Options

** Under The Dome - Season 1 (US PACE) **

Comments

• Options
    punkyfish50punkyfish50 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a Dome appear over part of a big city such as NY or LA would be an interesting scenario, half of the city trapped inside and half left outside (though there would have to be a reason for subways or other tunnels or sewers not to be used as escape routes).

Obvioiusly the social and cultural mix of those stuck inside would be very different from a rural small town.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a Dome appear over part of a big city such as NY or LA would be an interesting scenario, half of the city trapped inside and half left outside (though there would have to be a reason for subways or other tunnels or sewers not to be used as escape routes).

Obvioiusly the social and cultural mix of those stuck inside would be very different from a rural small town.

I think its been indicated that its actually a sphere rather than a Dome because the people of chestersmill have already tried to escape underground and the "dome" was there too. So in NYC and LA the subway and sewage tunnels would probably also be cut off if Domes appeared there too.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    The simple question (apart from why does such a small village have so many crazy people) is: The dome - why hasn't anyone tried to find the centre of it's circle to see what is generating the field?

It might be radioactive, electrified or explode on contact but let's touch it anyway just to make sure! :D
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    The simple question (apart from why does such a small village have so many crazy people) is: The dome - why hasn't anyone tried to find the centre of it's circle to see what is generating the field?

well seems they just did in that last episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Doesnt "seem" to be popular...it is! :)

And I do like it....had a rocky first few episodes, but its really coming in to its own lately...last 3 episode have been very strong.

:)

Anyway, have a look back through the thread...i've posted negatives and positives about the show

If you like it, why did you comment on the DS article about it's UK air date that it was "Pretty bland, watered down scifi. Probably in the same league as the god awful Falling Skies"? Or is that another GoshBagosh?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a505123/under-the-dome-launches-in-uk-on-big-brother-final-night.html#ixzz2bVNDycKG

Anyway, I'm still watching, but it's not in my must watch list. It's not a good adaptation of the book and I'm disappointed it's getting a second season as I find it hard to imagine them being able to drag out the storylines (in a satisfactory manner) for another season...at least.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a late arrival to this show but I'e caught up in the last few nights. It's hardly he greatest SF ever but I'm finding it very watchable in a lightweight way and is way ahead of the likes of Revolution. It does have a Jericho feel to it.

With any SF you can ignore (or forgive) any plot or science holes if the show has heart - and this does seem to. The dialogue may be fairly simplistic but it is a refreshing change from the current trend of TV to have characters mumbling incomprehensible lines the dark.

So far I'm enjoying it and I'm keen to find out where it is heading.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claymore95 wrote: »
    If you like it, why did you comment on the DS article about it's UK air date that it was "Pretty bland, watered down scifi. Probably in the same league as the god awful Falling Skies"? Or is that another GoshBagosh?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a505123/under-the-dome-launches-in-uk-on-big-brother-final-night.html#ixzz2bVNDycKG

Anyway, I'm still watching, but it's not in my must watch list. It's not a good adaptation of the book and I'm disappointed it's getting a second season as I find it hard to imagine them being able to drag out the storylines (in a satisfactory manner) for another season...at least.

Lol, GoshBagosh - you've been framed! :D:D
    Good work, Claymore! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Lol, GoshBagosh - you've been framed! :D:D
    Good work, Claymore! :D
    lol - That wasn't me, I just got off a 10 day ban :P

The last episode was great in my opinion...alot of movement, i'm wondering if the pregnant lady seeing the vision of her husband was something the dome did for a good reason or bad?

Not gonna lie...I teared up a little near the end. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I noticed the army referred to it as "Dome 1" so it's already possible more are out there. Perhaps we'll see Dome Day from the POV of another town - similar to the tail section in LOST.

Though, it would lose it's premise and be renamed to Under the Interchanging Domes.

Ah, yes, good point. Now that would be cool. It would be interesting to see "Dome Day" from the perspective of another town. Also, maybe Joe and Norrie can act as a medium to communicate with people in other Domes.

I do agree that Chester's Mill will lose their uniqueness if new Domes began appearing, but it's a good way to open up the story in new directions. The current premise will get old pretty quickly, so they will need to add something new into the mix to keep the story interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if its going to go in the direction of another Dome....they should wait until season 2 episode 2 or 3 before they bring it in. Obviously Chesters Mill will more then likely still be 90% of the focus for season 2, but it would be nice even if we got one season of domes poping up all over the world...maybe protecting a certain amount of communities from the portal that opens in new york city that unleashes dinosaurs from the past... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - That wasn't me, I just got off a 10 day ban :P

The last episode was great in my opinion...alot of movement, i'm wondering if the pregnant lady seeing the vision of her husband was something the dome did for a good reason or bad?

