Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
Forum Member
Is anyone else really hyped for this ?. I can't wait. I love R&C. Like I'm way more hyped for this than that other huge release that's out soon.

It's out on April 22nd in the uk but on the 12th in the US. I think I know where I'll be getting it from !

(Oh and the movie is out at the end of this month too ... Aaaagghhh)

Comments

• Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks great but Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 are out soon so it will probably be a few months before I get it.

It's only £27 on the Canadian store by the way :)
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    It looks great but Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 are out soon so it will probably be a few months before I get it.

It's only £27 on the Canadian store by the way :)

That's about €33 for me and it's €35 on the US store so I'll stick with the US account as I don't want another one. But cheers for the tip.
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Yeah love this series. It was my first ps2 game and this reboot is going to be pure nostalgia. I just hope the movies good too.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Why the delay between UK and US releases? Are the fils out those weeks in each region? I'll be getting it from the US store so have plenty time between that and Uncharted to get it completed
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Why the delay between UK and US releases? Are the fils out those weeks in each region? I'll be getting it from the US store so have plenty time between that and Uncharted to get it completed

The film comes out on the 28th in the UK and the 29th in the US so I don't think that's the reason for the delay in the games release. It is very strange.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this. Probably my favourite game series. The game looks awesome, I loved the footage from the first planet you land on and the train sequence in metropolis. After that I have avoided footage.
    I am picking it up from Amazon, currently £28. The delay from the US release is annoying but it should give me time clear Quantum Break.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The movie is reviewed in the latest issue of Empire magazine. It was only a very brief, one small paragraph review and they weren't keen, only scoring it 2/5 and describing it as more clunk than Clank!
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    The movie is reviewed in the latest issue of Empire magazine. It was only a very brief, one small paragraph review and they weren't keen, only scoring it 2/5 and describing it as more clunk than Clank!

Sounds a bit of a half assed review. Don't really mind what it gets tbh, I'll be seeing it regardless.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played R&C on the PS2 a lot. If there were trophies back then I would have had platinum them all. Not having internet back then meant I spent hours looking for the gold bolts lol.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of people are excited for this. The only one I played was All 4 One (I think, free on PS+) and didn't like it.

Is that instalment representative of the quality of the series? Is this likely to be better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of people are excited for this. The only one I played was All 4 One (I think, free on PS+) and didn't like it.

Is that instalment representative of the quality of the series? Is this likely to be better?

Oh God no. All 4 one was an odd spin off co-op thing. It was okay,but nowhere near the quality of the core games. The ps4 one looks ace, my most anticipated game of the summer.
    If you like 3d platformers with fun weapons and a nice humour to them this will be worth a go.
    Worth trying Sunset Overdrive on the X1, which is free this month. Same dev, similar feel (in some ways).
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Oh God no. All 4 one was an odd spin off co-op thing. It was okay,but nowhere near the quality of the core games. The ps4 one looks ace, my most anticipated game of the summer.
    If you like 3d platformers with fun weapons and a nice humour to them this will be worth a go.
    Worth trying Sunset Overdrive on the X1, which is free this month. Same dev, similar feel (in some ways).

That's all good news then. I've been wondering what all the fuss was about. Two sites have broken the embargo and given the game a 9 and an 8.7, so definitely worth a closer look.

I love the style and gameplay mechanics of Sunset Overdrive, but the humour grated so I never bought it. Looking forward to it coming on GWG so I can have another crack at it.

Cheers.
    Forum Member
    That's all good news then. I've been wondering what all the fuss was about. Two sites have broken the embargo and given the game a 9 and an 8.7, so definitely worth a closer look.

I love the style and gameplay mechanics of Sunset Overdrive, but the humour grated so I never bought it. Looking forward to it coming on GWG so I can have another crack at it.

Cheers.

I'll be getting it as soon as it comes out (on my US account) so if you wanted to Share play before you buy it then I'm sure we could arrange something.
    Forum Member
    I have my copy downloaded ready to play on Tuesday. Cant wait! All I need now is Uncharted 4 next month & a release date for the new Everybody's Golf & I'll be happy until PS5
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I have my copy downloaded ready to play on Tuesday. Cant wait! All I need now is Uncharted 4 next month & a release date for the new Everybody's Golf & I'll be happy until PS5

Should be out sometime in 2015 so you only have to go back in time to catch that release date.

