Comments

• southladsouthlad Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »

So does that mean current 10mb BB customers will now get upgraded to 30mb?
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    southlad wrote: »

Ben might know the answer to that,
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    They have been discussing this point on cableforums as it would appear that is what retentions are telling people.
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    southlad wrote: »
    If you go for one of the new Collections, I would expect it to include the appropriate broadband level
    Forum Member
    I have noticed this
    VIP: TiVo (1TB0 + TiVo (500GB) + XL TV pack (36 HD channels) + 100Mb broadband + Sky Sports and Movies + ESPN HD + six months Spotify £95/month
    http://www.whathifi.com/news/virgin-rolls-out-new-collections-tivo-and-broadband-bundles

Does that mean you get a 1TB TiVo and 500Gb TiVo for £95 + £13.90 phoneline = £108.90 ?

The old one only has 1 TiVo and V HD box which costs £93.81 + £13.90 phoneline = £107.71
    http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/bundles-with-extras/very-impressive-package.html
    Forum Member
    That's what it says

http://mediacentre.virginmedia.com/Stories/Branson-conquers-time-travel-in-new-Virgin-Media-ad-2395.aspx

VIP

•Virgin Media TiVo 1TB + a Virgin Media TiVo 500GB
    •XL TV – with 175 channels, including 36 HD channels
    •Sky Sports and Movie Collection (including HD)
    •Up to 100Mb broadband (upgraded to 120Mb when available)
    •Phone line and Talk Unlimited
    •Plus a whole host of extras
    •For £95 per month1
    Forum Member
    I've just been advised that it shouldn't say that and it's being changed.

The VIP collection is a 1TB TiVo box and a V HD box

EDIT: quoted price was £5 too much as well due to the second TiVo inclusion
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben, Will Virgin automatically apply the new packs to VIP customers?
    Forum Member
    Toby53 wrote: »
    Ben, Will Virgin automatically apply the new packs to VIP customers?
    Nope. The Collections are all new seperate bundles, so you'll have to conact Virgin Media to see what options you have
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note we have to cough up a fifty quid installation fee to change to the new packages, plus lose any loyalty discounts we have hammered out of them. I really see no advantage to changing, bearing in mind we get 20Mb soon and the new packages doesn't really represent good value for money.

Do VM really want to keep customers???? Not sure.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Are they forcing you to change? No. Will you still get the broadband speed upgrade? Yes. So what's the problem? :confused:
  • Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me that thinks 'Collections' sounds a bit naff?

:eek:
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently paying £41.90 (incl. £13.90pm for phone line) for:

V+ HD box
    M+ TV – with 75 channels
    10Mbps broadband
    Phone line with Talk Weekends.

So they'll let me switch to the Essential Collection package and charge me £3 less and I'll get a TIVO Box and triple my broadband speed straight away?

Sounds a decent deal even if I do get charged a £49.99 "connection" fee.

My broadband speed isn't due to be doubled to 20Mbps until 2013 under my existing package.

Is this a no brainer for me to switch?

Does the £38.90pm price for Essential Collection include the recent announced price increases that have to be paid on the existing packages?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Is it just me that thinks 'Collections' sounds a bit naff?

:eek:
    Yes. They're a collection of services :)
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    Is that " Sky Sports F1 HD " logo meant to be a early April fools joke !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    i noticed that- have we missed something?

maybe we're getting sky atlantic HD as well! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I currently have

2 V+ boxes
    TV XL
    Sky Movies/Sports HD
    BB XL (30mb soon to be 60Mb)
    Tel XL

am paying £102pm prior to the recent £2pm price hike.

I presume these new 'collections' are replacing the old bundles

i have no complaints about the V+ boxes but VM are phasing these out for Tivo.

60Mb BB would be more than enough for me when i get it ( I think my area gets its update in the next month or so)

if wanted to keep my existing TV/BB/Tel pack but have 2 Tivos either 1 x 1Tb + 1 x £500gb or 2 £500gb tivos what would i be paying

Have been looking to reduce my virign bill so if i decided to ditch Sky Sports/Moves and premium HD how much would i save?

many thanks

Ian
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    I note we have to cough up a fifty quid installation fee to change to the new packages, plus lose any loyalty discounts we have hammered out of them. I really see no advantage to changing, bearing in mind we get 20Mb soon and the new packages doesn't really represent good value for money.

Do VM really want to keep customers???? Not sure.

That's the Thread I started
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1641868&highlight=will+virgin+have+any+customers+left
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    So I've just seen this post about collections and I'm wondering if I've got this right. I could switch to a collection and get better broadband speed and replace my old v box with tivo box for roughly the same price I pay now.
    At the moment I've got
    V+ HD box
    Extra V Box
    XL TV
    Sky Sports and Movie Collection
    10mb Broadband
    Phone line with Talk Evenings & Weekends.
    My last bill was £87.30 if I want to pay round about the same should I go for the Premiere Collection and add sky sports and movie?
  • AngelaUKAngelaUK Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I just saved £11pm by changing to collections, no mention of any switching fee, I kept an existing freebie and he gave me a free upgrade to Phone L, make sure you build your bundle first on the website as I had to talk him through that to get the right price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    AngelaUK wrote: »
    I just saved £11pm by changing to collections, no mention of any switching fee, I kept an existing freebie and he gave me a free upgrade to Phone L, make sure you build your bundle first on the website as I had to talk him through that to get the right price.

Awaiting a call back from a manager at Virgin, as when I called they said if I change my current package to Premier collection, they will upgrade my broadband to 100 mb? Told them that is not what is available via existing customers website. Will see what happens when called back.

I get the feeling that if you have TiVo already you are unable to change.
  • womblerwombler Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I recently downgraded from 50 to 30mb to save money - it seems from the collections that I can upgrade to 60mb for £5 extra a month - more speed and less money than I was paying for 50mb.

However, the want £49.95 for an engineer visit - bit extreme since I already am capable of 50mb and have the superhub.

Think I'll phone to argue the case
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm currently considering taking up one of these offers to replace my V+ box with a Tivo box but have one question regarding the physical process of replacing the box...

Since Virgin was installed, out living room has been redecorated meaning that the cable from outside to the TV is difficult to get to now. If I opt for a new tivo box, to what extent do they have to alter the cables that run from outside my house to the box?

I asked virgin on the phone when I queried this in the past and they were very sketchy with details.

Is it just a case of switching the box over or do they need install new cables?
  • womblerwombler Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently considering taking up one of these offers to replace my V+ box with a Tivo box but have one question regarding the physical process of replacing the box...

Since Virgin was installed, out living room has been redecorated meaning that the cable from outside to the TV is difficult to get to now. If I opt for a new tivo box, to what extent do they have to alter the cables that run from outside my house to the box?

I asked virgin on the phone when I queried this in the past and they were very sketchy with details.

Is it just a case of switching the box over or do they need install new cables?

They use the same cable - this is what they did to me