Comments

• The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Fantastic! Good old Chris. He is quite funny too as he struggles to come up with lines.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I said just yesterday that I felt it would be the interaction with fans that puts Capaldi just fractionally in front of Eccleston as my favourite Doctor. Then Eccleston goes and does this and I'm at a complete and utter loss again...I love them both :D

It's great that so many have shown their support for this kid. Frances Barber (Kovarian) apparently showed up at the hospital as well, whilst Osgood, Mickey and Seven have all recorded videos too.

In the words of Nine, absolutely fantastic!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    ...and there's another video going around where he congratulates a newly married couple as well!

I accept all of this as canon :p
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but why didn't he do the Fiftie......

No!! That was lovely. Whatever you think about individual Doctors in a fictional setting, I'm rather proud that they tend to cast estimable human beings in the part...well played Chris and gawd bless Daniel.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, that was delightful. I do hope Daniel makes it home for Christmas.

No doubt BolekDuster will assume it's another fake like he did with this one because Chris doesn't want anything to do with DW and its fans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtV1TgcexKE
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Fantastic thing for Christopher to do.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on him.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Awesome, good for him.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Anyone who still claims that Chris wants nothing to do with Doctor Who should watch those 2 videos.
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on him. Hope the person it's addressed to gets well soon.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely gesture from Chris, good for him.
  • Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best Doctor ever, didn't need a suit just a leather jacket and a hard attitude
  • jodojodo Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Fantastic to see. I'd wager he may well follow up with a personal visit when possible. Have never seen or read anything negative about his interaction with fans nor indeed hear him say anything negative about the show itself and when asked about leaving he merely states that he fell out with a couple of people high up and doesn't expand on it. The fact that he met with Moffatt to decline the 50th in person rather than through his agent also demonstrated his character.
  • tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and there's another video going around where he congratulates a newly married couple as well!

I accept all of this as canon :p

In Hebrew, no less.
    I chose to believe this is evidence of the TARDIS translation circuits and proof he really is the Doctor.
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really appears to be mellowing of late, anyone think if the 50th anniversary was this year he'd be more receptive to appearing?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a787914/doctor-who-christopher-eccleston-meets-fan-with-asperger-syndrome-heartwarming-video/
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    He certainly is mellowing. I reckon it would still be too soon for him though. Give it another 20 odd years :) How long did Big Finish have to badger Tom Baker to return to the role again?
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure it's a case of mellowing. Christopher Eccleston always has time for fans. One of the reasons he took the role was that the show appealed to kids, he has always taken great pride in being a new generations 'my Doctor.'

Very nice clip. It was very touching to see CE so moved in a 'that's exactly why I took the role' kind of way.