Software for running a Windows programme on a Mac

2»

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    Use this program to make a USB flash drive (Minimum 4GB) bootable with a genuine Windows 7 ISO.

of course if using parallels or vmware then you don't even need to do that. you can simply use the ISO image to install it.

USB stick or CD/DVD is only required when installing via bootcamp.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    of course if using parallels or vmware then you don't even need to do that. you can simply use the ISO image to install it.

USB stick or CD/DVD is only required when installing via bootcamp.

That's interesting. Is the Windows 7 ISO a full version or a trial one? Would it work with VirtualBox since I'm not allowed to buy Parallels?
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. Is the Windows 7 ISO a full version or a trial one? Would it work with VirtualBox since I'm not allowed to buy Parallels?

Tell him you are a grown up(?) and you can spend your money on what you want....Unless of course you are trying to get him to spring for it?:)
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Tell him you are a grown up(?) and you can spend your money on what you want....Unless of course you are trying to get him to spring for it?:)

I thought that... weird...
  • Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try WineSkin its free and easy to use. (I know others have said Wine Bottler but Wineskin makes it easy)

I use it to run Access 2007, Sim City 3000, and a few other Windows applications.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    Try WineSkin its free and easy to use. (I know others have said Wine Bottler but Wineskin makes it easy)

I use it to run Access 2007, Sim City 3000, and a few other Windows applications.

I'd say, now we know it's CAD software that's trying to be run, it's pointless trying anything like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quackers wrote: »

I thought you used Parallels?

I've tried that, but he seems to think buying the software is a waste of time.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I've tried that, but he seems to think buying the software is a waste of time.

Mind of your own? Comes in handy when you are soliciting....Sorry, being a Solicitor...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mind of your own? Comes in handy when you are soliciting....Sorry, being a Solicitor...:)

Yep :D Maybe I should just download it anyway and not say anything. Nobody in my family uses my Macs anyway as they're all Windows 7 users :o