The Norty Step (off-topic) (Part 2)

Comments

• BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Ruffle bars too and the shop next door to my hairdressers sells them! :p I've lost the taste for Dandelion and Burdock though. :(
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Mrs JFW had a role to play in the blog ! Though I suspect Hammy is the brains behind it and Cat has also a large say in the end result

I miss all four and Alfie waves to cat and wonders if cat is in love with Holly ? Alfie is smitten .;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cranberry and pistachio cookies

175g butter, softened
    85g golden caster sugar
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    225g plain flour
    75g pistachios
    75g dried cranberries

1.Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon. stir in the flour, then tip in the pistachios and cranberries - you might need to get your hands in at this stage to bring the mix together as a dough. Halve the dough and shape each half into a log about 5cm across. Wrap in cling film, then chill for 1 hr or freeze for up to 3 months.
    2.Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. slice the logs into 1cm-thick rounds, place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 12-15 mins. Cool completely on the tray.

Enjoy and merry Christmas. :)
  • DizzyspinsDizzyspins Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Cranberry and pistachio cookies

175g butter, softened
    85g golden caster sugar
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    225g plain flour
    75g pistachios
    75g dried cranberries

1.Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon. stir in the flour, then tip in the pistachios and cranberries - you might need to get your hands in at this stage to bring the mix together as a dough. Halve the dough and shape each half into a log about 5cm across. Wrap in cling film, then chill for 1 hr or freeze for up to 3 months.
    2.Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. slice the logs into 1cm-thick rounds, place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 12-15 mins. Cool completely on the tray.

Enjoy and merry Christmas. :)

Thanks Saz, I'll be giving them a try very soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you like them. My mum made some last week and mucked up the amount of sugar in hers (too much) but they were still delicious. Very festive.

Are you still in work today, Dizzy?

I've got the day off to look after my boys as their schools are shut so we're off to the German market in Brum. I'm really looking forward to it. <bounce>

TTFN.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That recipe looks yummy, but sadly I am a useless cook. If it's possible to get anything wrong, I will:o

Have brought some lovely bread if anyone wants to join me for hot buttered toast:):)
  • DizzyspinsDizzyspins Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I hope you like them. My mum made some last week and mucked up the amount of sugar in hers (too much) but they were still delicious. Very festive.

Are you still in work today, Dizzy?

I've got the day off to look after my boys as their schools are shut so we're off to the German market in Brum. I'm really looking forward to it. <bounce>

TTFN.

I was at work today Saz, although the school was closed to pupils. Then I came home to find my oldest son was still here so I spent some time with him before taking him to the station. Hope you and your boys enjoyed the German market, we have one in Southampton every year too, although it's not a very big one here.

Time to get ready to watch ITT, I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time this week at the proper time :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped into say hello and that there's mini cheddars on the table for people to nibble away at! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped into say hello and that there's mini cheddars on the table for people to nibble away at! :)

Good evening. And I've some good Welsh cheddar slices!
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A savoury evening then tonight! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, my mum had made shortbread and some of the cranberry cookies so I've snaffled some. As a contrast to the savouries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, my mum had made shortbread and some of the cranberry cookies so I've snaffled some. As a contrast to the savouries.

Yum! Dessert! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *..........wanders in to see if there are any leftovers to have with my morning coffee......*:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all where ever you may be! Just the one electrician beavering away here today - the nicest one! :D.

I have brought some Battenburg cake for the marzipan lovers amongst us, so help yourselves when you arrive! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :)

I got some more kit-kats, as the last lot got snaffled ;)

MiniJude has just arrived home from College, just in time to help put the shopping away and make a cup of tea :p

Got last night ITT to catch up on, seem to be a day behind with everything, even MrJude said of Tuesdays episode - what's te point of going into detail of last weeks costumes and he doesn't even like ITT!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all

Have just made some fresh proper coffee - perfect with battenburg, thank you.

When you watch last night's ITT make sure you watch the last bit with Jason - even if you don't like him. Very funny!

Just got muddled and nearly offered to make coffee on a Terry thread:eek::o:eek:.

Mind you, did wonder why he was posting on here!:D
  • Red WhineRed Whine Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon All, went to the Bath Christmas Market on Tuesday, but it was pouring with rain, so didn't stay very long, but it is huge and looked good, lots of mulled/spiced wine stalls, but I was on my way to a hospital appt, so I resisted the temptation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't have done to roll up to the hospital in a "merry" state.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm,Battenburg. Yum. I must make Mary Berry's coffee and walnut version one day.

Jude, I don't like the look back at the dresses part. We see them the week before the show, we don't need to see them again the week after. I always stop watching ITT when that bit is on.

Christmas wrapping paper bought so I can start wrapping the pressies now. It's very glam, sparkly black with little brightly coloured reindeer on. And sparkly black gift tags. I love wrapping pressies.:)
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon all

Have just made some fresh proper coffee - perfect with battenburg, thank you.

When you watch last night's ITT make sure you watch the last bit with Jason - even if you don't like him. Very funny!

Just got muddled and nearly offered to make coffee on a Terry thread:eek::o:eek:.

Mind you, did wonder why he was posting on here!:D

Lol , That made me laugh . I get my thread muddled too ! I was on the Downton thread a while back and couldnt get over them all talking about the Eurovision song contest ! What it had to do with Lady Marys love life I couldnt grasp ! Then realized I has clicked the wrong thread

I wish you had made coffee on Terry thread !!!

I love Battenburg , but I have to peel off the marzipan roll it into a little wheel , then eat the cake leaving the roll of battenburg till the end .:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I break battenburg into 4 pieces and eat it in the order pink, yellow, yellow, pink, but I eat the marzipan with the sponge:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm,Battenburg. Yum. I must make Mary Berry's coffee and walnut version one day.

Jude, I don't like the look back at the dresses part. We see them the week before the show, we don't need to see them again the week after. I always stop watching ITT when that bit is on.

Christmas wrapping paper bought so I can start wrapping the pressies now. It's very glam, sparkly black with little brightly coloured reindeer on. And sparkly black gift tags. I love wrapping pressies.:)

Loving all the techniques for enjoying Battenburg! I peel the marzipan off, but keep it flat so I can suck it! I also break the cake up into squares, but I don't care what order I eat the colours as it's all about the marzipan for me! :D

I thought I'd just close my eyes for a little while after the electrician left and completely zonked out! :o:D

It's hard to believe it is now December!:eek: I might start writing cards tonight...or tomorrow maybe!;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol , That made me laugh . I get my thread muddled too ! I was on the Downton thread a while back and couldnt get over them all talking about the Eurovision song contest ! What it had to do with Lady Marys love life I couldnt grasp ! Then realized I has clicked the wrong thread

I wish you had made coffee on Terry thread !!!

I love Battenburg , but I have to peel off the marzipan roll it into a little wheel , then eat the cake leaving the roll of battenburg till the end .:D

:o Well - er - actually I did!:o

But I'm a quick typist and - if you're fast enough - you can go back and delete things and it doesn't show!:cool:

Please don't tell the mods!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Well - er - actually I did!:o

But I'm a quick typist and - if you're fast enough - you can go back and delete things and it doesn't show!:cool:

Please don't tell the mods!:eek:

Better bring some good cakes then! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member

Do you want to come and wrap mine too?

I'm not a lover of battenburg.

I have sparkly red finger and toe nails, all ready for the Christmas do on Saturday - where I will be dancing, well I say dancing....