Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Comments

• OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that i'm fullu up to date with the show i'm wondering who actually wrote the Fairy Tale Story Book. If I would have to guess I would say:
    The Blue Fairy?

As I think there is something very secretive about that character.
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    OrdinaryMorning - I doubt it will be her. In the last couple of seasons she has been a cameo character and is currently presumed dead after being sucked up into the sorcerer's hat.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OrdinaryMorning - I doubt it will be her. In the last couple of seasons she has been a cameo character and is currently presumed dead after being sucked up into the sorcerer's hat.

I really don't think she's dead, I expect those in the hat to return at some point.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the author is Merlin.

Just a hunch though.
  • MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Can anyone confirm to me that I didn't dream that in one of the earlier seasons (can't remember if it was 1 or 2!) we saw August/Pinocchio change some of the pages in the book? I always thought he had something to do with the book because of this.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm to me that I didn't dream that in one of the earlier seasons (can't remember if it was 1 or 2!) we saw August/Pinocchio change some of the pages in the book? I always thought he had something to do with the book because of this.

He did, I think he added the story of Pinocchio to it.

I've no idea who the writer is but I think it's going to be a big twist so I'm looking forward to it.
  • MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    He did, I think he added the story of Pinocchio to it.

I've no idea who the writer is but I think it's going to be a big twist so I'm looking forward to it.

Ah thanks for the reminder! I couldn't remember why he did it! :blush:
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_Toots_x wrote: »
    Am I the only person still enjoying this series? It's just easy, enjoyable watching. I don't think every program needs long, drawn out plots and confusing arcs.

I'm hoping that the Frozen characters don't all just disappear as I really enjoyed them.

Nope I love it and am still enjoying it immensely. I'm still catching up with the fourth season though after an extended hospital stay so I've not got to the mid season finale yet.
  • LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy this show. I like how everything is interlinked and foreshadowed and the work done to character's development and the couples development...

My fave is Emma/Hook. I love their slow burn build up and i love the individual characters they are. My fave has always been Emma since season 1, and its her journey that i have always loved and stayed on with her
  • x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Is there a return date yet? I'm getting impatient. Thank
  • LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_Toots_x wrote: »
    Is there a return date yet? I'm getting impatient. Thank

March 1st.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    LNS wrote: »
    March 1st.

anxiously waiting for 1st march
  • x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Thank you. Can't wait. :)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So good to have OUAT back. I have missed it.

Good episode. Gold got back into Storybrooke a bit too easily but better than being dragged out I guess. Will be interesting to see the various story lines develop.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    So good to have OUAT back. I have missed it.

Good episode. Gold got back into Storybrooke a bit too easily but better than being dragged out I guess. Will be interesting to see the various story lines develop.

Isn't it just :D

I assumed that Rumple would be in the boot after Cruella and Ursula got in the car with the scroll lol. With Maleficent's fate in Storybrooke it made sense they would end up in town quite quickly.

The only shame was the Emma reveal. Even with the trailer it still came across as very obvious that the winged beast was after Emma not Regina. Mainly because of the constant 'I'm the most evil' lines from Regina.

The most intruging bit had to be Charming & Snow's secret. I can't wait to find out what they could have done that would be that bad!
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good first episode with lots of potential loved cruella and would like to see a scene with her and pongo .
    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that rumple is still bad I liked his relationship with Henry and belle I wonder if he is going to set this all up and then step up to save the day . In a way to try and redeem himself looking forward to the next episode
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Even though I love her look it bugs me seeing Cruella in the Enchanted Forest, she sticks out like a sore thumb. I would have liked to see here in something more appropriate for the location. Imagine Cruella in a fabulous black corset dress, similar to Regina's style, but still with the coat.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a a question. I stopped watching the show when the Frozen thing started, as I had no interest in the storyline for it. Just wanted to know, how long does the story base around Frozen for? I want to get back into the show, but would like to skip the Frozen thing altogether. Thanks :)
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask a a question. I stopped watching the show when the Frozen thing started, as I had no interest in the storyline for it. Just wanted to know, how long does the story base around Frozen for? I want to get back into the show, but would like to skip the Frozen thing altogether. Thanks :)

Half a season. The Frozen stuff was pretty good. It was more about the Snow Queen (not Elsa, a new character) that happened to feature Frozen characters.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no interest in Frozen from the movie point of view but quite enjoyed the storyline in OUAT. I think it is worth watching too as there is the running thread of villains getting a happy ending that is carried on.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I love her look it bugs me seeing Cruella in the Enchanted Forest, she sticks out like a sore thumb. I would have liked to see here in something more appropriate for the location. Imagine Cruella in a fabulous black corset dress, similar to Regina's style, but still with the coat.

I felt this too. Also thought the portrayal was completely over the top.

I realise she's a comic book villain. But so are all of the villains on this show, almost all the characters in fact are comic book characters. But are portrayed as people. It seems for some reason they have decided not to do this with Cruella. So far anyway.

So for me she sticks out like a sore thumb in every respect.

Also utterly bored of Rumple. Don't care what he's doing or why at this point.

Still looking forward to finding out who wrote Henry's book. I believe Blue knows more than she's letting on.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    I love how people stop watching because of Frozen, like they're making some kind of statement, or have no interest because (insert X crappy reason).

It's still the same show. Sigh. The Frozen arc was pretty good and certainly not dire enough to make anyone stop watching.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    I love how people stop watching because of Frozen, like they're making some kind of statement, or have no interest because (insert X crappy reason).

It's still the same show. Sigh. The Frozen arc was pretty good and certainly not dire enough to make anyone stop watching.

I enjoyed the frozen ark! When I saw the snow I had hoped Narnia but I enjoyed the frozen story anyway.

I love the fact that this show is in the unique position of being able to capitalise on the success of pretty much any fairytale/fantasy type film. And use those characters to boost its ratings and put a different spin on them.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half a season. The Frozen stuff was pretty good. It was more about the Snow Queen (not Elsa, a new character) that happened to feature Frozen characters.

Oh right. I might give it a watch then, since I don't have much each to watch at the moment. Thanks!
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I have no interest in Frozen from the movie point of view but quite enjoyed the storyline in OUAT. I think it is worth watching too as there is the running thread of villains getting a happy ending that is carried on.

That's cool. Maybe I'll enjoy it then. I only watched a few early episodes of this season, so hopefully I'll start liking it again as much as I loved the first three seasons!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught the new episode earlier as well. Good stuff. I agree that Gold got back in a bit too easily but I think i'd prefer that to seeing him trying, and failing, to get back in for a few episodes.

Be interesting to see where they go with everyone. Considering the show is said to be almost certain for a fifth season, will they keep Gold as a villain or turn him good again?. That could get a teeny bit repetitive i think, but we'll see.

Nice little foreshadowing tidbit of Emma having the most potential for a dark heart though :)