Options

Humax PVR-9300T: Does Your One Do This?

Comments

• Options
    0100110101001101 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    dba421 wrote: »
    Interesting that it only started happening after DSO. Winter Hill is my transmitter also. I wonder if the problem happens from any other transmitter. I guess it must be a bug in the Humax software. I had the latest 9150T software installed (1.00.18).

My signal comes from the Stockland Hill transmitter. I didn't get my PVR until after the switchover, so I can't comment on any problems before then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    01001101 wrote: »
    My signal comes from the Stockland Hill transmitter. I didn't get my PVR until after the switchover, so I can't comment on any problems before then.

If pughj didn't have the problems before DSO then it is possible that their PVR has had a post DSO software update which introduced the problem with the newer software. It is really odd though how it only seems to affect Family Guy/American Dad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    My 9300 problem did not start with a software update - it was DSO (I had no problems before DSO). I had hoped that software version 19 earlier this year would solve the problem, but it did not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I forgot to mention that my PVR had an over-the-air software update a little while back, which it indicated when I switched it on the next morning, but it has jumped on one programme that I had recorded since then.

If it does it again I'll make a note of which channel I had recorded, in case this problem is specific to certain channels, which it does appear to be at this stage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine keeps freezing for a split second intermittantly on Ch4, and its other channels like film4, E4!
  • Options
    IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    9300t - version 19. I have problems 1 & 3, unsure about 2.

Last saw problem 1 at the end of Desperate Housewives. MrsPVR unimpressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have finally made a successful recording of Family Guy but on a PVR-9200T!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Congratulations! I hope you make the most of it! :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Yes! Mine does this too. Only had it a couple of days but Family Guy recordings off BBC3 go nuts halfway through - they jump randomly and the AV goes completely out of sync.

This is surely more than a coincidence no? Is it worth email Humax to make them aware of this issue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's four of us now! :-) I've no idea how these things work, but surely this points towards there being something amiss with BBC's transmitted data for these particular programmes that the PVR has trouble with.

If it was a Humax PVR problem then surely it would to it with recordings on all channels.

It might be worth speaking to Humax about it. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of people have mentioned this to them already. They may not be aware that it occurs with specific programmes though as people might just be complaining about it as a presumed fault with the PVR and not having any reason to even think that the problem only happens on specific programmes/channels.

It was just lucky that dba421 mentioned Family Guy because I didn't mention that in my original post as I didn't think it was relevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have now made several good recordings of Family Guy on a PVR-9200T. Although I have returned the PVR-9150T as being faulty I have emailed Humax support about this issue and it might be worthwhile others doing the same. It can be fixed as my PVR-9200T can cope with Family Guy.
  • Options
    Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 9300t has started missing odd scheduled recordings. I didn't get Grand Prix Practice this morning, or Ashes to Ashes fire up.

Maybe a small mishap... Maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't had any missed recordings within a series, nor any missed single scheduled recordings, but mine sometimes stops recording episodes of a scheduled series without warning, then recording no further episodes.

I've read about this before with various PVRs and apparently it's the fault of the television company changing a code for some unknown reason, which the PVR doesn't know about!
  • Options
    TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum and Dad use the Humax PVR-9300T PVR in there bedroom.

If I rescan there PVR as they have not updated it for a bit will it lose all there scheduled recording that they have set up? I hope not.

When ever I rescan my Topfiled TF5800PVR that does not lose the scheduled recording that I have set up.

Also can you rename channel on the Humax PVR-9300T PVR so that I can rename SKY THREE to Sky3 like I have done on my Topfiled TF5800PVR?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    01001101 wrote: »
    I haven't had any missed recordings within a series, nor any missed single scheduled recordings, but mine sometimes stops recording episodes of a scheduled series without warning, then recording no further episodes.

I've read about this before with various PVRs and apparently it's the fault of the television company changing a code for some unknown reason, which the PVR doesn't know about!

I've had that fairly often. If you look in the recording schedule you'll see old, past-dated entries for the programs which have been transmitted with the wrong code.

I check weekly for these, reschedule the series if it's still running, then delete them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TV King wrote: »
    My mum and Dad use the Humax PVR-9300T PVR in there bedroom.

If I rescan there PVR as they have not updated it for a bit will it lose all there scheduled recording that they have set up? I hope not.

When ever I rescan my Topfiled TF5800PVR that does not lose the scheduled recording that I have set up.

Also can you rename channel on the Humax PVR-9300T PVR so that I can rename SKY THREE to Sky3 like I have done on my Topfiled TF5800PVR?

