Options

The **** shaming of Moira in tonight's episodes...

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Hard to disagree with this.
    I just caught the last 10 seconds of Last night's. So Debbie is going to make her life a misery if her precious Daddy doesn't come back. Shame Brenda doesn't make that little cow's life a misery for being partially to blame for Gennie NEVER being able to come back. I wish Moira would bring her miscarriage up as well which again was partially caused by Debbie's stupid games to punish Cameron and Chas.

God Moira is far from perfect but compared to all those hideous people that think they have the right to judge her she's fantastic.

Great post!

Especially the bit in bold.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is she suppose to do, be single for the rest of her days? Yes, Cain & Moira did not have the best of starts but they have worked together to form an actual relationship and it's not uncommon for people who have had affairs to then go on and form a relationship that works. As for the Alex thing, he was a grown up and came onto her and she went with it. She was single, he pretended to be. That's not really her fault, in my eyes. The dress, I'm not even going to go there tbh it's old news but bottom line, I don't think it makes someone a tart to wear a dress like this. If it does, then I will hold my hands up and say I must be a big one, I may even be one right now.
    Well said on all counts JoP :cool:

The fact is that if all characters (in all soaps) were never allowed to move on from past mistakes, then there would literally be no soaps now, cos pretty much every character would by now be either living friendless in the gutter or locked up in a nunnery/monastery, flagellating themselves forever.

Soap sls simply have to be compartmentalised, taken at face value and moved on from. There is not a single 'innocent' soap character in existence, (well apart from poor Eccles in Corrie, who is entirely blameless and doesn't deserve to be upset like he has been). :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

The fact is that if all characters (in all soaps) were never allowed to move on from past mistakes, then there would literally be no soaps now, cos pretty much every character would by now be either living friendless in the gutter or locked up in a nunnery/monastery, flagellating themselves forever.

Soap sls simply have to be compartmentalised, taken at face value and moved on from. There is not a single 'innocent' soap character in existence, (well apart from poor Eccles in Corrie, who is entirely blameless and doesn't deserve to be upset like he has been). :(

Couldn't agree more.

(Murray is taking a real beating from Fit Dimitrov, right now. You'll soon know how fans of Nadal and his amazing bum, feel:D)
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

I hate to break it to you but worse is to come for poor Eccles.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more.

(Murray is taking a real beating from Fit Dimitrov, right now. You'll soon know how fans of Nadal and his amazing bum, feel:D)
    Pfft! The night is young - Andy will strike back and then you can bite his much more appealing bum! >:(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfft! The night is young - Andy will strike back and then you can bite his much more appealing bum! >:(:p

:D:D:D;-)

Could be all over by 4pm.;-)

Actually, make that 3.45pm instead.:D

The Sun and Mail will probably blame Amelie Mauresmo!
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with sleeping with 4 men or wearing a low cut dress!
    The point was who she slept with and when she slept with them.
    Cain was the man who humiliated John in front of everyone.>:( Her children and husband were devastated by her affair with Cain and what followed on from that, yet she thought it was OK to go back to him. >:(That showed she put herself before her own children and that is something a good mother would never do!:(:(

Jumping into bed with a lad young enough to be her son so soon after the death of her husband.:(
    Wearing a very revealing dress at a funeral is cheap, tacky and disrespectful!:(:blush:
    Sorry, but all these things add up for me! They show a woman who is selfish and totally lacking in class.
    She is every bit as bad as all the other women in ED!

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this :)

I personally don't think that a parent should always put their children before themselves, not when they are adults and have their own lives to lead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duplicate post.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D;-)

Could be all over by 4pm.;-)

Actually, make that 3.45pm instead.:D

The Sun and Mail will probably blame Amelie Mauresmo!
    Murray has now lost his British status and will be back to being purely Scottish from here on. ;)

Back on topic: Moira may well be upset by the defeat of her countryman. Although, the harlot she is, she's bound to have set her sights on Dimitrov already. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Murray has now lost his British status and will be back to being purely Scottish from here on. ;)

Back on topic: Moira may well be upset by the defeat of her countryman. Although, the harlot she is, she's bound to have set her sights on Dimitrov already. :p

:D

I wouldn't blame her!;-)
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    when you look at the real Sluts of the Dales.. the Dingles.. it's Ironic the beating Moira's taking... Charity and Cain deeply in love gave their kid away.. at least Moira kept hers....

and then there's Chas the bike.. dear oh dear.. the irony
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dress, I'm not even going to go there tbh it's old news but bottom line, I don't think it makes someone a tart to wear a dress like this. If it does, then I will hold my hands up and say I must be a big one, I may even be one right now.

Why are you swerving away from the clear point i made?

Do you think there should be an appropriate dress code for a funeral?
    Do you think almost having your babs spilling out is acceptable at a funeral?

