Shocking footage from Russia emerges

124»

Comments

• 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is any worse than all the other victimisation that happens the world over - but it's the fashionable cause of the day isn't it? Meanwhile closer to home we have Catholics beating up Protestants (and vice versa), white youths targetting Asians (and vice versa) and so on.
    Heck last year we even had a 'Kick a Ginger Day' at a school in South Yorkshire.
    I certainly won't be paying attention to any weasel words of condemnation from the UK government while this country turns a blind eye to the antics of our Zionist mates and the repression in Saudi Arabia.

I don't understand this attitude. It's not a competition to find out who's suffering most - it's about this particular issue in Russia, which is ****in rotten.
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    I don't understand this attitude. It's not a competition to find out who's suffering most - it's about this particular issue in Russia, which is ****in rotten.

Well said ...
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some countries just have abysmal human rights' records. Whether it be aimed at gay people, women, different races etc. Maybe, we should start to boycott and sanction them.
  • skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some countries just have abysmal human rights' records. Whether it be aimed at gay people, women, different races etc. Maybe, we should start to boycott and sanction them.

To be honest, civilized countries are in the minority.

If we were to boycott unsavoury nations, we would end up cancelling relations with every single Islamic state, the whole of Africa, a good portion of South America, Asia and the far east.

There wouldn't be many people left to trade with.
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But how can we sanction a country we have no control over? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But how can we sanction a country we have no control over? :confused:

How can we sanction any other country.

We held the Olympics in China in 2008 who are a communist dictatorship and also have a terrible human rights record. So Russia are not that much worse.
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can we sanction any other country.

We held the Olympics in China in 2008 who are a communist dictatorship and also have a terrible human rights record. So Russia are not that much worse.
    How did WE hold the Olympics? :confused:
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether or not we can impose sanctions, we can still show our support of the people, and let them know we're not turning a blind eye. Solidarity counts for something.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds fairly similar to the old Section 28 that we had in the UK - i.e. forbidding the promotion of homosexuality.

That restricted freedom of speech in schools - which is bad enough - but this law has no such limitations i
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Regardless of whether or not we can impose sanctions, we can still show our support of the people, and let them know we're not turning a blind eye. Solidarity counts for something.

Almost 2 mill views on youtube now it looks as though it it gaining attention ... I just hope this exposure can kick things into shape re government ...