BB16 - Should it go back to Vote To SAVE?

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's quite sad tbh that they've gone back to VTE. I remember for years on Channel 4, we would moan and moan non stop about how we wanted a Vote to Save because all the entertaining housemates kept leaving.

Channel 5 finally gave us it. And then people moaned because they wanted a Vote to Evict again, and then BB15 happened...

There were some great individual housemates in BB15 but it really was ruined by constant twists which led to entertaining housemates being put up when they normally wouldn't have been, and of course in a VTE they are more likely to go than an irrelevant boring person.

Channel 5 have given us some great Celeb series with VTS, and BB13 was pretty good too.

What do you think? Should we go back to Vote to Save?

Or how about this? An evict AND a save line for each contestant. Evict votes cancel out save ones, and the person with the fewest save votes left(or highest minus total in some cases no doubt) leaves. This way you can try to save your fave if they are up, but you can also chose to evict someone you really dislike.

Should BB16 go back to Vote to SAVE? 78 votes

Yes
46% 36 votes
No
53% 42 votes

Comments

• ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it matter that much now? The votes are so little that people can organise online campaigns to get rid of anyone they wish (see Jale and Winston). Vote to save would've probably have seen off Pav, Ash and probably Christopher (early weeks); whether that would've been better I don't know. Last series was awful because of the manipulation/twists, not because of a vote to evict.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think some evictions are better with vote to save and some others with vote to evict.

So I think that Ch5 should have just stuck to their original format of vote to save. They made their own mark on the series, yet they've now switched it back and now look like they don't have a clue what they are doing. Like they do with everything else.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No ....
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vote to evict is the only way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it should be VTS but they're not going to switch it.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    Last series was awful because of the manipulation/twists, not because of a vote to evict.

This. Personally I think I prefer vote to evict in the regular series.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Does it make a difference?

Ashleigh survived VTE.
    Winston went in a VTE.
    We had unpredictable evictions - Toya/Ash, Matthew/Ah

VTE worked brilliantly in BB14 and BB15 - where characters like Dexter and Gina were surviving.
  • Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops I voted wrong! Minus one vote off no and put yes vote in..

I didn't know they were going back to vote to evict..
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Why is CBB vote to Save and BB VTE? It should be vote to Save on both.
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VTE always work better in channel 5 bb and vote to save for cbb
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think the reason it's ended up as vote to save for CBB and vote to evict for BB is so that they can milk the 'to save' votes from the already established fanbases of the celebs, while the civilians don't have that so might aswell give the viewers an outlet for all the drama and resentment that the highlights show stirs up every night.

I think they'd switch CBB back to evict if they weren't afraid of losing the 'big time' celebs they've already paid alot of money for.
  • Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that the housemates should been have an option to nominate at all and each week the viewers shoud evict one or more people.

Much simpler and that will negate much for the current unfairness. And I so think that a viewer should only have ONE vote each eviction. - or the same reason.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think it matters, people will moan regardless whenever their favourite gets evicted or doesn't win
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I think the reason it's ended up as vote to save for CBB and vote to evict for BB is so that they can milk the 'to save' votes from the already established fanbases of the celebs, while the civilians don't have that so might aswell give the viewers an outlet for all the drama and resentment that the highlights show stirs up every night.

I think they'd switch CBB back to evict if they weren't afraid of losing the 'big time' celebs they've already paid alot of money for.

I very much doubt Katie Hopkins would have lasted to the final two had it been VTE.
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think it matters, people will moan regardless whenever their favourite gets evicted or doesn't win

True.

I like vote to save better myself, it keeps the more interesting housemates in longer.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote to evict for me, thats how it started and how it should continue imo. Anyone wanting vote to save doesnt get BB for me
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote to Evict every single time. This is why I prefer VTE:

- It feels more like BB to me when it's a VTE.
    - It didn't ruin the more classic, more highly regarded series.
    - It gives people a chance to vote out the show ruiners.
    - It gives the quieter HMs a chance to come to the forefront.
    - I don't want to see nasty, two-faced people stay in the house. If it's a VTS, that means that it's more likely that someone like Conor stays, which is what happened in BB13. If that series had been a VTE, then I'm convinced that he would have gone. For me, that alone is a good enough reason of why VTE is better.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I prefer Vote to evict.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    No and I hope the producers don't do anything to protect their favourite hms either. Protecting Helen the way they did was scandalous to say the least, all the producers were thinking about was ratings, they didn't have time to consult us what we wanted as time means money to em. >:(
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to save in the first half. Vote to evict in the 2nd half.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was a HM I would feel better knowing people spent their money voting to SAVE me than knowing no one bothered to pick up the phone to EVICT me. The public actually has to spend their money to physically send you votes, wherewas with VTE if the public ignore you then you stay.

Vote to save however doesn't work if it's just 2 up. BB needs to do like they do in Australian BB, putting up a minimum of 3 HMs in a VTS. Then you get an actual verdict of who has the most fans and who has the least. In VTE a HM can have more fans than anyone else and still go.