Options

Tickets

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Cuzzz wrote: »
    do you guys try for singles or doubles? I go for doubles and it is really frustrating when tickets just don't crop up.

Iceland versus Ghana / France versus Serbia handball 8.30 in the morning, category E and no tickets available?:rolleyes:

The countries may not be the same but there not exactly prime tickets yet I NEVER get any tickets offered. it's depressing:(

Handball is a fast exciting sport - and its not over in 10 seconds like some events!:D
  • Options
    Aphrodite7Aphrodite7 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Yep, they ask for that and also the Visa card you made the purchase with and some photo ID - but I wasn't asked to show either of the last two when I went up there earlier today.

Great- thank you. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    any more tickets?? or is it done for the day??
  • Options
    jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do you guys try for singles or doubles? I go for doubles and it is really frustrating when tickets just don't crop up.

Iceland versus Ghana / France versus Serbia handball 8.30 in the morning, category E and no tickets available?:rolleyes:

The countries may not be the same but there not exactly prime tickets yet I NEVER get any tickets offered. it's depressing:(

Of late, I've just been trying for singles, but that's only because I've been going for athletics and cycling. I've managed to get 2 singles for 2 separate athletics sessions, so that's my tactic now, where I want to go with someone we'll just have to sit on our own! When going for tickets, it seems you can't stop to think for a moment or hesitate, you just have to go for it and hope for the best. Are you going to any other events? Best of luck with the ticket hunt!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I'm going to miss this thread once the tickets are all done and dusted I've had fun (and frustration) hunting for tickets but it's definitely kept me occupied!
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim85 wrote: »
    I'm going to miss this thread once the tickets are all done and dusted I've had fun (and frustration) hunting for tickets but it's definitely kept me occupied!

yes, it's why i am still hanging out here even though i am not going to buy any more tickets....:D
  • Options
    rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've loved the thrill of the chase! I have officially finished ticket hunting now that I have got the elusive Velodrome tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosalynn wrote: »
    I've loved the thrill of the chase! I have officially finished ticket hunting now that I have got the elusive Velodrome tickets.

awesome!:)

I damn near passed out when i got mine, lol! :D

when you going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, it's so addictive! It's adding to the thrill of the event! I got one ticket for CT008E (Chris Hoy keirin qualifying!), I'm just looking for one more cycling ticket (really hoping it happens), as I might have to pass this one on :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, it's so addictive! It's adding to the thrill of the event! I got one ticket for CT008E (Chris Hoy keirin qualifying!), I'm just looking for one more cycling ticket (really hoping it happens), as I might have to pass this one on :(

I have CT003C :)
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    yes, it's why i am still hanging out here even though i am not going to buy any more tickets....:D

Well we have the excitement of sharing our experiences in terms of where we end up sitting - let alone the queue tails when people go to the ticket box office and find out there is a 3 hour wait to get their tickets and their session starts in 90 minutes!

Maybe I will also find out why I have been emailed 3 times over 10 days to say my hockey tickets for one session have been resold (hopefully not resold 3 times to 3 different people!) given I returned my tickets by secure post as instructed ages ago - that's assuming someone in customer services actually ever does pick up the phone when you call:

Who knows what ticketing dramas are still to come!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!:)

I damn near passed out when i got mine, lol! :D

when you going?
    Me too. The Velodrome is my favourite 2012 venue, and I do always enjoy the cycling. I got CT008E which is on the 7th of August. Had the Ben Marsh tracker up all day and nearly fell off my seat when my computer beeped. Thought they were ghost tickets at first as I couldn't get to check out, then nearly fell off my seat again when I got to the checkout.
    It is! That's the same session as me - didn't realise Chris Hoy would be doing his kerin qualifying, it was just one of the random track cycling sessions I selected, so that's even better.

Also good is how small the velodrome looks - I think everyone there will be quite on top of the action.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    After a long wait today...am giving up for the day....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. The Velodrome is my favourite 2012 venue, and I do always enjoy the cycling.

