Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 21**

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I hope the producers take notice of "Bury this atrocity and salt the earth, lest the rest of the world come upon it and annihilate the lot of us.":D

Fearing beforehand for Jake's AT, I joked last week that two countries who already had grievances with us - Greece, Elgin marbles and Argentina, Falklands - would have even more reason to hate us. It was even more ghastly than I foresaw. What's Greece famous for? Birthplace of democracy? Invented theatre? Gave us the Olympics? Socrates, Plato, Aristotle? Pythagoras? Demis Roussos and Nana Mouskouri even? No, they're famous for smashing plates!>:(
    I quite liked La Hardy on ITT waxing lyrical about how it is good to know where the dancing come from and their origins - and then coming up against the Greekanstine Tango and crashing to a halt.

The whole show had the air of half distracted ineptitude you would expect from a nursery school Nativity play where the organiser is more concerned that everyone has had a wee first and that at least 2 people know the words to Away in a Manger all the way through.
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that's as close to criticism as Karen can comfortably get. I swear there was a silent "That should have been your theme, you morons" on the end of her little gush about Around the World being a wonderful theme to show where all the dances came from, like jive from America and waltz in Austria.

I also unappreciated the Bollywood pro dance - definitely an example of no one quite thinking that through. The actual Bollywood dancers ought to have been front and centre with the Strictly pros supporting them.
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think that's as close to criticism as Karen can comfortably get. I swear there was a silent "That should have been your theme, you morons" on the end of her little gush about Around the World being a wonderful theme to show where all the dances came from, like jive from America and waltz in Austria.

I also unappreciated the Bollywood pro dance - definitely an example of no one quite thinking that through. The actual Bollywood dancers ought to have been front and centre with the Strictly pros supporting them.

I haven't been able to watch ITT this week, as Zoe, Karen et al waxing lyrical about how fab-u-lous the show was, would be enough for me to want to kick the TV in.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Venetia* wrote: »
    I haven't been able to watch ITT this week, as Zoe, Karen et al waxing lyrical about how fab-u-lous the show was, would be enough for me to want to kick the TV in.
    Would a flying drop kick be considered an illegal lift? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Venetia* wrote: »

It was worth it just for the sheer lack of enthusiasm with which Janette gave the news that their Charleston circus themed.

I think when Strictly has broken it's self confessed bounciest and most up beat pro, then it should know it's a theme too far.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    For the first time this season I have wanted to re watch 2 dances, Simon's waltz and Caroline's charleston.

Hooray finally it's when I want to re watch things I really do think they are special

When I want to rewatch things its usually because I fell asleep and missed them. :D

I want to see Simon and Caroline in the final.
    I want Caroline to win but I wouldn't be too annoyed if Simon won.

Also, anyone else think this smiley - ^_^
    looks like Barry Manilow?
  • Options
    39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    When I want to rewatch things its usually because I fell asleep and missed them. :D

BIB - also silently praying that MDF gets kicked out this weekend. There's only so much I can take.....
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, anyone else think this smiley - ^_^
    looks like Barry Manilow?

^_^ is like this. Needs a nose to look like Marry Manilow
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »

I love that! I can almost hear the purring. :)
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    39_Steps wrote: »
    BIB - also silently praying that MDF gets kicked out this weekend. There's only so much I can take.....

When will result in the maximum amount of tears? I'd hold onto him for another week if he made a total prat of himself next week - but only if he put out Jake, or perhaps Frankie. Neither of those is a possibility, I fear.
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...did I actually switch on to watch Jools Holland? Why is Pixie singing with dimmed lighting and video montages?

ETA: Hang on it was Pixie or has Jessie J turned up for some reason?
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Somebody shut her up !!!!
  • Options
    39_Steps39_Steps Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    When will result in the maximum amount of tears? I'd hold onto him for another week if he made a total prat of himself next week - but only if he put out Jake, or perhaps Frankie. Neither of those is a possibility, I fear.

I'm not sure he will last until next week - he has foxtrot. He can't open his shirt to distract from dodgy technique during a foxtrot, can he? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    39_Steps wrote: »
    I'm not sure he will last until next week - he has foxtrot. He can't open his shirt to distract from dodgy technique during a foxtrot, can he? :o

I just don't want him to put anyone else out. It was bad enough Sunetra going over him - although she seemed happy enough :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Just seen ITT. Totally unappreciating Pixie murdering Housemartins as well as foxes. How come she is allowed to use ITT to flog her latest single? Why is she always flogging something? Every time you look on Twitter she is trying to get you to buy something. I always get the impression with her that she came on Strictly to promote her Greatest Hits album and her new stage school and there's no joy in it for her aside from that.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen ITT. Totally unappreciating Pixie murdering Housemartins as well as foxes. How come she is allowed to use ITT to flog her latest single? Why is she always flogging something? Every time you look on Twitter she is trying to get you to buy something. I always get the impression with her that she came on Strictly to promote her Greatest Hits album and her new stage school and there's no joy in it for her aside from that.

