Options

Chicago PD - US Pace (Spoilers Tagged)

SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the first official episode aired last night in the US, months after the backdoor pilot seen in Chicago Fire.

I was expecting it to be good because the cast are great and Voight definitely interested me as a main character, and I was definitely not disappointed. In fact, the first episode exceeded my expectations and I thought it was a brilliant first episode, full of enough intrigue and story to satiate my appetite. I particularly like how the main characters had their fair share of the spotlight, with Voight and Dawson naturally having more focus, particularly in the story area. The ending was quite shocking as well in regards to the blonde cop, whose name I don't recall, and Dawson's son.

I eagerly look forward to the next episode.

So discuss, what are your thoughts on the first episode, and subsequent episodes?

As usual, if you have spoilers, from future episodes or from the next time on, please put them in spoiler tags but feel free to discuss anything that was aired in the episode.

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has Sophia Bush in it, that's enough for me. :)

Also I like Chicago Fire.
  • Options
    madmumof3madmumof3 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Is this going to be on UK tv anytime soon?
  • Options
    KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    madmumof3 wrote: »
    Is this going to be on UK tv anytime soon?

Love Chicago Fire so I hope this gets picked up on a UK TV channel.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty good first episode but I'm not sure about committing to another cop show.

But yes, Sophia Bush is lovely.
  • Options
    Ben1980Ben1980 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KNs47 wrote: »
    Love Chicago Fire so I hope this gets picked up on a UK TV channel.

Doesn't look good at the minute so I have resorted to use the NBC app on iPhone and iPad which has the full episode to stream.

Just need something like Unblock US to view.

Its a shame that all the US networks aren't like NBC as I could cut Sky once and for all.
  • Options
    Chase_HamylnChase_Hamyln Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the heads up - going to watch this right now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have a cross over episode with Chicago Fire today. So those who watch at UK pace may miss out.

I am trying to like this series but Miss Bush is distracting me. I can not take her serious as a Police Detective. She is too attractive and soft spoken.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 3. It's getting better and better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Just watched episode 3. It's getting better and better.

Definitely, and Voight is such a badass.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Definitely, and Voight is such a badass.

I love how he is bad for a good reason.
    saving that young lad from a horrible life
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to like this series but Miss Bush is distracting me. I can not take her serious as a Police Detective. She is too attractive and soft spoken.

Well, that's true of the cast of most American cops shows. Half of them look like they are cosmetic surgery models and have never done any police work in their lives. Just look at the CSI franchises.

Miss Bush can distract me as much as she wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to see Voight getting sick of his stupid son's shit, hopefully he'll straighten him out.

Loved the album cover shot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news folks!

This makes it look good for season 2 as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another great episode, I love how they do have multiple stories running through the entire season so far, unlike a lot of cop shows.

Plus, the season 2 pickup makes me very happy. With any luck they will try do a 22 episode season and air it along with Fire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved the two-part event they had with Chicago Fire, it made for a thrilling two episodes. I hope they try and go for a longer season for season 2.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (lazy) Question about Voight - the badass lead cop of the show.

Is my mind playing tricks on me but didn't he kill or cause to be kill Chase's wife on Chicago Fire ? I was so sure of this and have stayed away from Chicago PD cos I like rooting for the lead but couldn't cos of what he did. Am I correct or have I got things all screwy ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    (lazy) Question about Voight - the badass lead cop of the show.

Is my mind playing tricks on me but didn't he kill or cause to be kill Chase's wife on Chicago Fire ? I was so sure of this and have stayed away from Chicago PD cos I like rooting for the lead but couldn't cos of what he did. Am I correct or have I got things all screwy ?

Your mind is playing tricks on you i'm afraid. The man who killed Chase's wife was someone who was involved with drugs with the owner/manager of the place she worked at.
    Voight and his team investigated and caught the guy who did it, which was also the backdoor pilot for the show.

