The 'prayer and worship' thread

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought I'd make this thread for prayer of all beliefs and faiths but also for general chat about any bible matters or anything anyone (believers or non belivers) think it's appropriate to pray for.

I was thinking a second ago that I'm not quite sure what to pray for tonight apart frrom the health of my family and friends and all of a sudden I had the urge to come on here, start a thread and see what my fellow believers, believers of a different faith or even non believers think need praying for today.

Whether it's a personal issue or a topical, world wide issue.

I would ask that people only post on here with genuine replies though thanks :)

Comments

• smilingcat9smilingcat9 Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I genuinely go into book shops and put the Bible in the horror and fictions section.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely go into book shops and put the Bible in the horror and fictions section.

Lol. I find that really funny :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member

So cool you go out of your way to do that.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You crazy maverick, you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone started a faith and religion appreciation thread. That way you will keep all the tiresome, same same, same old, repetitive comments out. Just a thought.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    So cool you go out of your way to do that.

PMSL:D it is pretty sad isn't it. Still, must fill a rather large void in his/her life
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    there is or was one i believe but i think it got assaulted by militant atheists.

edit @lady.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone started a faith and religion appreciation thread. That way you will keep all the tiresome, same same, same old, repetitive comments out. Just a thought.

I agree with this, otherwise you'll get the usual nonesense, it only took until the second post in this very thread:rolleyes:
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    OP I doubt non believers would think anything needs praying for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thank god every night for blessing me with my son and pray to keep him healthy, happy and safe
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad they're letting you out unsupervised at last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah an appreciation thread is the only way to keep it sensible here
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is or was one i believe but i think it got assaulted by militant atheists.

edit @lady.

I thought that AT threads were for 'fans' and positive messages only? Bit of a shame if it was allowed to get derailed.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I thought that AT threads were for 'fans' and positive messages only? Bit of a shame if it was allowed to get derailed.

innit, if you don`t appreciate something don`t enter the appreciation thread, not a difficult concept to grasp you`d think.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would ask that people only post on here with genuine replies though thanks :)
    I was going to say good luck with that, but too late already...
    Thought I'd make this thread for prayer of all beliefs and faiths but also for general chat about any bible matters or anything anyone (believers or non belivers) think it's appropriate to pray for.
    A genuine question here:

Why would a non believer think anything was worth praying for?
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    innit, if you don`t appreciate something don`t enter the appreciation thread, not a difficult concept to grasp you`d think.
    As a general rule I loathe appreciation threads and the whole concept of but sadly when you constantly see the way threads like this go I think they are a necessary evil and should be respected...
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup. While I can't say I like the idea of a pinned religious AT per se (colours to the mast, and all that), it would give religionistas a bit of peace and quiet.

Dunno. Maybe it requires too much modding?
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    Glad they're letting you out unsupervised at last.
    No "they" are still trying to re-recruit me and i am never unsupervised. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Dear Lord Our God (any version) please save me from your followers. About Exodus 21:7 am i free to go now, i know it might seem selfish to the point of unforgivable sin but i really want to join the real world that is big and scary and people believe in all kinds of random things.
    amen
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Are Satanists welcome?
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Oh dear.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Are Satanists welcome?

I don't see why not, i mean i don't know much about satanism (being an athiest) do you guys pray to the devil or something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Lord Our God (any version) please save me from your followers. About Exodus 21:7 am i free to go now, i know it might seem selfish to the point of unforgivable sin but i really want to join the real world that is big and scary and people believe in all kinds of random things.
    amen

Did God force you to read this thread?

YOu seem to be following the followers here?:confused:
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I don't see why not, i mean i don't know much about satanism (being an athiest) do you guys pray to the devil or something?

I'm not one so I don't know for sure, but I think they do.