Moira fans are so incredibly defensive of her and everything she does!
    I like Katie and Debbie, but i accept them for what they are and with their warts and all.
    Imho, those that love Moira should start doing a bit of that.
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    when you look at the real Sluts of the Dales.. the Dingles.. it's Ironic the beating Moira's taking... Charity and Cain deeply in love gave their kid away.. at least Moira kept hers....

and then there's Chas the bike.. dear oh dear.. the irony

The important difference is all the other 'bikes' have been lambasted over their past antics.
    Up until now 'Saint Moira' has got off extremely lightly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debs seems to forget, when she's ranting to Moira about her kids not seeing their grandad again, that it wasn't that long ago she banned Cain from any contact with her kids. Didn't bother her then.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with sleeping with 4 men or wearing a low cut dress!
    The point was who she slept with and when she slept with them.
    Cain was the man who humiliated John in front of everyone.>:( Her children and husband were devastated by her affair with Cain and what followed on from that, yet she thought it was OK to go back to him. >:(That showed she put herself before her own children and that is something a good mother would never do!:(:(

Jumping into bed with a lad young enough to be her son so soon after the death of her husband.:(
    Wearing a very revealing dress at a funeral is cheap, tacky and disrespectful!:(:blush:
    Sorry, but all these things add up for me! They show a woman who is selfish and totally lacking in class.
    She is every bit as bad as all the other women in ED!

Anyone who cares about a bit of cleavage at a funeral is just baffling. Why does it matter?

Her children are all adults. She doesn't need to sacrifice her own happiness for them anymore. It's not like Adam is altruistic in any way. He's a selfish prat who acts like a 5 year old.

It's always the women who are constantly judged and put down. Men are never criticised for being classless and if the woman are all bad, wtf are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brit1Chick wrote: »
    Debs seems to forget, when she's ranting to Moira about her kids not seeing their grandad again, that it wasn't that long ago she banned Cain from any contact with her kids. Didn't bother her then.

Indeed.

Hypocrisy is a Dingle trait.

And being a monumentally nasty, unsympathetic, entitled, stroppy cow, is also a Debbie Dingle trait.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Katie and Debbie, but i accept them for what they are and with their warts and all.

I think I answered my feelings towards every point you made in your last point, so I'm not really clear as to which points I'm 'swerving'.

I think people should allowed to wear whatever they like and not be labelled as cheap or tacky, people go to funerals dressed in all sorts from fancy dress to colourful clothing, it's no skin off my nose. Furthermore, She wasn't at the funeral, she wore it to the wake. That, to me, in a different but same sense is a party for the departed. Plus I don't find breasts overly offence, but that's just me.

If that's the way you see Moira fans - and me in particular - that's fine. You can see however you wish although it couldn't be further for the truth. Yes, she's my favourite character I will admit that but I'm not blinded or blinkered by any stretch. I did type up a whole list of things on her behaviour I haven't agreed on however, and I don't mean to sound rude, but there's no point wasting both of our time. Like I said that's fine - it makes the world a beautiful and interesting place to be different and to have difference of opinion and the one reason I like the forum so much. I think we'll just need to agree to disagree on this matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Another Moira fan here :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any of the contributors to this thread haven't said that Moira has done the wrong thing. No one has said that Moira is a saint but for her to be singled out as a tart because she sleeps with four blokes is wrong. What shall we call the likes of Katie and Charity if Moira is a tart?

Similarly, she has copped a hell of a lot of flak over the last couple of days from the hypocrites in the village, where is the balance? Why hasn't James had more of a hard time? Why has she been singled out as the villain? Yes, what she did was wrong, but equally, James Barton slept with his brothers wife. That doesn't exactly make him a good guy does it? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »

Similarly, she has copped a hell of a lot of flak over the last couple of days from the hypocrites in the village, where is the balance? Why hasn't James had more of a hard time? Why has she been singled out as the villain? Yes, what she did was wrong, but equally, James Barton slept with his brothers wife. That doesn't exactly make him a good guy does it? :(

Thank you, that is exactly why I started this thread but I know it's got much deeper, which I have enjoyed.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brit1Chick wrote: »

Blackburn *shakes fist* >:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Blackburn *shakes fist* >:(>:(

Did Blackburn make Debbie a gangster because I loved her like that.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Blackburn make Debbie a gangster because I loved her like that.

Yes >:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Yes >:(>:(

I loved that era of Debbie...watching it back as I did. Bring her back!!
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    She didn't mess up once, she did it at least twice. Once with her husband's brother and then with Cain while John was still alive. We don't know how many others there may have been before she came into the village. She has a track record of cheating.

And the affair with Cain was simply because she fancied him. John had no blame to take in that scenario.

a track of cheating :o twice in over 20 years jesus hang her now :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What right has Dobbeh preaching to Moira. Dobbeh brought a murderer in her house and also tried to kill her aunt. She colluded in the murder of a young woman. Adumb had an affair with his girlfriend's mother and also let his best friend take the blame for an accident.

What ever Moira did was twenty odd years ago. Has Cain not forgotten what he got upto?