Any Geri Halliwell Fans on here?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Geri though:) It is sunday now sadly. :mad:

Yeah, I'm talking about her music though if you'd read my actual post back before you comment. :)

And Saturday, Sunday.. it's all the same :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt it! do you know Feel The Fear?

The sun won't shine soo bright! One of my fave's from Passion :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i also say to the negative people this isnt anyone like Geri Halliwell or Geri Halliwell what do you think of her, Its actually
    Any Geri Halliwell Fans on here, so if your not a fan go away and be negative somewhere else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sun won't shine soo bright! One of my fave's from Passion :)

Isnt it beautiful would`ve been a good single! plus i keep
    saying to people Geri write all her music (apart from Its Raining Men)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! This thread is crazy! I haven't listened to Geri in 12 years, and because of this thread I'm listening to all the songs that I remember her singing!

Look at Me is still awesome as is Ma Chico Latino and Lift Me Up. I didn't remember Bag it Up being as good as it is. I don't remember Ride It, it's fun electropop!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »
    Lol! This thread is crazy! I haven't listened to Geri in 12 years, and because of this thread I'm listening to all the songs that I remember her singing!

Look at Me is still awesome as is Ma Chico Latino and Lift Me Up. I didn't remember Bag it Up being as good as it is. I don't remember Ride It, it's fun electropop![/QUOTE

Hey your not the only one alot of my mates have forgotten her but if your liking her again then please give her a chance with her new album that shes set to release!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your a dj im a song take me out and turn me on let yourself go ill be riding it! its brill! didnt the guy her co-wrote ride it also co write Britneys Cirus song or another Britney song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    qwerty282 wrote: »

Look at Me is still awesome as is Ma Chico Latino and Lift Me Up. I didn't remember Bag it Up being as good as it is. I don't remember Ride It, it's fun electropop![/QUOTE

Hey your not the only one alot of my mates have forgotten her but if your liking her again then please give her a chance with her new album that shes set to release!

well Ivan, I will be on this new album like a tramp on chips! i can't wait :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well Ivan, I will be on this new album like a tramp on chips! i can't wait :D:D

Thats nice to know Geri needs her fans. Also share the chips out spread the word!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats nice to know Geri needs her fans. Also share the chips out spread the word!

Lol :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol :p

Cool but dont you wish she had an offcial dvd out there with music vids on and performances like Bag It UP at the brits 2000. OMG 11 years ago;)
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ****ing love Geri Halliwell.

Spice Girls would have been nothing without her, IMO. Just look at their 3rd album. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cool but dont you wish she had an offcial dvd out there with music vids on and performances like Bag It UP at the brits 2000. OMG 11 years ago;)

Yeah I do! I loved that performance, with those big legs! Goodness always come's out of a good set of legs ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I do! I loved that performance, with those big legs! Goodness always come's out of a good set of legs ;)

snt she naughty well she was Sexy Spice sorry Ginger
    Spice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ****ing love Geri Halliwell.

Spice Girls would have been nothing without her, IMO. Just look at their 3rd album. :o

That is true Geri made the spice girls with the others girls ofcourse but Geri was the one.
  • UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her very first album. Someone Watching Over Me is her best song and should have been a single after Bag It Up.

Beautiful song. Its about the death of her father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrXziBF3xI8

You can say what you want about Geri but she is a very good pop song writer.
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are times when I thought Geri should not have released that song, its really a load of tosh.

Then there are other songs that should have made singles, and are absolutely stunning. One of those, which I absolutely adore, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned yet, is Walk Away. Absolutely fabulous ballad.
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Listening to "Heaven & Hell (Being Geri Halliwell) the lines at the end when the song fades always makes me :D
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE Geri!! And I'm not afraid to admit she's my fave female singer (I know some people will hate me describing her as a singer) ever. Her voice isn't for everyone but for me it's just the perfect female singing voice. Tuneful, doesnt do all the Mariah/Whitney vibratos so she's easy to sing along with. She makes brilliant pop tunes with great melodies and you can tell that she writes most of her own lyrics because some of them are very Geri lol.

I just wish she hadn't of let the disappointing sales of 'Passion' stop her recording music for her loyal fans who want more from her. Really hoping recent rumours of a comeback are true and it's not just that girlband she's also rumoured to be managing.

She was ruined by lack of mainstream radio support imo. After It's Raining Men, Radio 1 seemed to completely give up on her and stopped playing her records :(
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the first two but im going with Passion her voice really improved and Love Never Loved Me OMG!

I must be one of the few who prefer her voice before she got the nodules removed from her throat and it was all husky and sexy a la 'Goodnight Kiss' :D
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    Best ever single by Geri was the B side to Scream If You Wanna Go Faster and it was called Breaking Glass.

It really should have been on the album and a single in its own right.

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccb1vcG2Txo
  • Selina KyleSelina Kyle Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Another big Geri fan!

My favourite single is probably Mi Chico Latino.

Speaking of B sides I loved Summertime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq0DRAeteyM

Her voice was at its best on those indie sort of songs.
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love geri what about loving me back to life love the line to win the war is to not play the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i LOVE Ms Halliwell!!!

her and Mel C were my faves in the Spice girls!!!! i mean without her their third album sucked arse! SPICE and SPICEWORLD are timeless!!!

and i have geris debut album! VERY good and summery still! i LOVE Lift Me Up! and Mi Chico Latino <3 WOOOO!!!

i love her voice, very husky sounding and retro! i don give a crap that people say she cant sing! if Cheryl can have a career, why not geri with more range! WOOOO!!!
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not ashamed to admit I think Look at me & Mi Chico Latino were two of the best 1990s pop songs ever recorded.