I'm sure you're right and for that reason she MUST NOT WIN >:(
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry cute as that is, the one on the left is Barry:
    http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/star-trek-deep-space-nine/images/8476353/title/odo-photo

I could be cruel and see the one on the right as Jake.

The one at the bottom has a voice like fondant chocolate, he could do the show no problem, I would not care if he were the most ringery ringer. They have ignored Dot needs this year other than Simon now he has visited a barber.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's bringing the outside in :blush: and please feel free to ignore. I'm not normally bothered about what goes on in the untamed wilds of the SCD forum outside the safety of the non-app door but it's got to the point where I must just unappreciate the general tone of some of the threads. There's a difference between the poor mans 'Carry On' style attempts at double entendres and the tone that some of them seem to have at the minute.
    Anyway sorry about that :blush:
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Sorry cute as that is, the one on the left is Barry:
    http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/star-trek-deep-space-nine/images/8476353/title/odo-photo

I could be cruel and see the one on the right as Jake.

The one at the bottom has a voice like fondant chocolate, he could do the show no problem, I would not care if he were the most ringery ringer. They have ignored Dot needs this year other than Simon now he has visited a barber.

Thanks for ignoring by typo :blush:

I meant the smiley looked like the cat. Barry definitely has used Odo as a model for the work done. ^_^

aggs wrote: »
    I know it's bringing the outside in :blush: and please feel free to ignore. I'm not normally bothered about what goes on in the untamed wilds of the SCD forum outside the safety of the non-app door but it's got to the point where I must just unappreciate the general tone of some of the threads. There's a difference between the poor mans 'Carry On' style attempts at double entendres and the tone that some of them seem to have at the minute.

It is the twee responses he provides, which deny his own Daily Star headlines I find even worse.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I meant the smiley looked like the cat. Barry definitely has used Odo as a model for the work done. ^_^

It is the twee responses he provides, which deny his own Daily Star headlines I find even worse.

I just ignore those threads. Makes checking the front page so much quicker.:D
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

If only people didn't reply to threads they didn't like, or to the really inane ones (especially if both), then they'd slip away into obscurity. Alas.

Not seen last night's ITT. Worth bothering with?
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you worship at the Chruch Of The Ivetamazing (as any sane person does) then yes.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    If only people didn't reply to threads they didn't like, or to the really inane ones (especially if both), then they'd slip away into obscurity. Alas.

Not seen last night's ITT. Worth bothering with?

I must admit that Iveta did make me laugh last night .... pinching lines from Zoe in their intro and then basically bamboozling FFG when they sang together....

Although if you do watch the Iveta bits you have to put up with FFG's lisp (or pathetic attempt at speaking)...

And Vicky Gill had no ironing board to show her dress fabrics so had to keep leaning forward in a really odd position....

All round one of the best for a while...

Frankie actually showed some personality (without Kevin)... and Pixie sang (barefoot)... and she also showed a bit more personality (without Trent)....

This week's scoreboard is going to be interesting... Doubt the judges can protective score all the girls. This weekend I think they have to proverbially chuck one of the girls under the bus...

Who will be in the B2 with Mark...?

Think Jake may be 2nd from bottom but he obviously has votes to get Mark there last weekend. Think Caroline will score highly with AT with authentic music and don't forget Pasha went to see V&F do their thing (with Rachel) last week so obviously for some AT tips and think he can produce a more credible AT than any of the others; that leaves Simon as the only other B2-er but cant see him being there again (not least coz he has American Smooth and you know Kristina can choreograph those).

That leaves Jake, Pixie and Frankie... I can see whichever of the pop chicks who is not top or second as being vulnerable... and looking at the training think that will be Frankie.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

er thanks

( Has totally not spent the last 5 minutes trying to understand what you mean )

:confused::confused::D
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    It's just clicked with me TTF is going to be doing that frantic thrusty move again this Saturday :( *Wanders away feeling very very sad*
This discussion has been closed.