And are you telling us that you wouldn't go batshit crazy for a Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot :)
    Forum Member
    Don't know why I wrote PS5. I think my iPad autocorrected. I meant to say until BF5! A new Crash game would be great as long as it's back in the hands of Sony or Naughty Dog. When it went multi platform, they declined in quality IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre ordered it even though I don't know when I'll get to play it. Curse you Bethesda releasing Fallout dlc on the same day.
    Forum Member
    Reviews are very positive about this one :

(Stolen from Gamespot)

GameSpot -- 8/10

"Ratchet & Clank is every bit as dynamic and fun as the 2002 original. It's endearing and entertaining, a veritable power fantasy fueled by rockets and carried by specialty gadgets. Re-introducing a classic franchise to a new generation is a difficult task indeed, but Ratchet & Clank is a shining example of how it can be done." -- Cassidee Moser

IGN -- 9/10

"Ratchet and Clank is a culmination of everything Insomniac has done with the series over the past 14 years. It takes the characters that we fell in love with long ago, and sets them off on their most gorgeous quest yet. The deep and rewarding weapon system, beautiful and varied worlds, and charming-as-heck story make it an adventure that anyone with a PlayStation 4 should strap in for." -- Marty Sliva

Game Informer -- 8.25/10

"Ratchet & Clank has always been a showpiece of new-gen technology, and while this entry's environments look a little retro, the detail in the characters and the explosion of bolts and gears are legitimate spectacles. The colors pop, the worlds feel more alien, and the heart of the adventure is right where it needs to be: with explosions and rockets lighting up the screen like a Fourth of July fireworks celebration. When Ratchet's doing what he does best (blowing stuff up), this new experience sings its classic tune well." -- Andrew Reiner

VideoGamer -- 8/10

"Ratchet & Clank is an easy recommendation. It's great fun, looks lovely, plays well and almost serves as a palate cleanser to the usual video game releases. Newcomers to the series will likely find a fresher experience (even though it's a proper remake, familiarity does creep in), but fans will love what Insomniac has done here. A remake done right in a series that rarely puts a foot wrong." -- Tom Orry

ShackNews -- 8/10

"The core is intact, unchanged, and still spectacularly fun. As the saying goes, they don't make them like they used to. Ratchet & Clank argues that maybe they should." -- Steve Watts

GamesRadar -- 4/5

"There are some minor things to gripe about: the last fifth of the game feels a little padded out, you're only afforded one save file, and the final boss is predictably frustrating (I imagine he'll give younger players fits). But the good far outweighs the bad, and after some experimental entries on the PS3, Ratchet & Clank is a entertaining return to form for the series. This is a reboot done right, recapturing everything that made the original great and making substantial improvements for a new generation." -- Lucas Sullivan

Destructoid -- 8/10

"Initially, I wasn't all that excited to hear about a Ratchet & Clank reboot, but having actually played it, I don't mind seeing a resurgence at all. This feels like a last-ditch effort for Sony to bring this series into the spotlight again, and honestly, I hope it works out." -- Chris Carter

PlayStation Universe -- 8.5/10

"Not every part of the Ratchet & Clank formula still shines, but this PS4 reboot is gold. Updated controls are the perfect way to experience bombastic, addictive firefights with awesome weaponry." -- Kyle Prahl
    Forum Member
    40 reviews in so far, all 40 are "positive". Not 1 mixed or negative one. The lowest score given been a 75.

This is making me very excited. Game unlocks at 5am. Oooohhh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn it. Starting to review my decision to preorder with Amazon now.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    I pre ordered it even though I don't know when I'll get to play it. Curse you Bethesda releasing Fallout dlc on the same day.

At least it's a relatively small DLC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    At least it's a relatively small DLC.

Yeah no story or quests but it's the new building materials I'm most interested in though. I can lose hours building houses.

I also pre ordered Ratchet and Clank to kinda show my support,even though my games backlog is huge. I really hope this game does well.
    Forum Member
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Darn it. Starting to review my decision to preorder with Amazon now.

You could always cancel Amazon's order and grab it off the PS store tonight :)
  • Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Checked out the gameplay on YT last night, will definitely be picking this up, I had enjoyed the hell out of Tools of Destruction & A Crack In Time.
    Forum Member
    Played around a hour's worth this morning & can tell already it's a game I'm really going to enjoy. I had never played any of the PS2 games, only the ones on PS3 so it's nice to see a sort of origins story. The graphics are fantastic as is the sound & the narrator is pretty funny too.