Options

Post X Factor Improvement

JennteaJenntea Posts: 58
Forum Member
Are there any acts that you disliked on the show only to really enjoy their material afterwards?

& vice versa!

I didn't think much of either Rebecca or Ella on the show but absolutely love their martial now. Same for 1D actually, they're a lot of fun and getting better and better.

I loved James Arthur on the show but have come to dislike his material and general attitude since leaving. Alexandra too, she was fab on the show but her material was awful.

Comments

• Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't stand Little Mix but think they've come out with some great pop songs since winning. I don't think I've really gone the other way with any of them as nobody on the programme has really blown me away to the extent that I've wanted to follow their careers afterwards.
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few. I liked Alexandra, Maria, Diana, JLS and Little Mix on the show but not really their material afterwards. Some songs I did but not enough to buy their albums.
    I wasn't a big fan of Matt on the show, although I didn't mind him if that makes sense, but I like the material he put out after. I didn't really like Shayne either but I like his debut album.

We'll see where Ben and Fleur go as I enjoyed both on the show this year. I think Leona and Rebecca are the only ones I liked on the show and afterwards.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm about to say One Direction...
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm about to say One Direction...

The latest album is very good.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated Matt Cardle's material.

Enjoyed some of JLS material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really disappointed with Matt Cardle's material after the show, but once he got away from Syco, his later stuff was better.

I loved James Arthur and thought he was going to be the big X Factor star who would prove that winning really was something worth doing - instead I didn't like his music and he turned out to be pretty much mentally ill :o The stuff on You Tube he did just after winning though, with just him and the guitar, is still amazing.

Totally bizarre one, but I didn't like Rhydian when he was on, but now I am into classical music more, I really like his stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    The latest album is very good.

I really like that their music is able to mature with them, if that makes sense? It does make me wonder how long they'll play their older stuff for on your though!
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona Lewis
    Little Mix
    Union J

didnt like them on the programme but loved their post x factor stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, I have never met anyone who likes union j but I adore them too! They're fun and their songs are catchy as anything.
  • Options
    beauty-1beauty-1 Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought One Direction were quite ordinary during the show, overly pushed by Simon. But now I'm quite fond of them. I like most of their songs and think they have matured into good artists and performers.