It's beautiful, isn't it? Friend of mine was there for the test event and said it's the best cycling venue he's ever seen (and he has seen a lot!) :)
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stopped looking now as I have enough for a full trip to London on Sunday and a (skive off work) on Monday. I may try next week for some more tickets for the middle weekend as I only have one event then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's beautiful, isn't it? Friend of mine was there for the test event and said it's the best cycling venue he's ever seen (and he has seen a lot!) :)
    Yes, it really is gorgeous. I know it's quite conservative capacity-wise because I think it's one of the few venues not to (substantially) change after the games, but despite being a category E it looks like I will get a great view.

Congrats on snagging tickets, too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. The Velodrome is my favourite 2012 venue, and I do always enjoy the cycling. I got CT008E which is on the 7th of August. Had the Ben Marsh tracker up all day and nearly fell off my seat when my computer beeped. Thought they were ghost tickets at first as I couldn't get to check out, then nearly fell off my seat again when I got to the checkout.

It is! That's the same session as me - didn't realise Chris Hoy would be doing his kerin qualifying, it was just one of the random track cycling sessions I selected, so that's even better.

Also good is how small the velodrome looks - I think everyone there will be quite on top of the action.

I went for the test event in February on the Friday night - Pendleton and Varnish broke the world record in the team sprint and the women's team pursuit also got the world record. It was probably one of the most spectacular sporting experiences I have had in my life (I'd say I've been to watch quite a lot of sport). The venue is incredible, amazing atmosphere and such an exciting sport to watch as well. Did you manage to get a pair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's brilliant, glad you saw a bit of history being made - hopefully there'll be lots of that over the next few weeks :) It looks like such a rush, and Kerin always makes me chuckle with the moped :D I did get a pair, not sure who I will be going with yet though. Hope you manage to either see the session you got tickets for, or get some alternatives.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for the test event in February on the Friday night - Pendleton and Varnish broke the world record in the team sprint and the women's team pursuit also got the world record. It was probably one of the most spectacular sporting experiences I have had in my life (I'd say I've been to watch quite a lot of sport). The venue is incredible, amazing atmosphere and such an exciting sport to watch as well. Did you manage to get a pair?

I was also there that night. Fantastic. Sadly it won't have the same atmosphere for one reason. They will have at least 2/3 of the 6000 capacity velodrome as non British support.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Of late, I've just been trying for singles, but that's only because I've been going for athletics and cycling. I've managed to get 2 singles for 2 separate athletics sessions, so that's my tactic now, where I want to go with someone we'll just have to sit on our own! When going for tickets, it seems you can't stop to think for a moment or hesitate, you just have to go for it and hope for the best. Are you going to any other events? Best of luck with the ticket hunt!

Sounds soppy but I'd rather go with my Dad or not at all. If it means watching it at home It's not too bad, as long as I get a taste.

Yep, got Boxing tickets for Monday and still looking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's brilliant, glad you saw a bit of history being made - hopefully there'll be lots of that over the next few weeks :) It looks like such a rush, and Kerin always makes me chuckle with the moped :D I did get a pair, not sure who I will be going with yet though. Hope you manage to either see the session you got tickets for, or get some alternatives.

Yeah, here's hoping I can get another ticket for cycling...! It was so stressful getting that ticket though, I somehow managed to do it from my phone on the way home from work...!
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what date you going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds soppy but I'd rather go with my Dad or not at all. If it means watching it at home It's not too bad, as long as I get a taste.

Yep, got Boxing tickets for Monday and still looking

Nah, I think that's fair enough, not soppy at all. I'm going to the boxing on the evening of Tuesday, 7th August. Should be a good one as apparently there are 2 GB gold medal hopes in that session.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    i think i have refreshed the page to many times and cant get access to the website because its forbidden, has anyone else had this problem? Will it go away because i am desperate to get some more tickets and it means i cant use home computer
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i am addicted tothis thread lol

i won;t ever get cycling tickets:(
This discussion has been closed.