Options

Plusnet Fibre woes...:(

kmmoorekmmoore Posts: 357
Forum Member
Just wondering what people's take on this are:

I had Plusnet Fibre installed 10 days ago, Infinity 1 (40/20), and they took my phone line too.

I already had my telephone with another provider (so not an in-house Plusnet upgrade), and everything seemed to go perfectly.

Fibre installed on arranged date, nice fast speeds, very happy.

Then 5 days later, my telephone line went dead.

I spoke to Plusnet, and it appears that instead of issueing a line transfer request (to bring my telephone line to Plusnet from my previous supplier), they sent a Cease Line request instead.

Consequently, no telephone line, and hence no internet.

Plusnet got my telephone line reconnected 3 days later (so no landline at all for that time), but they could simply re-activate my broadband, they had to put a complete new order in, and I have been told today that my re-install date is January 8th...

Anyway, as a means of compensation, Plusnet have offered me 3 months free internet, but to be honest, I am going to be without internet over the whole of the Christmas & New year period, and I feel that 3 months free internet is far from adequate compensation for such an inconvenience.

They have refused to offer anything else, and say that the date of January 8th is now in the hands of BT installers, and there is nothing else that they can do...

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that they have made a complete mess of this, and that 3 months free Fibre is paltry compensation?

I'd appreciate your thoughts, and also some advice on what (if any) steps are available to me now...

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Am I being unreasonable in thinking that they have made a complete mess of this, and that 3 months free Fibre is paltry compensation?
    No you are not being unreasonable. That would really annoy me at any time of the year but especially over Christmas/New Year.

They have just put you to the back of the Openreach queue for their mistake, if it was your mistake you would be offered nothing in the way of compensation.

You could try Emailing the CEO andy.baker@plus.net stating the date you ordered the package and dates you were cut off, reinstated (phone) and the expected reinstall date Jan 8th.

If he got to see the Email he would be able to get your internet up and running in a day or two.
    BT own Plusnet and Openreach, it would only take a couple of phone calls. Supposedly BT can't tell Plusnet or Openreach what to do as they are separate companies but personally I don't believe that some strings can't be pulled for their Gross error.

If you hear nothing in a few days try their Forum, Twitter, Facebook. Stay polite but vent your frustration and say how important it is to keep in touch with elderly relatives using Skype (or anything else you can think of).
    Try Watchdog.

None of these may work but you will feel better for trying and if it was me and they did nothing I would cancel and go somewhere else (another thing to let them know) but only when all other avenues are exhausted.

Good luck.

Edit: don't forget their slogan ''We'll do you proud'' .... I would slip that into all correspondence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much for the advice :)

I will email Andy Baker in the morning, but I don't hold out a lot of hope...

I'm glad I wasn't being unreasonable. I didn't know that was their slogan...I'll certainly strategically put it in the email.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
    Kevin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just want to say thanks again Lion for the advice...

I emailed Andy Baker, and 30 minutes later a senior Plusnet service manager telephoned me, and I now have my broadband re-install set for Monday (22nd)...

He almost managed to get me tomorrow, but it was just too late in the day to confirm it, so because of the weekend, Monday was the first day possible.

He was really good, and sorted things out without any hassle or fuss in a matter of a few minutes.

Looks like Christmas will be back on after all!!

Fingers crossed :)

Thanks...
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Thats great news, I hope all goes according to plan.