Options

Stake Land

TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody seen this vampire road movie. I watched it last night and it's fantastic.

Basically a man(vampire killer) and a boy team up together across a country which has gone through a Vampire epidemic and extreme religious.

Well worth a watch.

Comments

• Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard good things about it - will be on my to watch list
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it,one of my fav movies so far this year,i was quite shocked to learn Kelly McGillis played the nun,didnt recognize her till i saw the credits lol
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it mentioned but didn't pay it much attention, after reading your review I will now watch it as I like a decent vampire movie.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Loved it,one of my fav movies so far this year,i was quite shocked to learn Kelly McGillis played the nun,didnt recognize her till i saw the credits lol

Agree, Its my favourite so far this year.

I also did not notice kelly until I looked on IMDB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Saw it mentioned but didn't pay it much attention, after reading your review I will now watch it as I like a decent vampire movie.:)

Dont go into it thinking its 90 mins of Vamps, its not...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    This is something I thought I'd never say about an action/horror movie - it was heartbreakingly sad. The music, the visuals, the acting all left me with a sense of futility, in their quest and in their futures.

Brilliant stuff, flawed in places but easily overlooked. One of those films that will live with you after the credits have rolled.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit slow and drags on, I thought it was ok but nothing special.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from seeing it this afternoon thought it was very good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Heard good things about it - will be on my to watch list

yes..its on my watch list already lol
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it apart from the end.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little humour wouldn't of gone amiss, think the trouble with lower budget films like this is the actors usually aren't up to the task of playing serious and it just comes across as dull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »

LOL same here!! What a brilliant intelligent film though, so much better than the low budget gorefest I was expecting, well recommended!
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was filmed really well and the music really made it. Well worth a watch if you haven't got anything better to do.

Reminded me a little of The Walking Dead, crossed with Zombieland, without the humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its out on blue ray and dvd on Monday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i have this to watch either tonight or tom night..I just cant be bothered tonight..so much going on in x factor :D