Not gonna lie...I teared up a little near the end. :(

Lol, so there's another GoshBagosh on DS who watches Under the Dome then? :p
    10 day ban? :eek:
    Who did you kill?! :eek: :D

Yes, I quite liked the last episode myself :). It was actually pretty good despite some iffy bits here and there. It proves "Under the Dome" has potential to be a top show if the writers showed more focus.
    I'm glad Joe and Norrie finally travelled to the centre of the Dome to find its power source (DS posters have been saying this for weeks!)
    What on earth is that device shaped as an egg? Is it the Dome's power source? Or something else? It seems to be protected by another mini-dome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Lol, so there's another GoshBagosh on DS who watches Under the Dome then? :p
    10 day ban? :eek:
    Who did you kill?! :eek: :D

Yes, I quite liked the last episode myself :). It was actually pretty good despite some iffy bits here and there. It proves "Under the Dome" has potential to be a top show if the writers showed more focus.
    I'm glad Joe and Norrie finally travelled to the centre of the Dome to find its power source (DS posters have been saying this for weeks!)
    What on earth is that device shaped as an egg? Is it the Dome's power source? Or something else? It seems to be protected by another mini-dome.
    Ehh I think I said something nasty in the BB forum! :D

I'm hoping that it is just that, an egg. With a creature inside it....

OHHHH NEW THEORY!!
    Its an egg, with a creature in it, and the dome is too keep in its food source, so when it hatches the mini dome opens, and the creature gets to roam free and hunt down its prey!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if its going to go in the direction of another Dome....they should wait until season 2 episode 2 or 3 before they bring it in. Obviously Chesters Mill will more then likely still be 90% of the focus for season 2, but it would be nice even if we got one season of domes poping up all over the world...maybe protecting a certain amount of communities from the portal that opens in new york city that unleashes dinosaurs from the past... :D

Agreed. Season 2 is a good time to bring in another Dome. Season 1 would be too early.

Yeah, Chester's Mill should always be the main focus, but it would be good to have some one-off episodes in another Dome. A bit like in Fringe, where you had some episodes set in the alternate universe. It would keep things fresh and interesting for the viewers that's for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ehh I think I said something nasty in the BB forum! :D

I'm hoping that it is just that, an egg. With a creature inside it....

OHHHH NEW THEORY!!
    Its an egg, with a creature in it, and the dome is too keep in its food source, so when it hatches the mini dome opens, and the creature gets to roam free and hunt down its prey!! :D

Haha interesting theory. So do you think the creature is some sort of alien experiment that was sent to Earth by its creators? The Dome is basically a cage to keep the creature imprisoned in a enclosed environment, so that it doesn't escape out into civilization.

Personally, I think the egg is the power source or something along those lines, but I like the theory nevertheless :D.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OHHHH NEW THEORY!!

That would be an interesting way for space creatures to procreate.

Short of an inside out wasp fly system. Instead of laying the eggs inside the host they lay the egg around loads of host, so that when they hatch, they have a captive food supply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be an interesting way for space creatures to procreate.

Short of an inside out wasp fly system. Instead of laying the eggs inside the host they lay the egg around loads of host, so that when they hatch, they have a captive food supply.
    Not gonna lie...I'm going to be extremely disappointing if this doesn't happen. :D
    ..and its on CBS, so I doubt it will..
  • Options
    sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping for Rose to somehow still be alive :( glad the Angie and junior thing has moved on and I wish the other lesbian had died :s sorry but she annoys me!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glad the Angie and junior thing has moved on

Ha-ha, you wish! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Ha-ha, you wish! :D

At least she's out of the shelter I meant lol. Please don't tell me she ends up there again!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least she's out of the shelter I meant lol. Please don't tell me she ends up there again!!!!

I've no idea what's going to happen but I'm pretty certain Junior has not finished stalking Angie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    I've no idea what's going to happen but I'm pretty certain Junior has not finished stalking Angie.

I can handle that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really hoping for Rose to somehow still be alive :( glad the Angie and junior thing has moved on and I wish the other lesbian had died :s sorry but she annoys me!!
    Nooohh Why would you say that??

Aisha Hinds who plays the "other Lesbian" is a great actress! :)

I've been a fan since she played a park ranger on INVASION
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really hoping for Rose to somehow still be alive :( glad the Angie and junior thing has moved on and I wish the other lesbian had died :ssorry but she annoys me!!
    I agree! There's just something really irritating about her.

Alice on the other hand was much more interesting, useful (a doctor) and I think played by a better actress. One of the few I actually remember the name of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I think it will be interesting to see the relationship between Noiree and Carolyn now that Alice is dead.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "the Monarch will be crowned" - I'm guessing that prophecy has something to do with Angie since she has a tattoo of a Monarch butterfly on her shoulder