A restore to factory defaults or a full channel scan will lose the scheduled recordings I think. The library should be fine. My old Fusion was the same so I think you are lucky with the Topfield handling it better.

Not sure about channel renaming. Have you checked the FAQs?
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    A format, a restore to factory defaults or a full channel scan will lose the scheduled recordings I think.

A format will not affect the recording schedule. A reset to defaults will delete it. I think what happems with a channel scan depends on whether you delete all channels first (which is the correct way to do things) when the recording schedule will be lost. If you don't delete all channels then the recording schedule may be preserved but I am not sure because of changes to the channel scanning software in recent versions of the 9150/9300 software.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A format will not affect the recording schedule. A reset to defaults will delete it. I think what happems with a channel scan depends on whether you delete all channels first (which is the correct way to do things) when the recording schedule will be lost. If you don't delete all channels then the recording schedule may be preserved but I am not sure because of changes to the channel scanning software in recent versions of the 9150/9300 software.
    Edited my post. I have a 9300t but I haven't tried a format yet. I thought I'd read that it would drop the schedule but maybe I'm thinking of the Fusion.

I also wasn't aware you could delete all channels before a scan but I would definitely expect to lose my schedule that way. I'm not going to test it for sure!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IWantPVR,

Yes, I've noticed that in my recording schedule list. I must get rid of those old scheduled recordings. I don't go into that section very often.

TV King,

Mine didn't lose the scheduled recordings when I did a scan for new channels. I've done it a couple of times and didn't notice that I had lost anything.

I've just checked the user manual to see it there is any mention of losing scheduled recordings and there's nothing about it in there.

As far as I know, you can't rename channels with the 9300T. I looked for this option when I first got mine. Again, I've just double-checked in the manual and in the Edit Channels section there is no mention of an option to rename them.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Yes! Mine does this too. Only had it a couple of days but Family Guy recordings off BBC3 go nuts halfway through - they jump randomly and the AV goes completely out of sync.

This is surely more than a coincidence no? Is it worth email Humax to make them aware of this issue?

Have exactly the same problem with Family Guy, also with Points of View. The common factor is that both are short programmes (20 minutes), though I can't think why that should make such a difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    We've had exactly the same problems for ages now, and it's only on Family Guy and American Dad, specifically the newer episodes. Series that were transmitted ages ago tape fine but the new (and last) series of Family Guy are a waste of time, jumping and out of synch. Like another poster, I watched it fine on the Sunday night and then when I watched the recorded version, it skipped everywhere.

This also happens on the Saturday repeat but if I tape one of the older episodes in the week, no problems. It's crazy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    gileo wrote: »
    We've had exactly the same problems for ages now, and it's only on Family Guy and American Dad, specifically the newer episodes. Series that were transmitted ages ago tape fine but the new (and last) series of Family Guy are a waste of time, jumping and out of synch. Like another poster, I watched it fine on the Sunday night and then when I watched the recorded version, it skipped everywhere.

This also happens on the Saturday repeat but if I tape one of the older episodes in the week, no problems. It's crazy.

Cannot comment on 9300 but I have had no problems with recording Family Guy on 9200TB - apart from the Beeb linking the new episodes with older episodes from earlier series so they get recorded as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I asked them about this problem about recording family guy
    And I have to manually tune Crystal Palace or something
    Didn't really give me a proper answer but I hope this helps someone

Please follow these steps to refresh the tuners and manually tune into your local transmitter

1. Power OFF the receiver
    2. Disconnect the Aerial cable
    3. Power On the receiver
    4. Press MENU
    5. Select Installation
    6. Enter your password (default = 0000)
    7. Select Default Setting
    8. Select YES
    9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)
    10. When the receiver restarts, power off
    11. Reconnect the Aerial cable
    12. Power on the Box
    13. Press ok on stop (when you see automatic search)
    14. ‘No channels found’ press ok
    15. ‘Press ok to search channels’ press ok
    16. Select Manual search

Then please follow the steps below…

The following procedure will allow you to receive signal from the Crystal Palace transmitter

Please go down to Network Search and select enable.

Then go to Channel and select 25.

Then select Search. When the search has finished, press save.

With Network Search enabled this should find all the channels on all multiplexes.

However if this does not find all channels you will have to search the multiplexes individually.

To do this please switch Network Search back to Disable and search the following channels one after the other, selecting save after each search;

25-22-28-32-34-29
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does a manual retune of the PVR fix the Family Guy/American Dad playback problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Since the OTA update to the new firmware, Family Guy off BBC3 seems to be recording/playing back just fine - no jumping. Anyone else? :-)