Options

What Should've Been Done To Make UBB The Truly Ultimate BB!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
Forum Member
✭✭
After the massively disappointing BB11, I was hoping, like many fans, that UBB would be a real celebration of the show!! And while I thought it started out promising, it somehow just didn't feel like the "grand finale" that it should have been.:( I appreciate that this is "closing the barn door after the horse has bolted", but I am curious as to what other fans would like to have seen in UBB.:)

No one is going to agree completely on who should have been in the house, everyone has their faves from past years, but here's what I think should have and should not have been done:

1. Celebrity HM's should never have gone back to stay in the house, they should have just been guests in "cameo" roles for tasks, etc.

2. Not having at least one representative from each BB was I think insulting to the former contestants as well as fans. It would have been best, imo, if the winners of each show (excluding CBB, Hijack) were HM's. Isn't that what UBB should have been, a champion of champions show, or was I missing the point entirely??:confused:

3. I'm not sure about nominations, whether there should have been none and just a vote to save straight through or have the noms (just to see who really doesn't like someone:eek:) and have a vote to save rather then the negativity of votes to evict! One thing for sure, it was really pointless putting Vanessa in at this late stage!!:yawn:

4. Possibly a good idea would have been to run a poll on the BB web site throughout BB11 asking people to choose their fave HM from each BB or just in general, that way it would have been a better reflection of what fans would like (for a change).

Any further thoughts??:)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they ever really decided what they wanted to make; a genuine competition (the only true contenders are Brian and Chantelle), a CBB clone or simply a retrospective (hence the cameos).

Personally, I've always liked a bit of fireworks in BB, and unfortunately that's not going to happen now with the loss of Coolio and the evictions of John and Makosi.

I don't think the "Champions of Champions" angle was a good one as it inevitably leads to the assumptions that there should be no-one but winners in there. But, if you look at the list of winnners, that wouldn't have been a particularly interesting show...

Nope, they should have stuck the headline grabbers in there. The ones that invited controversy, romance and arguments.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the combination of housemates and celebrities is fair. However, it was inevitable that Josie was was going to walk after all Nadia's and John's input from the outside world. I am afraid to say that the inclusion of Nadia has proved detrimental to the programme. It is clear was not in the frame of mind to participate. Whatever you think of Coolio and what he has or has not supposed to have done it was a kick in the teeth to the viewers that he has left a day after surviving a vote. For two reasons, one the viewer has spent money saving one of the two up for eviction when both John and Coolio left within the space 24 hours of each other. The other reason as the other poster said; the house has lost two huge personalties. I personally would have waited till January to produce an Ultimate Big Brother. It would have given Josie a fair chance and given producers a larger scope to see who they really want as well as the what the viewers want. Also I would have made it 4 weeks long to allow the programme to develop.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    1. Put in more housemates worthy of the title of ultimate housemate
    2. Continued keeping the housemates occupied with daily tasks / secret missions as they did with BB11 to keep the housemates and viewers attention
    3. Got the press on side and interested, maybe by phoning up each of the main papers and offering them an exclusive each
    4. Not put in anyone from the celebrity series using them instead for one day task visits
    5. Had an eviction every other day or two rather than a double every every 4 or 5

Don't think I'm going to bother with it now till finale night, it's boring me senseless, it's become a chore to tune in for me for the first time since BB8.

Will still catch BBLBC though, on the nights they don't cut to something else :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Though BB11 was rubbish compared to the majority of previous series, I'd have rathered that had continued on till tonight and they'd just thrown in classic housemates during the last week or so 4 or 5 per day, 3 for tasks, 1 or 2 just to visit and speak to the housemates. As much as it annoyed me there was a lot more to talk about.
  • Options
    dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thik they probably would have wanted to make a champion of champions show...but when you look at some of the winners such as Rachel Rice etc...(like the other poster said) it wouldnt have made for a very exciting show.
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Changed it to vote to save!

I do think on the whole though, it has been really good.

Regarding Josie, before she even went in I said if she has any sense she'll stay a couple of days and get to know the others, and then do one!!! I know I would have if it had been me... she'd been in there long enough.
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Sack Davina + let me choose who gets evicted :)
  • Options
    BensthewinnerBensthewinner Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After letting all the UBB housemates in BB should have then turned everything off and left them to it in the dark.