Voight is neither black or white, but grey. He's one of those cops who will do what it takes to take criminals down, he skirts the law a lot. It shows in Chicago Fire he was released from jail at the behest of Internal Affairs so he could act dirty but take criminals down, big ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say that it is unlike a lot of other cop shows.
    Voight and his team don't always play by the rules and act questionable at times, but you will always root for them. Their team dynamic is excellent and it seems like the cast has been together for a lot longer. While it does have case of the week, there's always a bigger story at play with the characters or otherwise. When you watch you don't feel like you can just watch an episode here and there and not miss a thing, it's something you need to watch in order and every episode.
    The crossovers they do with Fire are brilliant, they handle them perfectly.

If you like cop shows then it's definitely worth watching as it is a cut above the rest, and with it being given a season 2 and currently on a 15 episode season, it may get a full order for next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Your mind is playing tricks on you i'm afraid. ....
    thanx for that, maybe now I can give the show a go. Don't mind rooting for a bad guy so long as the bad guy ain't done anything unforgivably bad. So I loved Dexter and was loving The Blacklist until he
    prevented her from saying good bye to her dying father
    , maybe in a later ep his motivation was explained and it made sense but for me this was a "I'm done with him" moment and watching him being "evil" stopped being fun / interesting anymore. Had Badass killed wifey that would've been one of these "I'm done" moments but cos he didn't I'll give the show a go :) {still miffed they cut Tanja Raymonde from the cast list though. :()
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanx for that, maybe now I can give the show a go. Don't mind rooting for a bad guy so long as the bad guy ain't done anything unforgivably bad. So I loved Dexter and was loving The Blacklist until he
    prevented her from saying good bye to her dying father
    , maybe in a later ep his motivation was explained and it made sense but for me this was a "I'm done with him" moment and watching him being "evil" stopped being fun / interesting anymore. Had Badass killed wifey that would've been one of these "I'm done" moments but cos he didn't I'll give the show a go :) {still miffed they cut Tanja Raymonde from the cast list though. :()

Nah, the thing with Voight is, for me at least, he is someone you can root for all the time. He hasn't done anything bad to anyone you feel won't deserve it, because he is always doing it to keep Chicago safe. The rest of the players are solid enough that if you do go against Voight, you will be with the rest of the cast and Voight doesn't overshadow anyone either so it's not always just him.

Yeah, I was quite gutted when she wasn't in it, but the one who replaced her is cute as hell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marathoned the back eps and am all caught up and really like the show :) - shame about Ms IwannajoinintellegenceIwannaIwanna lady not getting the post cos Mr Boss doesn't like doinking between his underlings. And I wonder if we'll see Ms Imnotthesnitchwhyyousackme lady again after TechGuy gets caught sticking his usb drive where he shouldn't ? :confused:
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicago PD is my favourite cop show, I like the whole team, although I have my favourites, didnt think I would like the desk sergeant but she is great and has a dry sense of humour :D bit disappointed Burgess didnt get promoted but her time will come. Season finale next week, hope it gets a longer season 2 like CF does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    Chicago PD is my favourite cop show, I like the whole team, although I have my favourites, didnt think I would like the desk sergeant but she is great and has a dry sense of humour :Dbit disappointed Burgess didnt get promoted but her time will come. Season finale next week, hope it gets a longer season 2 like CF does.

Same here. She is my favourite and reminds me so much of Sue Sylvester. So many great moments despite the short scenes. "She's a tough cookie, my little cookie"-death glare. :D
    Also the dinner invite to Severide. :D

Regarding Burgess, I just knew this was going to happen after Ruzek's big display of affection considering how badly Voight reacted to Erin and Halstead.

My only complaint...we need to get more Atwater scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    Same here. She is my favourite and reminds me so much of Sue Sylvester. So many great moments despite the short scenes. "She's a tough cookie, my little cookie"-death glare. :D
    Also the dinner invite to Severide. :D

Did anyone see the look between her and Mouch on Chicago Fire?

Love at first sight. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marathoned the back eps and am all caught up and really like the show :) - shame about Ms IwannajoinintellegenceIwannaIwanna lady not getting the post cos Mr Boss doesn't like doinking between his underlings. And I wonder if we'll see Ms Imnotthesnitchwhyyousackme lady again after TechGuy gets caught sticking his usb drive where he shouldn't ? :confused:

That's great, I knew you would like it. Yeah, but I did see Atwater being able to integrate on to the team more than Burgess, he's got a tougher constitution as well so would be more apt at handling the work they do.