Options

Candy Crush addiction - ( and other app addictions)

Comments

• Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, how the hell did people do level 181!? I get that the best strategy is to go for wrapped+striped combos but the candies they give me just aren't making that possible. Horrible level.
    If I wasn't this far in the game I'd definitely give up and never play it again. I have wasted so much time trying to do this stupid level :mad:
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Seriously, how the hell did people do level 181!? I get that the best strategy is to go for wrapped+striped combos but the candies they give me just aren't making that possible. Horrible level.
    If I wasn't this far in the game I'd definitely give up and never play it again. I have wasted so much time trying to do this stupid level :mad:

That level was horrible. I'd painstakingly try to make the correct combinations, only for a random candy to come down and ruin everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any problems with the game syncing to their phone? Every time I load the app on my phone it is a few levels behind where I got on the PC.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a dream last night that I completed level 213. It's not right that I'm now dreaming about this damn game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    Work on he bottom rows, then the top ones fill up on their own.

Hey, thanks for the advice but apparently all I had to do to pass the level was come on here and say I couldn't pass it! I completed it like 10 minutes later, lol. I'm now on 147.
    I had a dream last night that I completed level 213. It's not right that I'm now dreaming about this damn game.

That's definitely when you know you're addicted, eh? I haven't gotten that far yet but I can definitely see it happening!
  • Options
    PlebbianPlebbian Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I finally got through 213 last night! Might be stuck at 218 for a while though..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plebbian wrote: »
    I finally got through 213 last night! Might be stuck at 218 for a while though..

Wow that's excellent! How long did it take you to do 213? I've been at it for two weeks now :mad:
  • Options
    PlebbianPlebbian Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Three days it took me. I hate it when a level requires nothing but luck to pass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plebbian wrote: »
    Three days it took me. I hate it when a level requires nothing but luck to pass.

A lot of folk get stuck on 65 for weeks but I did it in less than an hour, just through luck.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    A lot of folk get stuck on 65 for weeks but I did it in less than an hour, just through luck.

That is very true

I did a level 181 yesterday and I had been on it for a week often not even getting close but that time I did it in 5 moves and ended up with the top score amongst my friends
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    harjam wrote: »
    I'm a busy mum of two who works full time with a hectic social life so why oh why and I'm sitting up half the night playing frigging Candy Crush!!!

I've never been one to get into app games but this is addictive!

Anyone lose struggling with an online/app game obsession?
    :D
    My son sent me this on Facebook saying I would love it ....I have not succumbed....yet . :D
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Level 202 is a bitch.:mad:

I am stuck on that one too! Looks easy to start with, but you still have to make 6 candies yourself, and the best I have done is 4, leaving 2 still to get. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    10 days now on level 65 - I don't know you, but I hate you :cry:

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silvilocks wrote: »

;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

;)

I'm still on Level 65 as well. Almost done it a couple of times with just one piece of jelly left :cry:
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Level 202 is a bitch.:mad:

Not as bad as 208. I've been stuck on 208 for over a week and finally completed it.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Not as bad as 208. I've been stuck on 208 for over a week and finally completed it.:D

Only to get stuck on 213 no doubt! It is driving me mad :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So far I have wasted an hour playing this infernal game. I only got up to get a glass of water.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Karen1974 wrote: »
    I'm still on Level 65 as well. Almost done it a couple of times with just one piece of jelly left :cry:

I've had one jelly left a few times now. And I've had super-fantastic-world-record-breaking-scores. But I can't get through it *wails hysterically*

Me and OH are both stuck on the same level - I have a feeling that whoever gets through first may well end up being murdered by the other :D Some things are unforgivable in a marriage!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been stuck on that level for days :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It took me weeks to get past that one. I did on a random go on Saturday night...in front of my friends. The cheer and squeal that came out of me, the excitement...before my friend reminded me I was playing computer games on a Saturday night and queried why I was a single 27year old...:o
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    It took me weeks to get past that one. I did on a random go on Saturday night...in front of my friends. The cheer and squeal that came out of me, the excitement...before my friend reminded me I was playing computer games on a Saturday night and queried why I was a single 27year old...:o

When I did level 65 I jumped up and did a dance around the living room.

Mum always thought I was odd anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had one jelly left a few times now. And I've had super-fantastic-world-record-breaking-scores. But I can't get through it *wails hysterically*

Me and OH are both stuck on the same level - I have a feeling that whoever gets through first may well end up being murdered by the other :D Some things are unforgivable in a marriage!

Oh blimey, no pressure then. :D Still on 65 btw. :cry:
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I did level 65 I jumped up and did a dance around the living room.

Mum always thought I was odd anyway
    When (if?) I do level 181 I will do a dance around my neighbourhood!
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Kinda related, I installed "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" on my phone the other day.

It seemed like quite a decent "world-building" game, even if you avoid paying for "donuts" to speed things along.

Alas, it seems to absolutely hammer the battery-life of my phone. It's as if it keeps running in the background and uses up your battery.
    For 3 or 4 days, pretty-much every time I left my phone unplugged from the charger I'd go to use it a few hours later and the battery would be flat again.
    That got it deleted.

Anyway, I had a look on google (looking for reports of it causing battery drain) and it turns out that the game has generated $50m in profit for EA since it was launched.
    That's not bad going for a "free" game. :o