to be homeowners

Yeah it's kind of depressing how you need around 300k just for a one-bed flat in a niceish area of London. :(

I don't see how most Londoners ever get to be homeowners!
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Yeah it's kind of depressing how you need around 300k just for a one-bed flat in a niceish area of London. :(

I don't see how most Londoners ever get to be homeowners!

You can buy a 3 bedroom house with a decent garden for 300k in a green leafy area 11 minutes from London Bridge. You just have to look for the untrendy places.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind this one.

Monaco
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Can't say I'd fancy that flat much, no. I'm an insomniac with an overactive imagination.
    vosne wrote: »
    Who amongst us can say we haven't?
    :eek:Who told you my secret??
    :D
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have nothing against people who want to live in London, it's just not for me. The price of property though is simply really bad value for money. At least that one has a garden which I believe is a good thing.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't. I went through a period of reading about notorious killers and what he got up to there was just:eek::cry:. Didn't he get caught because human remains had blocked pipes or something? Eeww.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He killed 12 men in the flat, had sex with the bodies and then disposed of the corpses by dismembering them and hiding them under the floorboards.

Sounds like a nice bloke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »

Monaco

Yeah thats not too bad .
    Might organise a viewing after a spot of overtime :D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    fender101 wrote: »

Monaco

It looks like Tony Starks tower, yeas please!

As to the original flat, It is beautiful, the history would make no difference in me wanting to buy it, but the price would.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,978
    Forum Member
    As others have said the price puts me off a lot more than what happened in it as you never know what's gone on in any house but I know paying that much money for that much space is ridiculous
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I have nothing against people who want to live in London, it's just not for me. The price of property though is simply really bad value for money. At least that one has a garden which I believe is a good thing.

That's especially useful for a serial killer.;)
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    The price is just gobsmacking. And I would never again live in a groundfloor flat - noise from above would worry me more than what used to be under the floorboards.