Options

Cracked Window

BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Me and my Dad have been putting up new blinds in my conservatory, but one of the screws was too long compared to the existing hole that was in the plastic windows, and when my dad screwed it in it has hit some glass. A two inch crack has appeared in the corner of the conservatory window, where the screw hit it.

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do to fix this or will I need to replace the whole window?

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will need to replace the whole glass pane but not the window frame.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can replace the glazing fairly easily. I assume its double glazed ?

Basically take out the beading, it will come out from the inside or outside depending on the design of the frame, take the dimensions including the thickness to a glazing place and they should be able to make up a replacement for less then £100.
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thats good. It's a funny triangle shaped window though if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Had the same sort of thing happen. I phoned the local glazer, and as it was a complex shape asked if he would visit and make a template. This he did, phoned me later with the price and returned a week later to fix it. Simples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get one of those DIY windscreen fixing kits from Halfords, that'll sort it out for you :) Probaby a bit cheaper too...