Do We Need To Call Time On The Sky Fairy?

1394041424345»

Comments

• IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qixvix wrote: »
    Come on, we still say the 'theory' of evolution - some big guy with a beard should not be in the equation! Santa is something we stop believing in at around the age of 6-10 years of age, no?

Why is it taken seriously, the 'possibility' that a great big bloke 'built' the Earth?

I am not being offensive deliberately here - just pointing out the obvious - we have testing, research and reason - religion is outdated and unreal - why do we still give it so much time and let this be taught in schools?

In years to come will people look back in wonder as we do now at witches trials and think 'why were they so dumb?'

Emperors do not make the sun rise and 'God' did not make the rainbows

Thankfully the taught in schools stuff is gaining in momentum but there is still alot of work to do ... hopefully it will be banned in the next 10 years or so ...
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iofiel wrote: »
    Thankfully the taught in schools stuff is gaining in momentum but there is still alot of work to do ... hopefully it will be banned in the next 10 years or so ...
    You've replied to a 4+ year old thread on a topic you already have a thread on the board about.

Careful or else people might think you have an agenda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    You've replied to a 4+ year old thread on a topic you already have a thread on the board about.

Careful or else people might think you have an agenda.

The truth of the universe is at stake here ... I have no agenda ... I care about what is true ... I am going to reply to points I feel are worth replying to and if that means to an older thread before I joined so be it ... the mods are under no spell not to lock anything they feel contradicts there laws ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The truth of the universe is at stake here ... I have no agenda ... I care about what is true ... I am going to reply to points I feel are worth replying to and if that means to an older thread before I joined so be it ... the mods are under no spell not to lock anything they feel contradicts there laws ...

You've already bumped your own thread though:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    Evolution is like people who believe in the tooth fairy. No real harm in it and I don't see why we should be concerned with changing their minds.

Except evolution is a malleable, testable, errected-resurrected, evidence based reliable objective system ... it is no mere belief ... the tooth fairy, god and other such fairytales however are beliefs ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, there are already two threads: the Atheism one & Arguments Against God (both of which you created) so there was absolutely no need to bump this one.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are all these threads getting bumped?
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The truth of the universe is at stake here ...

Oh my, you certainly are evangelical.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member

Iofiel serious question; are you really trying to gain support for a secular; or indeed atheistic view; because if you are you are making a suspiciously poor job of it. The affect of your interminable and immoderate posts can only be the precise opposite of your stated hopes.

You also need to devote more study (or even thought) to related concepts such as evolution and tolerance, the former appears to confuse you and the latter appears to be entirely beyond your comprehension.

This atheist disassociates them-self from the views you claim to hold.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    bollywood wrote: »
    Why are all these threads getting bumped?

Maybe this disdain for religion is a new thing? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the beginning, at the very very very start of all things what was there ?

can nothing at all, no light no atoms no nothing become a something ?
    Is that possible in sceince - if so then that could be where we all come from.

If not then maybe there is a god, but where did he come from ??
This discussion has been closed.