Farewell GHD's!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
Forum Member
My beloved pink GHD's died last weekend (they kind of exploded with a loud pop!!) so I decided to take the plunge and try a competitor. Found these online:

http://www.boots.com/en/Lee-Stafford-Poker-Straight-Superhero-Straighteners_951313/

I am SO impressed!!!! My hair is really curly and frizzy and GHD's have been the only thing that has tamed my mane but these do just a good job, probably even a better job! And they were on offer at £39.99! GHD's are so pricy and I just couldn't afford another pair so I'm really chuffed with my new Lee Stafford ones. Highly recommended and I'd never go back to GHD's!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year my GHD's set on fire at the top of the cable, I decided not to buy more after that so I am currently using some Remmington ones I had for Christmas from my boyfriend. These were only around £40 and are briliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are GHD'S still blowing up.? I had a pair that did this about 7 years ago. I thought they'd have fixed this problem by now.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have really long, thick wavy hair and have tried numerous hair straightners, but only Ghd's work. On my second pair, my first lasted 6 years and didn't blow up. I think it's quite telling that when I go to Toni & Guy, they never use their own brand of hair straightners, only Ghd's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Are you sure the one's that are blowing up are not fake ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    No def not fake ones as I got them direct from GHD - think its just general wear and tear as I've had them about 4 years and they get used everyday for around half an hour.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have really long, thick wavy hair and have tried numerous hair straightners, but only Ghd's work. On my second pair, my first lasted 6 years and didn't blow up. I think it's quite telling that when I go to Toni & Guy, they never use their own brand of hair straightners, only Ghd's

GHD wide plate straighteners are just bloody fantastic for my long thick curly hair. I've tried many others too, but none of them come close to the GHDs. Thin ones are just pointless on my hair too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Elainey wrote: »
    No def not fake ones as I got them direct from GHD - think its just general wear and tear as I've had them about 4 years and they get used everyday for around half an hour.

I have only had my Rare GHD's for about a year, so I have this to look foward to :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I have only had my Rare GHD's for about a year, so I have this to look foward to :(

I think for the amount of use you get out of GHDs over the years, they're worth the money even if they do blow up.

I've had my older pair for going on 4 years, and so far no signs of exploding :) I'm more worried about my new ones as they seem excessively hot...
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    wow... mine have never blown up, I'm on the same pair, for 7 years now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I've heard this a lot about GHD'S, but i'm on my second pair in ten years and this has never happened to me.

ruby