Why does Lacey Turner get top billing on EE closing credits?

Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has she become so successful and famous since leaving that her status commands it?

What am I missing here?

Comments

• tvhonourtvhonour Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever appears at the "duff duff" moment always gets top billing in the credits.
  • JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Has she become so successful and famous since leaving that her status commands it?

What am I missing here?

I always thought the person who gets the doof-doof gets top billing on the credits. At least, that's how it's been for the last 29 years.

Though it's true Stacey has now had a lot of doof-doofs in 2014...
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person who gets the duff duff is always credited first.

Nothing due to "status".
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »

What am I missing here?

I'll make a little bit with you. The next five people to top the credits will be:

Stan
    Stacey
    Kat
    Max
    Ian

... and I bet they will all get the duff duffs as well.
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhhh...I don't watch it that often, didn't realise who got the "duff duff".
  • twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is order of appearance. It started with Stacey at the door.
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »

No its not. not for EE For ED and CS it is but the last person seen gets credited first at EastEnders
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    No its not. not for EE For ED and CS it is but the last person seen gets credited first at EastEnders

This! Its true!

I don't understand what the problem is!
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twin wrote: »

I thought this too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much echoing the majority of posters, duff duff = top credit.
  • colleencolleen Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    boxer1988 wrote: »
    I thought this too
    It the last actor on screen
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The credits are listed in order of appearance last to first.

So duff duff character and then everyone else in reverse.

All of the other soaps I think list in order of appearance from the beginning of the episode.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvhonour wrote: »
    Whoever appears at the "duff duff" moment always gets top billing in the credits.

Obviously. That's why you never see Tracey's name at the top of the credits! :D
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

All of the other soaps I think list in order of appearance from the beginning of the episode.
    I think HO do alphabetical order?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos Lacey is the queen of Eastenders
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no real order to EastEnders credits, the last person seen will always get top billing, but the rest of the list is usually in any old order, just leaning towards dominance within the episode slightly, so if a character appears in the background in the Vic briefly they'll be placed near the end, with single episode guest characters. But really, after top billing there's no rules.

Emmerdale and Coronation Street list in order of appearance in the script, not always on screen. Hollyoaks list regular cast alphabetically followed by non-contract cast at the end.
  • EE Fan 1990EE Fan 1990 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duff duff character and every character involved on that scene unless it's an extra then other characters on order of how much they appeared on screen xxx
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

It can't be everyone in reverse, last night showed Luke (Matt Willis) and Lily credited at the end, but they appeared near the end. They had a small role in the episode so were credited last.
    I know Hollyoaks credit in alphabetical order of characters surnames.
    Duff duff character and every character involved on that scene unless it's an extra then other characters on order of how much they appeared on screen xxx

This pretty much covers it! :)
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no real order to EastEnders credits, the last person seen will always get top billing, but the rest of the list is usually in any old order, just leaning towards dominance within the episode slightly, so if a character appears in the background in the Vic briefly they'll be placed near the end, with single episode guest characters. But really, after top billing there's no rules.

Emmerdale and Coronation Street list in order of appearance in the script, not always on screen. Hollyoaks list regular cast alphabetically followed by non-contract cast at the end.

Exactly this. I've tried to find rhyme or reason to the order of the credits, and there isn't really one. The only postscript I'd add to the above is that they tend to get grouped by storyline.

So duff duff was Stacey last night, then Lauren and Max, followed by Kat and Alfie, involved in the Stacey storyline. Then we had Whitney followed by Johnny and the rest of the Carters to do with the closure of the market/pub scenes. Abi is next, followed by the Beales and then the Masoods. Guest characters and child characters are then listed at the end - although this isn't always the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL..I did not think people would worry so much. I have turned over by time the credits start to roll.