Ashes to diamond

PopadopalousPopadopalous Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know any reputable and well known companies that turns ashes in to diamonds?

While thinking about what to get my mother for christmas, I thought turning her sisters ashes in to a diamond would be a perfect gift as my mum has everything else she's ever wanted so finding a gift for her is proving difficult.

She was particularly close to her sister so this seems like something she'd cherish forever.

Thanks

Comments

• starinyoureyestarinyoureye Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't comment on who would be able to do this but if I were you I'd steer clear of getting this done as a Christmas present. This strikes me as something you need to think about together before making the decision to do it. It's also quite a morbid thing to get someone for Christmas but I guess everyone is different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Google ashes into glass, I've seen lots of reviews from people and they seem a very good company.its not diamonds but they make lovely jewellery and other gifts such as paperweights from your loved ones ashes.

I agree with above though it could be a gift you should discuss together, although every family is different so who knows!
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for prior discussion: this is a cherished one's remains, after all, and the process is irreversible. Although you've had time to reflect on the idea, I'd suggest treading super-gently on this one, rather than proceeding, as a surprise.
  • PopadopalousPopadopalous Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They only require a small amount of ashes so it'll still leave her with some.. I'll speak to her and see what she wants. From what I've read, they only take the carbon from the ashes so it doesn't really make a diamond out of the ashes.. If that's the case then the diamond would be no more of her sister than a strip of metal would.

I'll certainly discuss it with her
  • ladydragonladydragon Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once I've got the pennies together I'm going to get one of the paperweights from Ashes to Glass... My children want rings too so it'll be a bit of an expensive thing... :)

I (personally) think it's a lovely thing to do but I would chat to your mum first just to check she's going to be ok with taking the small amount that'll be needed...