Options

Mock the week vs Rebecca Adlington

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
Forum Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8337421.stm

I couldn't see another thread on this. I'm absolutely on her side!

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what do you expect the trust to do? Boyle isn't even on MTW any more.

I personally think Rebecca Adlington should get a life. :p
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Oh no I've been insulted"
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she's doing is asking FB to tear her to bits in his stand up.
  • Options
    TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Bit more info on this one

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/swimming_star_slams_bbc_over_joke_ruling

I was watching the show and after the teaspoon remark he went on to say her boyfriend looked like a male model (or something) and so she must be really dirty.

That's Frankie for you though.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) She has a huge nose.Does she use it as a rudder?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    All she's doing is asking FB to tear her to bits in his stand up.

Maybe that’s true. However she's not in show biz so I don’t think she's fair game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that’s true. However she's not in show biz so I don’t think she's fair game.

Mock The Week is not about primarily showbiz.

Maybe we should create a list of folk that don't mind being insulted? She needs to take that huge carrot out of her ass and stop worrying about FB.
  • Options
    brodybrody Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    slagging off women because of their looks. he should write for the daily heil.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She SO needs to get a life about it. She made a complaint... fine... she should now just drop it.

She's making herself a bigger target. People get insulted all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Frankie Boyle and it obviously was part of why he quit the show.

Rebecca Adlington is in a competitive business, I think she should have a thicker skin. It's not about sex, I dare say just as many of his jokes are about men.

If we start apologising to one person where do we stop?
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she cashed a few cheques for chatshow appearances among other things, didn't she? Makes her fair game to me.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth hurts Rebecca:p
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    brody wrote: »
    slagging off women because of their looks. he should write for the daily heil.
    She's not even bad looking. I thought she looked absolutely stunning at the sports personality award show last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will she appeared as an presenter on the royal variety and also has appeared as an guest on chatshows and strictly.Both had nothing to do with swimming.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mock The Week is not about primarily showbiz.

Maybe we should create a list of folk that don't mind being insulted? She needs to take that huge carrot out of her ass and stop worrying about FB.

Her swimming times might improve too.
  • Options
    jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manufactured outrage. Neither she nor her family were aware of what was said until a tabloid paper phoned her mum to tell her a few weeks after the show was transmitted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    Manufactured outrage. Neither she nor her family were aware of what was said until a tabloid paper phoned her mum to tell her a few weeks after the show was transmitted.

I wonder which newspaper it was :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Bit more info on this one

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/swimming_star_slams_bbc_over_joke_ruling

I was watching the show and after the teaspoon remark he went on to say her boyfriend looked like a male model (or something) and so she must be really dirty.

That's Frankie for you though.

Thanks for the link. It's the first time I've found out what he actually said. And my reaction was............ so what?
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    tom green wrote: »
    I wonder which newspaper it was :rolleyes:

Was it the newspaper who owns 30% of ITN?
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In essense she is a member of the public who just happened to become famous in the course of doing her "job" extremely well. Some reward from the BBC.

As for public appearances, once you win gold you have a civic responsibility and public appearances are part of that. She has never courted fame.

As for the "joke". Clearly it does not qualify. This was merely an insult to a member of the public who happens to be in the public eye. It's the sort of thing you would expect from children.

"Mock the Week" is a very aptly named programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    Her swimming times might improve too.

Oh my. :D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    She should get a life, that was one of Frankie's softer jokes I would expect he will now go further on other shows and in his stand up about this.

Frankie is quite correct in that since the whole Manuelgate thing the BBC are trying to take comedy back to the dark ages, nothing can be risque anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    InAs for public appearances, once you win gold you have a civic responsibility and public appearances are part of that.

Yes giving an interview to Bruce Forsyth is an ''civic responsbility'. Oh Tassium you have written some amount of anti beeb wank on these forums but this is an highlight even for you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Was it the newspaper who owns 30% of ITN?

;););)
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Adlington needs to get herself a sense of humour if she can be offended by a mild case of mockery.