LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 20)

1120121122123124126»

Comments

• gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    There's some complaints on the LBC website under the set of photos of the tools used to torture that poor kid to death. I have to admit, I'm not sure that it's necessary to give us all the pics of the blood-stained utensils...

I'm not surprised. There also seems to be a propensity on there to post videos borrowed from YouTube of people behaving badly. I think it started with the appalling one of a woman making racist remarks about her fellow passengers on the Tube. Since then there's been a stream of clips of people insulting and assaulting each other.

Morning all. :)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all. I am unable to manually or auto tune my Pure DAB radio to anything other than 'Station moved.' :( Can anyone help me get my missing stations back? Thanks in advance.

A factory reset may do the trick, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that.
  • RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon LBC will have a major schedule overhaul in the near future especially if Clive Bull is about to return and now there is Ian Collins looming in the background. Both of whom are very good evening and overnight presenters......if i was a guessing man i would say that Nick will go down to one night a week with possibly Ian doing Friday nights and Clive might take Sunday nights to ease him back in????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Morning all. I am unable to manually or auto tune my Pure DAB radio to anything other than 'Station moved.' :( Can anyone help me get my missing stations back? Thanks in advance.

A factory reset may do the trick, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that.

Why don't you start a thread in this Radio forum? I'm sure others could be having the same problem if changes are being made. Makes me glad I'm still in the Stone Age with all my kit being analogue. I'm having nightmares trying to work out the best way to update to digital TV - new telly or DR box? Aargh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you start a thread in this Radio forum? I'm sure others could be having the same problem if changes are being made. Makes me glad I'm still in the Stone Age with all my kit being analogue. I'm having nightmares trying to work out the best way to update to digital TV - new telly or DR box? Aargh!

Great minds think alike! Just done that! ;):p
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Great minds think alike! Just done that! ;):p

Think you will find several on the great rescan in the radio topics section.already
    And by the way GS I too have known many of the contributors on here for years as well.The great majority of them mightly hacked off re the "gentle" Ribbing that goes on here..:cry:
    You may have a thick skin some dont but hey never let that put you or some of the other "Funsters" off..Morning all:D
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    I reckon LBC will have a major schedule overhaul in the near future especially if Clive Bull is about to return and now there is Ian Collins looming in the background. Both of whom are very good evening and overnight presenters......if i was a guessing man i would say that Nick will go down to one night a week with possibly Ian doing Friday nights and Clive might take Sunday nights to ease him back in????

Noooo!!!! I look forward to Friday and Saturday evenings with Nick Abbot, please don't let them cut his slots, he never fails to make me laugh at some point, even when discussing serious subjects.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Think you will find several on the great rescan in the radio topics section.already
    And by the way GS I too have known many of the contributors on here for years as well.The great majority of them mightly hacked off re the "gentle" Ribbing that goes on here..:cry:
    You may have a thick skin some dont but hey never let that put you or some of the other "Funsters" off..Morning all:D

Gentle ribbing of whom?
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridgieman wrote: »

I hope not but some tweaking of the current line up would be welcomed. Personally, I would have Clive take over from Iain Dale and move Iain Dale to the slot currently taken by James Whale. I've never warmed to Mr Whale so I wouldn't miss him from the schedule but I do recognise that he is a favourite of a number of people so it's not likely to happen.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as I don't like saying it but how accurate are the rumours of Clive's return: I don't actually expect anyone to know it's more my thinking out loud. It's just the phased introduction of Ian (The Colonel) Collins at this particular moment seems very out of sync to Clive returning? They are both well known and well liked (IMO). Logistically if you slotted either of them another presenter would surely have to go - slotting in both of them presents greater difficulties. I would love to see both of then presenting shows on LBC but what are the odds?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Much as I don't like saying it but how accurate are the rumours of Clive's return: I don't actually expect anyone to know it's more my thinking out loud. It's just the phased introduction of Ian (The Colonel) Collins at this particular moment seems very out of sync to Clive returning? They are both well known and well liked (IMO). Logistically if you slotted either of them another presenter would surely have to go - slotting in both of them presents greater difficulties. I would love to see both of then presenting shows on LBC but what are the odds?

It seems as though they are using IC as a sub at the moment, which often happens before they hand over a regular slot. Hopefully, now Jacqui Smith is a regular, she won't be sitting in for J O'B when he's on holiday and they might put IC in there.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

On my DAB Roberts radio you have a rotary knob which cycles through all the available stations. I rotated mine until I came across LBC 97.3 and then pressed the select station button so that I could hear the station and then held down the apporopriate preset button long enough until it said 'station stored'.
    Hey Presto.
    It must be similar on the Pure radios and therefore try the instruction manual, if you still have it or visit their website or download a PDF manual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday (28th) was the thread's fifth birthday (sixth if you count the original thread that was removed) It's amazing that we've lasted this long without all the recent advice on how to comport ourselves! :D
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lovely guest with Iain Dale last night. It was Sue Townsend, author of the fabulously successful Adrian Mole books. I hadn't heard that she had become blind through diabetes. She was an absolute delight and I'd love to hear more from her.
    I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm allowed. Iain always asks exactly the same questions that I'd like to ask. That's probably why he's such as favourite of mine.
    A blissful oasis in a desert. (IMO) :)

.......................tut. No, Twinks, NOT a dessert!!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    On my DAB Roberts radio you have a rotary knob which cycles through all the available stations. I rotated mine until I came across LBC 97.3 and then pressed the select station button so that I could hear the station and then held down the apporopriate preset button long enough until it said 'station stored'.
    Hey Presto.
    It must be similar on the Pure radios and therefore try the instruction manual, if you still have it or visit their website or download a PDF manual.

Thanks very much for this HHGTTG :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NM Friday Night........Sweet!;)

Afternoon Everyone.:)

I'm sure some of the previous posts have been sliced out just now. I was reading through them.....then DS went a little odd....Now 2 pages are missing.:confused:
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 21)
This discussion has been closed.