Options

Do You Watch Much TV?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't really. This is what i've watched so far this week

SUNDAY NIGHT -
The Nations Favourite Motown Song
This clashed with the drama Common which i haven't watched yet but plan to watch it on the iplayer either tonight or tomorrow

MONDAY NIGHT
Guilty By Association

TUESDAY
I watched Judge Judy and Cops on CBS Reality for a while

TONIGHT
I'm gonna watch Thorne: Sleepyhead at 11pm on pick

Thats all i've seen all week

Comments

• Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't actively watch much at all - there's very little I'd deliberately sit down and watch. This week, in terms of things I've actually deliberately watched, I'd count 0 hours of television.

My parents watch a lot though so it's always on in the background.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch live/broadcasted television, but I always have Box on in the background.

Netflix is more my thing. I finally finished Grimm and started the new season of Orange Is The New Black this week. I watch quite a lot of television shows, but it's on a binge basis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the stuff that I want to watch I record, and usually about 2 or 4 hours at most. It's on in the background during the day though, and I just flick through. I'm on the laptop most of the day.

That's assuming you're not including playing games. On average I play for 5 hours a time usually during evening. So counting that it's about 9 hours total.
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. I like watching old TV shows on YouTube. I'm currently watching Sons and Daughters. It's an Australian soap which ran from 1982-1987.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I'm down to an hour a week of non-sport now and there's only one more episode of 24 left. Then there's none of my regular watches until Octoberish (Walking Dead).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    Not really. I like watching old TV shows on YouTube. I'm currently watching Sons and Daughters. It's an Australian soap which ran from 1982-1987.

Oooh Pat the Rat and Wayne Hamilton!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Oooh Pat the Rat and Wayne Hamilton!! :p

Yes! I know this is probably not common but so far I like Pat, she's funny.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not really. I mostly have sky News on in the background. The only thing I've made a point of watching in recent weeks is the World Cup. I watch Family Guy and American Dad on BBC 3 most evenings (when the football isn't on) but that's about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I know this is probably not common but so far I like Pat, she's funny.

I've seen all 972 episodes. Prepare yourself for a few surprises later in the series :p
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh wow, my Mum and I used to watch Sons and Daughters when I was little. I might have to look it up and watch it all over again! She used to watch The Sullivans too, but I think I was a bit younger then so never really watched that.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually have it on in the background, tends to be on the History Channel. So same old episodes of Pawn Stars, Storage Hunters, etc

Out of the programmes I actually watch, my current favourites are True Blood, Vikings, Hannibal, Game of Thrones & Ray Donovan.

Also love re-watching box sets. Currently on the Rome Blu Ray box set.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I watch a lot!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch TV drama and cookery shows, but not on TV.

Currently:
    Celebrity Masterchef and Orphan Black on iPlayer via laptop at home.
    Ray Donovan and Teen Wolf* (series 1) on laptop or smartphone during my commute to/from work.

*My 14-year-old loves Teen Wolf, but I'm finding the main character (Scott, I think?) so stupid and irritating that I'm hoping the big bad wolf will rip him apart. Any time now, please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I've seen all 972 episodes. Prepare yourself for a few surprises later in the series :p

I'm only up to episode 57. Still at the beginning so can't wait to see what's in store.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can easily go for a week without watching any at all. I can't remember the last programme I watched - it must have been a fortnight ago.

Until this year I was a true Big Brother purist: every episode of Big Brother, hardly missing one in 14 years, and nothing else.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tour De France was on in the background earlier.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky Movies, some sport and Big Brother.

Anything else I watch on DVD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week I have only watched the 2 World Cup semi finals plus about 10 mins. of punditry beforehand and also during the half-times.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watch loads of tv but I am very selective.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Oh wow, my Mum and I used to watch Sons and Daughters when I was little. I might have to look it up and watch it all over again! She used to watch The Sullivans too, but I think I was a bit younger then so never really watched that.
    I used to watch it with my daughter, she used to sing the theme tune to me :)
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't get to see much tv in the week, night worker. Record most stuff.
    So theres no point in me having sky - even if I could afford it.